the graffiti thread

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by bloodwars, Jun 15, 2008.

1. street art is not graffiti

2. sorry i was assuming it was yours seeing as you said "i actually have been stenciling recently" lol my apologies.

3. Bump.

Your ex was/is friends with SABER? That's fucking crazy, BANSKY's stencils are dope too.

I've seen a picture with his stencils of monkeys that are in a space suit holding a sign that says 'you laugh now, but someday well rule the world' going down the whole fucking train it was ridiculous.

4. I remember the days - Stealth missions and full on all-night bombing sessions, trains, buses, walls, bridges, billboards, trams (in certain places!) vans, HGV's, planes(!!!!) you name it, our crew bombed it!!!!!

Below are a few really old bits and bobs that i had hiding in the darkest corners of my hard drive, some sketches and photo's...

I'm too old for all that fence-climbing and wall-scaling - it's all about T-Shirts and stickers for me now!

Enjoy...

Attached Files:

5. Thats some great "Old School" art...I think Graff was at it's Best in the mid 80's (just My opinion)..especially Tags...Tags had more style back then...

My Boy got me a Nice 2' X 2' photo print that was released on SABERS L.A. River Piece..According to The Guieness book of World Records..this is the largest Graffiti piece in the World...I even know that L.A. declared it a landmark..LOL...So it was illegal to remove or damage it..but this Piece was done years ago so I honestly don't know if it's still There...It's off the I-5 near Dodger Stadium..Every time I visit L.A. I bring the framed Print for Saber to sign but I always miss him.....

To Get an Idea of how Massive this Piece actually is...If you look at the upper front part of the "B" in saBer"..you can see a black dot and that is Saber sitting in the middle of the piece..

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

<.<

>.>
    I think I misread the title.

7. These are just a "FEW" of my Sticker & Piece books..every page looks like the covers but with shit I have collected since 1990 or just Graff from friends coming over etc....

The 2 front books are so thick about 3' thick..seriously..that the only thing holding them together is the sickers thenselves they've ripped apart...LOL....I am delicate with those 2 they were my first 2 books and took over 3 years to finish both..

[​IMG]

8. dam you make your own stickers? i been fucking around in blackbooks a couple years just started trying to make stickers about to get some printed when i do you wanna trade?

9. 100% FOR SURE Brotha...I trade with alot of people and have a good collection..I am a Sticker WHORE.....I still send out little "Gift Packs" and shit to old friends etc.....LOL...In fact recently I got a Brick of Thunderbomb Firecrackers peeled off the logos and replaced them with my own sticker and gave them out to the Crew and others...LMAO.....I know it's a Brilliant Idea..One of Many I have...LMAO...Like Everyone else said..LOL...I grew up with the Masters of getting people to know your name and "Cheap Fame"...LOL.....

[​IMG]

The Print out of my most Recent Stencil...January 2008

[​IMG]

10. that firecracker idea is nice i would never think of anything like that

11. This is a 6 layer stencil i did over a year ago... Comments?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. This was the last Stencil I was trying to put out..I Just could never get it Right and gave up...roughly last March....

[​IMG]

I forgot where I got this PIC....But this guy is "REALLY" into
    Obey/Giant....LOL

[​IMG]

13. I have respect for all the writers out there that keep it real. Out here where I live, there is a lot of hater shit and crews that jump other writers just for the fact that they write. I would post some of my sketches but I don't have any pictures.

Tsar, that's a nice multi-layer stencil you have there.

The Coma, I agree with you. Now a days most graffiti you see the style has already been used in some way or another. I guess now a days with the new generation of writers its hard to come up with your own style without being influenced by someone elses style. I remember sitting in one of my classes at school and someone drew a cope throwup on the desk hahaha.

I write Endor by the way. I do have a picture of the most recent stencil I am using. I have been having fun with labels and stencils lately. Easy tags (I got lazy haha).

The original idea for my stencil was a picture of an Ewok with Endor underneath it (I couldn't find a decent picture of an Ewok). This will do for now though.

[​IMG]

14. THAT IS MY KIND OF STENCIL ENDOR....I am a Whore for Gas Mask logos, just ask Revolution who took my SIG request (LOL) and 2 of my Tattos are Gas Mask Related....I gotta admit when I saw it I got that "Feeling"? like "I wanna steal that Idea"(J/K).....I won't...WORD!!!

I put that in my Library of Stencils I have seen if thats all good with you??? it's Tight Bro.....

And yea that is a nice 7 layer stencil, Those are tough....I have not got past 2 layer...That shit is a real ART....some people can turn any image etc into a Stencil and I cannot figure out the talent that takes!!!!!!!!

15. Haha thanks man. It took me a while to come up with a cool stencil that I liked. Multi-layer stencils are fun. But fuck man its time consuming to cut out each individual layer. I could show you how to make multi layer if you want man. It's not as hard as it sounds. More time consuming if anything. Oh yeah I found another old stencil that I was using for a while. It was one of my first stencils ever. If you don't know who that is, it's the girl Mitsuko Soma from the foreign film Battle Royale which was adopted from the book by Koushun Takami. If you haven't seen it yet or read the book. I suggest you do both haha.

[​IMG]

16. BUMP

"YELOE" ICR

[​IMG]

17. I'll get some pics of the shit in my area soon, but heres some shit I respect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres some shit i found on google under Fresno Graffiti until I can get my own pics for you guys. I don't tag, not artistic enough :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Figured I'd contribute, even though I didnt take any of those pics or do any of the art, because I do appriciate GOOD art. I don't know any artists or crew names or anything, just respect their art.

• Like Like x 1
  18. how many of you actually paint?
    just curious. . .
    cuz i do, and i want to see more pics in here.

[​IMG]

19. i have painted a few times but i always think im gonna get busted so i been sticking to doing stickers and hitting blackbooks w/ sketches and stuff