The Green Fairy

Discussion in 'General' started by meatwad, Feb 1, 2006.

1. The Green Fairy has landed on my door:hello:

I just thought I would share with the fine people of grasscity my most recent purchase. The two bottles cost me $180.

I'm hoping I dont have to drink too much to feel the effects of this absinth. I have drank absinth twice, the first time was when I was in okinawa and me and a friend drank a whole liter bottle. Needless to say that was a crazy night. The other time me and a friend ordered a bottle and ended up with a very small bottle, the effects this time weren't has intense has the first time but it was still an enjoyable experience.

I will let you know how this stuff is.

[​IMG]

and a close up of the bottle.

[​IMG]

2. Those bottles are really sweet. What is that middle glass piece? Do you stir with that or drink out of it? :confused:

3. The middle glass piece is a sipping pipe. You fill it with absinth and sip it out like a pipe.

[​IMG]

4. haha, thats fucking cool. :smoking:

5. i always thaught that the real stuff it made in either france or holland. cause i know theres alot of fake ones out there

6. They make alot of it in the czech republic and trust me this stuff is real.

7. so ill,

id love to get my hands on some abstineth,

i herb when you drink it you start out in like the afternoon taking a shot an hour for the duration of the day and by the am your trippin balls.

enjoy

8. Sipping Pipe!!!! Pure Genius! That is amazing! Can you just order those alone? I like to sip on absinth (if someone corrects my spelling, i will keel you). That pipe would so totally rock. It's the perfect size too. :hello:

edit: hahaha meatwad, read your rep.

9. Nah the czech republic makes some of the best and strongest absinth in the world.

10. That sipping pipe thing is sweet, id love to have one of those :D

11. I saw that you are in the US, I was under the impression that they wouldn't ship it to the US, so I guess I'm wrong on that? Could you pm me with the information on where to order it from, cause my husband and I have been wanting to try it, but figured we'd have to wait until we went to Europe, but if we don't have to wait that would be great. Thanks for any help. And where you can get one of those sipping pipes, cause those rock too... Thanks again.

~ Terpsichore

12. meatwad I'd like to add something for Terpsichore if I'm not stepping on your toes... Also how is it, man? Melting the paint off your walls?

Terpsichore, I don't really like any absinth except the brand called Absente. It's French but I'm not saying that for any other reason than to distinguish the brand. I can actually sit and sip Absente with only a few ice cubes (no fuss with the sugar and heat...). And I only drink a shot size amount at a time to feel buzzed as hell. -- You can get absinth from overseas on ebay. (just make sure you read the feedback to find out if they are liars or not) I'm sure the company would ship it to you directly if you wanted. -- It is illegal to import it into the US but some people really don't care. (and I'm glad they don't) :)

Where is TheColonel? He has all kinds of insight and ideas on this topic. (brands, methods, etc...)

13. I is here :)

Is absinthe legal?

Absinthe is legal in many countries. There are still countries that prohibit the sale of absinthe, i.e. United States.

Even though absinthe is prohibited in the United States, it is not a controlled substance like Marijuana and Cocaine. So you can have it. Just cant buy it.

The brand absente actually contains no thujone. its perfectly legal to sell in the us. its creation was an attempt to give us absinthe drinkers the flavor w/o the supposed health risks. o'dwabsinthe, if you will :)

www.wormwoodsociety.org is a great place to learn about absinthe.

www.absinthebuyersguide.com is pretty good as well.

I dont want to sway you in any direction, buy my personal tastes steer me towards the french recipies.

Good luck, and let me know how the green fairy treats you.

14. Thanks everyone... I'll check out those sites, and when I get a bottle I'll let everyone know how it goes for us. :D

~ Terpsichore