The GrassCity Gazette

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Infinity, Apr 10, 2009.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFVQ0HZz2mc]YouTube - USA using Patriot Act against its own citizens[/ame]

2. Ron Paul’s Economic Theories Winning, GOP Converts.

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDR0OxVdsAo&eurl]YouTube - Ron Paul discusses the GOP with Rachel Maddow 05/05/2009[/ame]

4. Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Don't let Rush sneeze on you!

The Obama Adm. is dragging its feet on any revelation of the Stress Test results from the 19 large banks that control more than 2/3 of all banking assets. Rumor is that half of them failed the test and will need substantial new capital to continue operations. In reality these banks have been insolvent for years and were only propped up by the fiction of debt bubbles created one after another to pad their balance sheets. All of this courtesy of Alan Greenspan and the permanent Republican majority.

Fed Chairman Bernanke testified before Congress today that the housing crisis is leveling off but he said unemployment will continue to rise. No comfort for the people in the mushrooming tent cities who are unable to find work. Experts are predicting at least another one and a half million more homeless people this year. This maybe optimistic; the failure of Democrats to pass the Bankruptcy reform that would have fixed bad mortgages will result in another 8 million foreclosures. Banks are even demolishing houses if municipalities refuse to allow them to abandon them.

The NAFTA Swine Flu continues to sap the resources of local health departments even though it appears for now to not be very serious an infection. However a worker returning from Mexico infected a large swine herd in Canada.

The pigs are recovering nicely but it demonstrates a problem. Now that this virus is able to move freely between humans and the mega-sized corporate pig herds it can mutate and pickup stray genetic material as it goes back and forth.

Viruses have a relatively tiny genetic makeup and reproduce billions of times in a very short period. There is a real possibility that once set in motion the virus will eventually acquire the missing protein it needs to make it as lethal as the 1918 Flu Pandemic that killed between 50 and 100 million people worldwide.

Rush is telling all his former Republicans that this Flu pandemic is all hype to make people dependent on the Federal Government. How did this virus start moving between pigs and man? A missing link in the evolutionary chain perhaps? How about it, Pigman?

5. What is this "permanent Republican majority"?

6. It's the same as the permanent Democratic majority.

Just a group of people that will always be there for us to blame to look good in politics.

7. Ah, that makes sense. :D
    -------------------------------

College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

+1 for 2nd Amendment :smoke:

8. #109 Dickie4:20, May 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2009

9. In what aspect? Only in war mongering and violating civil liberties at home could you make this case, but not when talking about banking and economy.

Republicans are too much like Democrats when it comes to fiscal and monetary policy... which is why the comment on Greenspan (whom Clinton re-appointed twice) doesn't make sense to me.

IMO, the only sensible policy of Democrats, being anti-war, has been traded for the war mongering lies of NeoCons, and the only sensible policy of Republicans, limited government, is traded for the Democrat policy of deficit spending and unlimited government. We're really shafted here... each party has taken on the worst attributes of the others... but for whom?

Marcy seems cool, I'm into populists that want to give a voice to the people.

10. [​IMG]
    Return to the Article

May 06, 2009
    Michael Steele: Half a Chairman

I've been following the travails of Michael Steele for a few months now, and I'd say the latest news is pretty gosh darned huge. From the Washington Times:

Capitulating to critics on the Republican National Committee, embattled Republican Party Chairman Michael S. Steele has signed a secret pact agreeing to controls and restraints on how he spends hundreds of millions of dollars in party funds and contracts, The Washington Times has learned.

The "good governance" agreement revives checks and balances Mr. Steele resisted implementing for RNC contracts, fees for legal work and other expenditures that were not renewed after the 2008 presidential nominating contest.

The agreement, proposed by several current and former RNC officials, goes further, making 33-year RNC veteran Jay Banning, who was fired by Mr. Steele along with his deputy last month, an on-call adviser to the RNC treasurer. Mr. Banning was seen as a trusted liaison to RNC members critical of Mr. Steele's tenure and financial management.

From the looks of it, the outlines of the agreement restore some old rules that had expired at the end of last year. Moreoever, Steele's opponents have also managed to put Jay Banning (the RNC's chief financial officer until he was fired by Steele) in a watchdog position over Steele. This is an agreement that Steele initially opposed. According to the Times, he had this to say in an email to RNC members a few weeks ago:

"I have just returned from an overseas trip to learn that the five of you have developed a scheme to transfer the RNC chairman's authority to the treasurer and the executive committee," Mr. Steele wrote in an e-mail he sent to Randy Pullen, the RNC's elected treasurer, and Blake Hall, the committee's general counsel, as well as to three former RNC officers.

In the e-mail, obtained by The Washington Times, Mr. Steele argues that he always has embraced the "transparency, competitive bidding and good governance" that Mr. Pullen and the others said their resolution aims to achieve...

"It is of course not lost on me that each of you worked tirelessly down to the last minute in an effort to stop me from becoming chairman," Mr. Steele wrote.

And yet now he is accepting the agreement. What is this all about?

It's impossible to know for sure what is going on. The party organizations are semi-private, and simply not required to tell us exactly what they're up to. Nevertheless, from the looks of it, Steele's early decision to fire every RNC employee rubbed some RNC members the wrong way; they wanted to get greater controls over the new chairman. Steele - perhaps facing a no-confidence vote later this month if he refused - finally gave them what they wanted.

Is this the end of Steele's trouble? My gut tells me no. Frankly, I think that if the RNC is this worried about Steele - they should just get rid of him. The party's position in government is now extremely tenuous. The 2010 midterm is of critical importance to the GOP, and the RNC is the chief source of party funds. There is little margin for error. Can the party afford a hamstrung chairman whom members have little confidence in? One can't help but wonder if these half-measures will make things worse rather than better.

[Ha ha ha ha ha one nut Steele.]

11. Obama to fire his first arabic gay linguist

[​IMG]

12. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3ewEkcc2Yw]YouTube - Wanda Sykes kills at White House Correspondents' Dinner Part 1[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_FP1g5gNcI]YouTube - Wanda Sykes kills at White House Correspondents' Dinner Part 2[/ame]​

13. [​IMG]
    Don't Be Fooled By Inflation
    by Peter Schiff

14. [​IMG]

Pakistani President: Ossama bin Laden is Dead

15. It could be a big possibility that he is dead. He had kidney problems in the 90's and if it came up again, with him being in such isolation, I doubt he would have gotten the help he needs.

16. Also remember that when his wife, Benazir Bhutto, made the same claim in 2007 she was assassinated 2 months later. She also said if she was killed look to the ISI because she was blowing the whistle on key security officials.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnychOXj9Tg]YouTube - Benazir Bhutto: Bin Laden was Murdered[/ame]

Maybe it was one of Cheney's assassinations? :smoke: