The Greatest terra forming idea ever!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by untamedlion33, Apr 28, 2012.

1. i was taking a shower after watching a doc on the planets and it hit me. The planet venus has too much of an atmosphere and mars dosnt have enough of one to sustain life. both planets are filled with co2 as well as water vapor. so all we have to do is take a big hose that sucks the atmosphere from venus pull it up abuve the sun so that it never hits it when the planets orbit. then dump venuses atmosphere on mars. while mars atmosphere increases we plant algae and other plants to produce oxygen. and when venus starts cooling down we do the same there. eventually we can have 3 planets like earth instead of just 2, as planed by just settling mars.... for the same price it would cost to terra form mars we can do 2, its like buy one get one free :hello:

2. You do realize how long that hose would have to be, correct?

for one. lol.

3. omgyousohigh

4. yeah we can just use a duct tube like what we use for the dryer i guess. it's cheap enough lol

5. #5 turbotoke, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
    A hose to go from one planet to the other would be out of our resources to even build. Plus we would never be able to get both ends near each planet to work.

Maybe you're talking about taking atmosphere from Venus and putting it in a tank, then sending it to Mars, but that would take multiple trips, billions of dollars and many years.

Sorry to burst your bubble but our technology is just not on the level to even try that.

edit - tried to look it up and the best guess I got was that at their closest points Mars and venus are about 75 Million miles apart.

6. thats for the engineers to figure out... i'm submitting the idea to nasa.

7. in theory it isn't a bad idea, however you would still need to deal with the temperature of each planet, venus is too hot and mars is too cold, they both exist outside the habitital zone or goldilock planetismal zone, not to mention the lack of a strong magnetic field on mars...terrible for UV rays and radiation

8. you are not taking into account many variable such as mass, gravitational pull, weight of the gases, core temperatures.

do you even understand how atmospheres are retained on planetesimals?
    you cant just throw an atmosphere at a planet and expect it stick rofl, it isn't that elementary of a fix.

9. *facepalm* you obviously don't know how atmospheres work. You can't just suck it away. Or add it to some other atmosphere.

10. [quote name='"Danceswithjuub"']you are not taking into account many variable such as mass, gravitational pull, weight of the gases, core temperatures.

do you even understand how atmospheres are retained on planetesimals?
    you cant just throw an atmosphere at a planet and expect it stick rofl, it isn't that elementary of a fix.[/quote]

This.

11. [​IMG]

"She's gone from suck to blow!!!!!!!!!!"