The Good Life Thread

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by TXbudLover, Nov 11, 2012.

1. As the title says. What do you Blades and Bladies think is living a good life. The things you do daily that you feels contributes to a quality life
    For me settling down and getting married for one. I have been endlessly happy since my wife came into the picture. Also fitness, I live to workout. Eating healthy, I feel physically and mentally better when I eat healthy. How about you all. What is the good life?

Sent from the Green Green Garden of Eden

2. Oh yes, and can't forget smoking the great plant! WEED!
    I also like to spend as much time as possible in nature enjoying nature.

3. Running to clear my head (preferably early morning or late nights)
    Riding my bike to the gym
    Swimming even though it sucks
    Playing competitive sports
    Reading
    Cooking
    Socializing
    Listening to music
    Partaking in leisurely activities
    Yoga
    Being an honest person

4. Next month i'm going to be a dad for the first time. Last night I was sitting with my wife, discussing potential names. We chose not to find out the gender, so we're throwing ideas out, covering both bases, laughing at each others choices and not really coming to any real conclusion.

Then it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm sitting here with the person I love the most in this world, discussing names for our child. I'm not a rich man, i've got no reason to see myself as anything special, but nobody in the world was happier or more content with life than I was right there on that couch. I wouldn't have traded places with anybody.

5. [quote name='"KillerKush"']Running to clear my head (preferably early morning or late nights)
    Riding my bike to the gym
    Swimming even though it sucks
    Playing competitive sports
    Reading
    Cooking
    Socializing
    Listening to music
    Partaking in leisurely activities
    Yoga
    Being an honest person[/quote]

That's awesome bro. Looks like you have a good plan. Stress is the biggest killer, and people's drive for material things seems to drive stress up. Good to see you have a more healthy lifestyle choice.
    I also love fitness and to workout. I am a personal trainer. But I don't like to run. Wish I did. Lol

6. [quote name='"Xspizx"']Next month i'm going to be a dad for the first time. Last night I was sitting with my wife, discussing potential names. We chose not to find out the gender, so we're throwing ideas out, covering both bases, laughing at each others choices and not really coming to any real conclusion.

Then it just hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm sitting here with the person I love the most in this world, discussing names for our child. I'm not a rich man, i've got no reason to see myself as anything special, but nobody in the world was happier or more content with life than I was right there on that couch. I wouldn't have traded places with anybody.[/quote]

Congrats on the first child. My wife and I are trying right now. I wish you all the luck in the world.
    And you are a rich man, you have something that many never find and that is that very special person in their life. And another gift, that child. You are rich with blessings and love. I am halfway there with the wife. I can't wait for my kid. Good luck with that bro.

7. Thank you for the positivity man I appreciate it.

I have everything I need for the next while; I gave up on that senseless pursuit.

I always had mad respect for most personal trainers for the amount of people they interact with that lack any fiber of common sense.

8. Absolutely bro. I think simple life is a good life. For me at least.
    The toughest thing about personal training is people think its am on again off again thing and they don't hold themselves accountable on what cramp they eat. But I love positively affecting people's lives. Every interaction with me is positive, and I love that.

9. That was really beautiful, thank you!

And for you as well, I wish you and yours nothing but the best this life has to offer.

10. Good, whole foods. Nothing processed, no grains.

Exercising daily. If at least one part of your body isn't burning everyday from lactic acid, you're not doing it right

Meditation. Helps me get ready for my day; helps me focus before a fight; and helps me wind down at the end of the night

Being outside for a couple hours/day. Nothing beats it.

Good books, good weed, and good friends. Nothing else matters :smoke:

11. [quote name='"Xspizx"']

That was really beautiful, thank you!

And for you as well, I wish you and yours nothing but the best this life has to offer.[/quote]

Thanks Bro.

12. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']Good, whole foods. Nothing processed, no grains.

Exercising daily. If at least one part of your body isn't burning everyday from lactic acid, you're not doing it right

Meditation. Helps me get ready for my day; helps me focus before a fight; and helps me wind down at the end of the night

Being outside for a couple hours/day. Nothing beats it.

Good books, good weed, and good friends. Nothing else matters :smoke:[/quote]

I see accept for the fight we have a lot in common. I guess your an MMA fighter? Paleo eater? That's my nutrition plan as well accept I do eat dairy.

13. Yup. Amateur MMA fighter (11 years of Brazilian jiu-jitsu) and huge paleo proponent. Only dairy I eat is butter from grass-fed cows, and whey protein though.

14. Wow. I drink Organic milk and eat Greek yogurt and cheese. Other than that I am pretty strict to it.

15. Eating healthy
    Exercising daily
    Enjoying a beer at the end of the day
    Writing (Just got accepted into the BFA program at my university whoop whoop)
    Drawing/Painting
    My photography
    MUSICMUSICMUSIC

And of course enjoying some herb.

16. [quote name='"CaptainCCC"']Eating healthy
    Exercising daily
    Enjoying a beer at the end of the day
    Writing (Just got accepted into the BFA program at my university whoop whoop)
    Drawing/Painting
    My photography
    MUSICMUSICMUSIC

And of course enjoying some herb.[/quote]

That's awesome captain. Congrats!

We all have our way of expressing ourself. Yours is artistic. That's great! Good luck.

17. Thanks brotha! I'm pretty excited. I know exactly what you mean when you say you're mentally and physically better when you eat healthy. Last weekend I got lazy and went through a drive through (hadn't had fast food in months before that). Let me tell you, that was a very shitty day. Felt terrible, passed out right after I ate it, and woke up sweating. I was like wtf burger king? haha :smoking:

18. Yea food and rest are so important. When I eat bad I don't function near as well as when I do. I think recreation is also important. If you don't get to do what you love, doing what you have to do is so much worse.

19. Congrats man! My little girl just turned 6 months a few days ago(our first child), it's been a really great experience!

My mom works as a cake decorator and she's had a few customers come in and give her a sealed envelope that has the ultrasound results in it. The couples never looked at them, and told her to put blue icing inside the cake if it was a boy, pink for a girl. At the baby shower, they cut the cake and everyone found out at the same time.

Sounded like a pretty cool idea, but me and my girl had to find out!

20. Maintaining a healthy weight, listening and exploring the worlds of music, enjoying the occasional video game, keeping up with my stoner buddies (AKA my best buddies, hehe), thinking about life, enjoying the herb, and staying mellow.

To me, that's the good life; not too serious but not too lazy, either. I am quasi-nihilistic and just enjoy going with the flow of everything, not getting stressed out too much about my existence.