The Green Green cupboard. 250 watt HPS. Bubba clones

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by mattbudda, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Hey dude, saw you over on the uk thread and came to have a look, love that bubble, my personal favourite strain I've grown and yours is looking great.

Happy growing

2. Cheers dude, Good to get some love from a fellow uk grower. Just had a look at yours very sneaky.

3. Day 30 of Flowering

Tried to slow down the yellowing on the pineapple express by giving it a little mix of grow/bloom nutes a few days ago. Some of the fan leaves are completely yellow now and dying, just going to have to accept she's not gonna look as pretty anymore.

Pretty sure they're starting to ease off the water now, gave them a big water on Thursday as they had to be left alone for a few days and didn't need watering yesterday when I got back.

The yellowing obviously looks worse because of the light, but some of them, like the one pictured are going yellow and dying.

P1020909.jpg

P1020906.jpg

P1020905.jpg

P1020902.jpg

P1020900.jpg

P1020899.jpg

P1020898.jpg

4. What's up dude! Your grows looking great! Yellowing usually means N deficiency but careful with N in flowering it will make the stretch more drastic. It looks like you have plenty of room though. I've also had phenos go yellow the whole time but that was from seed, are these clones? And are they from the same mother?

5. Thanks man, the 2 plants in the screen are bubbalicious which came from a clone of a friends plants and the pineapple express a free seed from g13 labs, again off of a friend.

I only gave 2ml of grow nutes just to top it up a tiny bit, that's all the extra N it's going to get. I think it's a combination of the pineapple going yellow early as a trait combined with the fact I switched from grow to bloom too soon.

6. Yeah as they switch from veg to flower their N requirements go down and their potassium and phosphate requirements go up. Are you PH'ing your water?

7. I haven;t been doing it regularly, I'll try tonight and see what it is.

8. #48 Morphy, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2012
    I don't really understand pH meters but it read 7.4 the other day from the run off, although the water ran through the pot so quickly it was probably more from the water but then when I tested the pH of the water after I'd added nutrients it was 5.1.

Having now tested the run off again it's about 6.4.

I don't trust the pH meter I have, it's calibrated only using a 7 solution and I don't have any deionised water for cleaning it so it's accuracy is probably off.

I put molasses in the water last time would that affect the pH of it?... Just been reading, molasses is acidic so not sure.

9. Do you have any PH up and down? Ideal PH range for soil is 5.8-6.3 you have to play around with it to get your runoff right but you want the runoff at 5.8-6. Are you still getting yellowing?

10. Yeah still getting yellowing on the pineapple express but non on the bubblicious, even though they are watered with the same nutrient concentrations, the only difference grow wise is that the bubblicious are scrogged.

I have some cider vinegar but the pH of the water seemed pretty low after the nutrients were added. Last time I tried to adjust the pH I ended up getting loads of clawing.

I'm using Plant magic Oldtimer bloom (organic) it's a UK product as far as I know.

11. Yeah as you add nutrients its going to lower your PH. Salt as on the acidic side of the scale and acid lowers PH. Do some research on PH but in short, different nutrients get absorbed better at different PH's. At 5.8-6 all the nutrients your plant needs can be absorbed the most efficiently. You can throw all the nutrients you want at it but if the PH isn't right its just going to sit in your soil. Read your nutrients and add more of the one with the highest nitrogen to the pe in PH'd water and see if it helps, good luck!

12. Cheers for the help mate. Yeah we played with the PH a bit at the start and did more harm than good. I read just to start leave it alone and the lime in the soil should seattle things out. This is our first grow and learning alot, got a lot of plans for next time and a lot more experience.

Next Grow will try test the PH alot more through out the grow. And change the design off the box round a bit.

Thanks

13. Day 36 of Flowering

Ok so I tested the pH of the pineapple today it was 6.1 so that's pretty much what it needs to be. I read between 5.8 and 6.3 is a good level.

Not much to report really, just the continuing yellowing of the pineapple, not a lot can be done about that now.

Bubblicious starting to show signs of yellowing on a couple of leaves, but only speckles.

P1020917.jpg

P1020915.jpg

P1020914.jpg

P1020913.jpg

P1020912.jpg

14. Looks delicious

15. Cheers man, i havnt seen them in a like two weeks and i miss my babies. See them on thursday yeah. will post some more photos this weekend maybe if anyones interested.

16. Sugar leaves on the bud seem to be going quite yellow and the undersides of the fan leaves are picking up a red colour to them. I'm not too sure what this could be. Couldn't get very good pictures because the light was on.

P1020926.jpg

P1020927.jpg

17. Week 9 today

Crop one plant two days ago, now in my cupboard. It was the smallest of the three. The pineapple has about a week left as took a while to start flowering. And the sceond bubblucius will be chopped tomo.

They look really nice good smell and a nice purple colour to the tips. here some photo from about a week ago and one of the chopped plant.

X

Attached Files:

18. Looks great but you should take the buds of the stem and dry them individually to prevent mold. Otherwise, nice harvest love it when they purp :)

19. cheers dude, year going to hang them for three days then trim and then put them in paper bags. Yeah there so nice purple, Pretty happy for the first time. Will add picture of the next two plants when chopped and when trimmed soon

20. Two of the bubba plant have been chopped, one is in jars and one is drying. Here a couple of photos of trimming the first smallest plant, and a couple of buds before they go into the jar.

Thanks sirpyscho help chopping up the plant, especially on the bigger one. Pinapple is in 2 days of darkness, will get the chop tomo.

x

Attached Files: