the great cfl question yes or no

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sky is green, Apr 28, 2009.

1. :hello: Hello to every one ,i 'm newly joined,today and i wanted to share a few grow experements / experiences......
    ok so I'm not new to the growing bug and have been an avid gardener for many yrs in afghanastan and central africa the common key being outdoors...
    Now ,Back in Ireland , brrr,outdoor gardening is less of a viable undertaking...

Indoor grow..?
    Shelf?
    room?
    box?
    hps?
    cfl?
    soil?
    hydro?
    dripfeed?
    red light?
    blue light?
    lol all new to me ...so here's how i got on...

be gentle......!

2. well chief that is a broad array of questions you got there...
    all these things depend on your preferences, budget, availability of supplies, and strains youre growing. id suggest reading all of the stickies in the indoor section as well as some of the regular articles. this should help you come to a conclusion on what should work best for you... hydro might be good for me but soil might be good for you... pretty much everything works this way so there is no you should use this and only this kind of answer

3. thanks dude i did all that and other sites too and to be honest was still left unsure as to what and how... Now i know soil, and i like the fact it acts as a buffer,saved me many times that!, so for this experiment i decided to stick with,i used a miracle grow potting compost split with 30% perlite or ther abouts.I bought 3 400w ballasts and phillips green power bulbs and 3 using a cheaper sonlight brand bulb2 65 watt cfl blue spectrum 2x65 watt red spectrum,2 x 85 watt cfl red and 2 x 85 watt blue and finally 2 x 125w cfl red and 2 125w cfl blue,

for proper growth reports and accuracy i grew 6 cloned mother plants under veg for 9 months grapefruit and got the 120 cuttings i needed for this experiment...

Interested? lol