The Great Pyramid of Bagseed at 30° N :P

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Wakko, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Well hello there! I'm Wakko, pleased to meet you, and honored to share my April 2016 grow with you all. I can't make promises that it will be attention-holding, but I'm going to give experimenting my best shot. I'm starting with 10 bagseeds I took out of the freezer last Tuesday (4.5.16). I put them immediately onto damp paper towels and sprouted for a couple of days (only took 6.5 hours for roots to emerge) and on Thursday I put them in a single small pot until they all push through the soil, which three did today and I expect the others to follow along shortly. Here are a couple of pics of what I have so far. They will come to reside in other soil soon, which I'll get into in a few moments.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The area I have to grow in is insufficient for transplanting into the ground, as well as for humongous grow-bags, so I'm going small-time with 5-gallon buckets, portable. To boot, for sprouting & vegging they will be outdoors during sunlight and indoors under low-wattage CFLs during the night, 24/7 until June 20th (Summer Solstice, MONstuhs), at which point they will spend nights in the darkness of my water-heater shed with a fan, at least that's the plan.

I will only be watering with rain water when permittable (clean rain here), chelated otherwise. I have chosen to use Dyna-Gro Foliage-Pro for veg and Liquid Bloom for flowering. Any usage of nutes is still several weeks away.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The soil I went with isn't the best, but what I could afford for 10 buckets. I'm not proud that it's Miracle Gro, but hopefully it's better than some of the other crappy soils I've tried at a higher price.

[​IMG]

If anyone has any suggestions for what I've got going on I would very much appreciate the advice.

2. I also want to apologize for putting this in the wrong category (it's all the herb's fault). Should've been Outdoor Grow Journals. I've contacted admin., but if a mod happens to drop by, please go ahead and move it to it's proper locale.

3. I'd get them out of that mass planting as soon as possible..
    3x3x3 inch square cups is what I start in.. Transplant at 8 to 12 inches tall to a 5x5x7 deep..
    For a successful setout you need to raise the plants under a compatable lighting so they don't light shock flower when you set them out.. 16-8 or 17-7 lighting and setout June first..
    BNW

• Like Like x 1
  4. BrassNwood, I have never grown by 24hr light, never considered light shock causing flowering, and didn't really read up on it. I started thinking this is my only shot at it this year and I'm not wanting to muck off potential females. I've decided to leave them outside full-time starting tonight.

5. Hello, everybody. Three seeds killed over, and two others looked sickly, so I'm going with the five I have left. They look pretty good. I have no idea whether this is sativa or indica, but my seed guy usually has only sativa. And as I mentioned to BrassNwood, I'm just going to leave them outside at night and settle for what I get. I put each in their respective bucket. Here are some pics I took yesterday morning. It got up to 86°. I gave them a dose of rainwater after transplanting.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hope all goes well this year for you. I'm also going to give it a go this year but haven't started a journal yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hey, one random guy, thanks for the well wishes, and I hope your grow surpasses your expectations. I hope to catch your journal from the start.

8. I haven't figured out how to give +rep here yet, so if anyone can help me out with that I'd be grateful.

9. Well, I asked for rain....and got more than I cared for. Only today it let up and the sun popped out. Needless to say slow is the grow. This same crap happened last year where it's normally a strain to squeeze a drop.

They're in no particular order until sexing, at which point I will give them labels. I'm ordering the Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro this weekend while hoping for many sunny days to come.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. What camera are you using? It looks great, sometimes focusing on the soil though. Good luck with your grow.

EDIT: Oh shit, didn’t realize this was in April 2016. I saw the link on someone’s profile so I clicked.