the greatest high-dea in history!

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by nwoneness, Feb 16, 2011.

1. :p alright maybe not...but i'm still curious so hear me out!
    ok, so, to my understanding you can graft the larger sativa rootstock to the squatter indica body, producing a hybrid retaining it's low profile, while having some more expansive root growth. correct? ok well here's where the genius starts to seep through.. now what happens if you seed that plant? will the two plant's genetic codes merge or will it retain one half as the dominant..this could even be re-crossed with a male that has also had the grafting experiment performed, then selectively breed for the original traits? trying to keep the plants looking as much like their parents as possible, while keeping other attributes in mind of course :smoke: i'm just wondering if this would be necessary or just neat-o like i'm thinking, or will just crossing a straight sativa and a straight indica produce about the same effects..haha any input would be much appreciated, as my curiosity knows no bounds, and my mind will surely explode if i do not find out. thank you always g.c.:wave:

2. No. Think of fruit cocktail trees. Yes, there will be many different species of "fruit" produced by the one tree, but simply because the one tree has "donor" parts from different trees doesn't make the seed capable of passing the genes once grown out.

3. well darn. :rolleyes: thanks man, i guess i didn't think of that. and got a little carried away in my fantasy. high-dea fail. still i wonder exactly how much awareness a plant has of it's own self, like if it would notice if generation after generation you modified it in the same way, and it's growth would start to take into account the changes made by us. like plants that start to naturally lay flatter to expose more bud sites. I wanna see some real world evolution!

4. Well Im sure there is "something" to be said about plant consciousness, but lets start that thread in pandora or philosophy. I'll surely enjoy a coffee and a bud over it in there! Grow ON!:wave:

5. Nah, don't go mucking human sentience with plant sentience, that's like trying to compare water and silk. There's a lot to be said about plant's consciousness.

Lets start a new thread on the subject...in the regular "Advanced Technique" forum.