The Grow Show: No Till ROLS Stealth Spare Room part II: Return of the NuteLess

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by GrowingAndShowing, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Yeah that was on a warm day, the hottest it got before I fixed my ventilation. Had been misreading my thermometer and looking at the « in » temps when the out was the sensor hanging on the canopy, felt like an idiot but that’s the hottest it got. Hoping it didn’t do much damage, they are loving life other than that. Here are my temps right now. We’re having a hot spell it’s 55° out right now and it should be 30

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Also part of the reason I was asking about CO2 emissions from organic soils is because I’m hoping that my plants are a little more resilient to high temps.

• Like Like x 2
  3. IMG_0001.JPG
    Much better, and with the door closed!

4. Everyone’s so shy around here,

What’s going on?

Today is day 19
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Watching them swell day by day, think the heat from the second week may have made them stretch a little extra, some nodal spaces are farther than I’d like, last time o flowered her she was more compact and I remember her colas being larger, but it’s not even the end of the third week so we will see what happens. The larger bud sites are already about the size of nickels and week 4 begins Tuesday.

Was planning on watering today but the containers are still heavy, gave them a good foliar feed really focusing on the bud sites when the lights came on. I’m steadily in the mid seventies right now reading 74.1 with a humidity of 45% a little low but better than high. They were about 62-66 for their photo period and the humidity hit about 54%. It rained yesterday and I had to put the ac on dehumidify mode to dry things down a bit but we’re looking good in here. Touched a sugar leaf and o can already smell the tones of diesel and musty earth with a little anise in the back. When she finishes up the licorice really comes through.

I have some seeds k want to pop but I’m nervous about my tent’s temps not being high enough? I would switch the light schedule to 24/7 but right now it’s on 17-7 and the 7 is for sleeping. Gonna ponder sprouting them as last time I wasted a whole pack of exotic genetix gear and the freebies I got.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Been neglecting my 2 moms. Idk why I have two moms of the same genetic? Don’t ask me, more choices for good cuts. But here they are.
    [​IMG]
    I hurried them a little too deep where they branched off so they’ve grown weird especially since I had them jammed in the middle shelf with light coming from the sides.
    But I decided to clean them up and throw them into flower just for the fuck of it. Put a top dressing of my home made castings on and a few tablespoons of my multi purpose blend for my no till mix as well as a couple tbsp of powdered egg shells. Then threw my mulch back on and I’m gonna give em some plain water with kelp in a bit.
    [​IMG]
    All cleaned and dressed up
    [​IMG]

Decided I’m gonna start my seeds today, should I pre soak them? Or just pop them in a blend of castings, and pro mix? All out of perlite and pumice unfortunately but I have some all purpose soil mixed in a tote that has some heavy pumice was figuring I could do 1/4 that, 1/4 castings and the rest pro mix with a sprinkle of michorhizzae and kelp in each one
    Thoughts tips advice? My temps in my tent have been from 65-80 and I’m currently 17 hours on and 7 off

Sent from Uranus, with love

• Like Like x 1
  6. Started some seeds today, decided to not use the paper towel method. I did soak them in some to water with a little aloe and kelp though, because why not?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Let them sit for about 8 hours then mixed up some seed starter. 1/3 of some soil I had with some pumice in there, 1/3 fresh prommix, and 1/3 EWC some of my own and some of the green tree bag I had left over, then I sprinkled some egg shell, 1/2 a teaspoon of my all purpose nutrient blend. 1/2 a teaspoon of some michorhizzae and then shook it up and filled my starter containers. Little solo shot glasses with holes made using a soldering iron.
    Then I made a hole with a chopstick about 1/4 of an inch down. Then I sprinkled in some michorhizzae into the hole before dumping the solution out of the cups the seeds soaked in and retrieving each seed for planting into the media.

Hopefully now that they have adequate light I will get better results. Last time they got pretty lanky and then they damped off after I transplanted from the shot glass solo cup to an 18 oz solo cup.
    [​IMG]

5- « sticky dream » feminized seeds bred by positronics this pack I had sent to me as a replacement for the first pack I received where none of them sprouted.

Than one seed each found in bags of high quality cannabis I’ve smoked in the last four months;
    Cherry Garcia,
    Dark dragon
    And Gorilla Glue #4

7. A little hot and dry in my tent this morning, not liking it but I sprayed things down heavily to get the humidity up and turned my exhaust fan up a bit to lower the temps. It was 94° and 28% humidity. I really need a clear dome but don’t have one atm. May use some cling film as a humidity dome.

Here are some pics from the flower room though:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    How do they look? Yesterday was the 21st day and the beginning of week 4. I think my temps were a bit higher than I wanted in the second week so they stretched more than intended but now the temps and humidity have been perfect and I’ve been giving them some high PK inputs when watering. Just some things lying around that I don’t want to waste.
    Last watering I gave them an EWC tea with some guano, kelp paste neem and aloe and then threw in 25 ml canna boost and a few grams of shooting powder. Trying to get these girls to put out as much hair In their armpits as they possibly can. So far they look pretty damn OK

• Like Like x 1
  8. The first baby has popped!!!
    Not too positive about all three of the bag seeds but this batch of sticky dream seems like a good group. Already #1 is up and spreading their cotyledons, I had to help remove the shell casing for the little buddy but she’s reaching up. #4 and #5 are beginning to emerge as well and the Glue seed sprouted a tail, we’ll see how long it takes them to make it up and join the party. Keeping things humid but trying not to over water too. Gonna need to let them grow and get the transplant right.

IMG_4179.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. Don't water until the cups start to feel lighter or you risk damp off and will hinder them. Its best to make them be under watered a bit at start than over. Makes them strong.
    hope they all pop up for you :)

• Like Like x 3
  10. I don’t plan on giving them any more water, just some misting in the air.

I got this pack as a replacement for a pack that didn’t pop. I got it with about 20 other seeds and the 20 all popped but I didn’t have my tent yet and the only light they were getting was some side light from my 2’ square fixture and a shitty compact 13 watt florou right above them. I transplanted them a little early and watered them and they all damped off. Should have only popped 5 of the 11 exotic genetix seeds I had but oh well. You live you learn you waste $100 in genetics. Womp womp

The S1 gorilla glue I found is going to make it it looks like as well as all the sticky dream seeds. It’s the cherry G and Dark Dragon that haven’t budged yet.

I just need some new flavors. Growing one strain is boring. I’m not a fan of GG, everyone in my area has it, a good friend refused to give me his cut because he thinks it’s so special but I have someone about 100 miles from me with a great list of genetics and j want to buy some, quarantine them and introduce them into my regiment. Ten or twelve to be exact. Was gonna get the GG4 just to give this person i know a middle finger. This is the list though
    IMG_3706.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. Best. Reply. Ever.

This, everyone, is EXACTLY the truth. This is the way everyone should respond. Factually. Unfortunately 99% of the population are sheeple (or is it sheople).

• Like Like x 1