The goofs are going after your fertilizer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cinnamonbun, Aug 5, 2022.

1. #21 trojangrower, Aug 6, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2022
    I had to look into this. Canada's government is a bit over regulatory (to say the least), and I'm on the fence with this.
    Let's be careful about this. What this is is food regulation; its been around for a long time. Its a way to assure (the public) that the food is safe to eat. Myself, I don't want to eat food that has been spiked with hormones, or flooded with some toxin to preserve the meat. Its just like cannabis; in Canada, if you plan to sell commercial weed, it needs to be regulated because I don't want to smoke weed that has been infected with aspergillus, or other contaminant, sold by some shady got-to-make-a-profit douchbag. And yes, those guys are a plenty; I've walked out of business arrangements because of people like that.

So, yes, Canada limits the sale of certain foods, like beef, poultry, eggs, milk, etc. The regulations are found here.
    Scanning through the document, I noticed this as well:

No licence required

You do not need a licence to grade fresh fruits or vegetables, if they are only sold and consumed within your province or territory.

And the biggest thing that stands out, other than the fact that the government misspells the word license, is that this doesn't include fresh fruits and vegetables.

Canada also has this other page called Food recalls and alerts. Here are some of the recent alerts:

upload_2022-8-5_22-3-11.png

I also don't want any of those products. I may not agree with some of the restrictions, but there are two sides to the story.

Now you have made me curious as to the Vortex Cannabis recall...
    Some products within these lots are labelled with an incorrect name and incorrect cannabinoid values, where the THC and total THC labelled values are higher than the actual THC and total THC values.

To date, Vortex Cannabis Inc. has received two complaints related to incorrect product name on the product label of Sour THC Jelly Drops and no complaints related to incorrect name on the label of Mixed Berry Jelly Drops. Health Canada has not received any complaints related to the recalled lot. Neither Health Canada nor Vortex Cannabis Inc. have received any adverse reaction reports for the recalled lot.

btw, you are allowed to grow and eat any of your food in Canada, just can't sell (all of) it.

Counterfeit Covid kits... who does that? lol

Edit: One thing I should add is that I (anecdotally) notice that a lot of these video news groups also want to sell you food, like supply rations for when society breaks down... you know what I mean? ANyhow need to hear both sides of the story, not just what NFTI has declared (which also receive government money to grow that food btw).

2. I have absolutely no idea.
    Okay, but nobody is forcing you to buy that food. It should not be illegal for me to barter with my neighbours, which according to NFTI, it is.

According to these people not allowed to sell their own farm food, the govt. has stated that "the public is only allowed to buy food from producers who have government permission through a government 'permitting' program" what the hell does that mean? What's next, they'll mandate that I can only buy a vehicle from the Chevy dealership? No more private sales? What about the little mom and pop shop down the street. Will I be barred from shopping there in lieu of Amazon or Walmart?

This is the answer to almost everything wrong with our world right now About Us

From their website: "We operate on a 260-acre campus in Hay River, Northwest Territories. We provide immersive farm training to people committed to improving local food systems.

Our vision is to be a holistic farm and educational centre to genuinely empower people to transform their lives. We support a vibrant regenerative landscape while building productive local farms and thriving, healthy communities."

This is literally the solution to almost everything, world peace. If people grew their own food and everyone learned how to support community instead of burning it down, we'd be a happy, productive species. They do not want this. They do not want people unifying for a greater cause.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'm suspecting there is more to this story than we know. What did I uncover in the few minutes of research?
    That they did not apply for a permit. Why not? What's the big deal? Are they avoiding paying taxes?
    What was the agreement for receiving the $400,000 grant?
    Were they just selling vegetables? They are allowed to do that, and if they are being barred, then they can sue.
    In fact:
    upload_2022-8-6_2-21-47.png
    looks like plenty of people are still selling food in the NWT...

I'm very curious to following the details of this story once they come out. But remember, sometimes there are other contributing factors.
    upload_2022-8-6_1-59-29.png
    like making money. This is a snap I took from a recent video. I saved it just for this thread.

There's big money getting a crowd worked up and getting subs, and getting lots of hits and sales. Doesn't Alex Jones also sell these food supplies?

I just watched another nice video, maybe you will be able to relate to it like I did (linked - just click the pic).
    upload_2022-8-6_2-1-22.png

But don't get me wrong. I do think there is a lot of danger from hidden forces. For example, I am very much against forced Covid vaccinations. I am very much for the UN Declaration of Human Rights. I don't like anyone's rights being ignored, and I don't think this is about starving out farmers, but I could be wrong... I don't like seeing monopolists like Bill Gates buying up farm land, but someone sold out to him.

Do I think cutting fertilizer usage will cure NO2 emissions? I don't think it will matter much... world can cut hydrocarbon and nitrogen use, yet they demand deforestration of the rainforests to produce methane based fuels (!)

You know, there's another product that helps farmers a lot, and I don't hear them bitch much about it... its called Glyphosate aka Roundup. And the patented GMOs that are used in conjunction with it. What's up with that? Wasn't that getting banned? idk.

Beyond all of it, I do suggest getting ready for a bad economy, which includes growing your own food, and if possible, finding a good energy source. If you figure that out, no one will be starving. Either that, or you'll get suicided.

Walmart destroyed those years ago. Corporations and lobbying groups are a massive problem. I've always said outsourcing (of anything) was a bad idea.

