The Glass Bastard's Collection Thread

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Glass Bastard, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Next up in the collection I wanted to post up pics of some form of Tree perc in function. I was really leaning towards putting the Toro 7/13 up, got pics of it and milk vids ready and everything, and honestly I just wasnt satisfied. Everybody see's Toro's on here everyday, and mine's no different. I own three Toro pieces, a Toro 7/13, a Circ-circ, and a Circ A/C. Everyone here on GC sees em all the time, and Toro gets plenty of love. So instead, I scrapped that in place of some new shots I just took of another HBG of mine. HBG is a company out of Santa Rosa Cali that does alot of scientific glass, and some dabbling into heady glass as well. They're nowhere near as exposed as some other name brands out there, however the quality of work, as well as the uniqueness of some models, really lends credence to their name. They honestly don't get as much attention as they should so I'll be posting pictures of a few of their tubes I own next.

2. First up, a Tree perc to Tree perc like the Toro 7/13, yet an entirely different beast all together. The HGB Upline 15/15. The thing is monstrously huge at about 24" tall, from 75mmx65mmx75mmx51mm width, everything about this thing screams overkill. Yet amazingly enough it hits cleaner and tastier than my Toro 7/13. Little splashguard in the middle of the tube ensures you never have to worry about adjusting the top percs water level.
    [​IMG]
    Despite its monstrously huge size the beast clears as quickly as any other tube I own, and shows no signs of drag of meaningless resistance whatsoever. Completely free-flowing and effortless hit. The 15 arm on the bottom is called their "Upline" model, because its a stemless tube that flows directly upwards through the water through the middle stem of the tree, but it sucks water through at the same time to achieve impressive amounts of diffusion. Taste on this pipe is superb.
    [​IMG]
    The top 15arm perc.
    [​IMG]
    and of course milk shots.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Fantastic glass man. Keep this thread rollin!

4. #64 Glass Bastard, Apr 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2012
    Managed to score another sweet SALT slide today, so I'll have pics of that up later too. I'm actually having a little get together at my place in Btown for 420 with a bunch of friends and I'm going to be getting alot of the tubes out for the occassion, so I should have some family pics of around 30-40 of my tubes in one spot coming up soon :smoke:

5. your collection is insane! +rep

edit... i cant rep you again yet lol

6. agreed w/ everyone, AWESOME collection!
    nice to see u reppin some local cali glass as well :smoking:

7. 30-40 freeeeking tubes!

holy shit

8. Not getting any love because hes leaving all of the blades speachless. Nice collection dude

9. Wow awesome thread! That Illadelph combo has to be my favorite looking piece ever

10. ommfg I soooo fucking hate scientific glass cleaning night...I do it once every two weeks and clean all the pipes I've used the past couple weeks, and if you've seen my collection thread you know I've been posting alot of the HBG's lately...well the downside to using alot of big as fucking pipes is you have to clean alot of big as fucking pipes...:sigh: Oh well no worries. I promise this is nowhere near the extent of my collection though :smoke: I still gotta post all the SG's, medicali, PHX, Hitman, Mobius, and Leisure glass as well. Particularly all the heady glass too. I promise Heady glass cleaning night is way worse (and only once every couple months...)
    [​IMG]

11. Bottom left worked inline a/c! Love the looks of that thing.

12. second that^^ great collection man I love your HBG stuff they're underrated pieces for sure.

13. Very nice collection.

14. Alright before I post up the next scientific here comes more heady slides.
    First up one of my older ones, another Robin Hood slide. A slightly earlier work ala 2010.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Next up, Curse glass. It may not be the most functional slide I own, but when I saw the little sidecar bubbler attached to the front I couldn't resist...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Last but not least, the Trikky.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Next up in the HBG lineup, the Upline Showerhead to 10 arm. This sucker is one of the more awkward pipes I own, most definitely. It has a very awkward chug, almost feeling like it fights against you. Of course that makes sense considering the freakish amount of water used in the tube itself. Despite its monstrous size at 24" tall (most HBG's are on the much larger size, yet hit surprisingly as cleanly as most smaller tubes), ironically I prefer this tube for errl rather than flowers. I know that seems ridiculous of such a huge pipe, but taste is preserved remarkably well in trade-off for a little harsher, less diffused, sharper hit.
    [​IMG]
    If you've read my posts you already know how I feel about tree-percs, so no need to post pics of it. But here's the Upline Showerhead part of the equation. As I said freakish amounts of water needed.
    [​IMG]
    However despite the amount of water needed, most is thankfully not needed. Large amounts of water are only necessary to create the seal to allow the upline to flow upwards and outward through the Showerhead.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And of course the milkshot. While it may be hard to see in the picture, the Showerhead itself has a little flare upwards in the middle of it, allowing a little pocket of smoke to form before its pulled outwards through the slits. That little pocket is what allows the smoke to be pulled through all the slits instead of just a few in the front.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So there she be. I'm workin on getting more heady slides and milk vids going too but I'm a little busy these days.

18. Are you a redditor? I found the same devil ducky slide on reddit, thought it would be you? Lol Photo Album - Imgur

19. Lmao hell naw. Ryno only does those types of slides. Theyre on aylt now

20. That and the pic there is of a ryno oil dome. Mines a slide lol