4. They want you to starve. I don't know how else or what else to tell you.

All of this shit that is simultaneously occurring at the exact same time is not a coincidence. The over 100+ documented (and counting) food processing plants being blown up, the skyrocketing inflation making groceries unaffordable, and now the attacks on farmers everywhere. Did you know the Netherlands is the 2nd largest produce distributor in the world?? They play a big fucking part in feeding a large portion of the world. And now they're being shut down, now people can die of starvation instead of climate change. And what do you think that's going to do to OUR food supplies???

If you haven't watched this yet, I'd highly recommend doing so. This is not a conspiracy, things are about to get really fucking bad

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. You must be right, especially if Jordan Botox Peterson says so.
    I now understand that the Government GAVE $400,000 to NFTI to teach others how to grow food because they plan to starve everyone; I'll bet NFTI was suppose to give that food away.

I took my compact diesel (1.9L) to fill up at the gas station yesterday and to get some propane. While the guy filled my propane tanks, I attentively noticed that nearly each vehicle getting filled up was an SUV being driven by a single passenger. There were no compact vehicles save for mine. Reminded me of JT who just took his 57th jet ride this year (idk, just made that up). He's a hypocrite, but how many others are as well?

Again, I don't think they are trying to starve anyone but are working towards an agenda of reducing carbon and nitrous oxide emissions.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just relax. Enjoy the warm bath.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. #27 Jsaunders, Aug 8, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    If fresh foods aren’t available this will mean more and more processed foods which we all know is junk and bad for you… but if it’s cheap or only thing available people will eat that bs. Shit look at America - the fattest nation in the world. All processed sugars and crap

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I don’t think they are specifically trying to kill people, but are totally willing to let a shitload of people die to meet their goals.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. or to meet PROFIT goals

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I don't think you understand. The measures they are imposing are going to cause people to increase their CO2 emissions, thus making the planet a whole lot unhealthier. Look at what people in Germany are doing, they're spending their summer days chopping down trees to heat themselves in anticipation of a very difficult winter ahead. Trees act as a buffer for greenhouse gas emissions because they scrub the air of CO2 and release oxygen. Now we're taking that buffer away and we're going to be adding smog to the atmosphere from burning wood. This is going to spike emissions and then guess what? They're going to impose MORE restrictions in response to it. And that's just one example, how do you think the Sri Lankan people are going to fare going forward? Not very 'green' I would imagine..

Making things unaffordable and/or unobtainable is going to cause people to overharvest resources from nature, and this in turn is going to create more 'climate destruction.' And like I mentioned, more measures imposed in response to this destruction. It's literally a self fulfilling prophecy.

They're not going to stop at 30% emissions reduction. When food becomes unaffordable for most at a 50% emissions reduction & when they make mention of a 70% reduction maybe then you'll begin to realize what their real intentions are. This is never going to stop, it has nothing to do with 'climate change.' As an aside, how much jet fuel do you think Mr. Trudeau recently used to courier his family off to Costa Rica for vacation?

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1

11. I envision a world similar to that depicted in the movie Total Recall in the not to distant future. all of us "regular people" will become slaves to the machine and every single facet of our lives will be controlled. when we don't comply "they" will cut off whatever it is we need until we get in lock step with "the program" (CBDC, immunizations, eating bugs for protein, social conformity, the ability "to have, own, and possess", The Great Reset, net zero, yada, yada, et al).

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. This in and of itself is one of the funniest statements of our generation.

j

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. All of this is yet more of a reason to grow food (all plants) organically. Theres no reason to rely on any kind of fertilizer. Perhaps “easier” in the short term but definitely more of a hassle in the long term. With minimal maintenance organic gardens take care of themselves, they negate The constant need of pesticides and fungicides and grow healthier food.

my opinion at least.

j

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. I agree for small plots of land, but we're talking about entire countries. When it's all added up the land coverage is enormous. Canada has proposed this regulation and we have farmland about the size of Texas. If America was to follow suit, your farm area is 5x the size of Texas. I just don't see how it's feasible or practical at this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. I only see that happening if both sides of the governments (left and right) were to implement that.

The good thing about our democracies is when things get pushed too far one way or the other we vote those idiots out so the new idiots can change things. If the new idiots maintained that type of tyranny then we're really fucked.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. A huge % of the population including myself believe that our votes do NOT count. Or that they only count in the sense that it gives the opposition an idea of how many fake votes they need to manufacture in order to fix the election. Too many examples to list them all. Just recently an Arizona election was called for a candidate that got like 60% of the vote. Until the very next morning when they announced that it was actually the OTHER candidate that got 60% of the vote. Hehe, sorry, my bad.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeah, I can understand that. Fortunately we dont' have to worry about that kind of stuff up here. If you saw how rudimentary and simplistic our voting system is you'd either laugh or be in envy. :confused_2: Paper ballots and only one position to vote for. Just put an X beside the idiot you like. :laughing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. And tallies are witnessed by impartial 3rd parties. Our elections system is still pretty rigged though, the GTA decides the election for the rest of the country for the most part...they have way too many ridings regardless of population density.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. We do have to worry about that stuff up here. Don't underestimate the lengths the mainstream media will go to prop up our communist PM. They played a bigger part in the 2015 campaign to get him elected than he could EVER hope to accomplish by himself. People didn't vote him in, they voted Harper out. Big difference. And that was mostly because of the media running easy to remember hashtags and slogans like #ABC - Anyone But Conservative!!

I take it you're not a liberal (hopefully), but do you really think Poilievre isn't one of them? I think Trump's one of them too, and in fact, I don't think we've ever had honest, righteous men in office since the year 1776.

• Like Like x 3

20. What are your thoughts on Leslyn Lewis? Or Baber?