Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the "girlfriend wont let me" thread

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Highway2peace, Feb 26, 2011.

1. so ive been dating this girl since october and im absoloutly in love with her but only a few weeks ago shes been telling me to quit. ive only smoked twice since and i really dont like my life without weed. its depressing and im on bipolar medications that make me lose feelings/emotions. due to this weed brings back my emotions and is really good for me to take to open my mind. but my girlfriend (who has depression) pretty much has a deal with me where if i dont smoke weed she wont do any self harm. ive tried getting her to smoke but she has her life against it

anyway i was wondering if anyone could help me with how to convince her on how to let me smoke again. id like to hear stories of how some other fellow-stoners have overcome this.

2. but why is she so against it? honestly alot of people are against things they dont understand

3. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc5OZVvD4Jo]YouTube - Is Wayne Brady gonna have to choke a bitch?[/ame]

4. tell her what you just told us. if she cant except the fact that you feel you need to smoke cannabis to have the quality of life you want well who is she to think that way anyways

5. Explain to her how it makes your life better. If she doesn't like you smoking don't smoke around her. Tell her you are a responsible adult and you won't be stupid about it. If she really loves you and wants you to be happy she will accept that you smoke.

6. I'm sorry for not being very articulate and I mean no offense, from a neutral view it sounds like you need to evaluate your life and see where you want to be and how to get there feasibly. As for your relationship, if you are not happy now, do you see yourself being happy later on down the road?

7. My best friend is currently in this situation. Ive been smoking with him since the beginning and now he's tempted to stop for this girl. Obviously I hate to see him go, but if he really likes the girl, which he does, then I guess I'll just have to back him up.
    Shame really. I just wish people were more tolerant.

8. Not a seasoned toekrs thread...

and generally speaking...

if you have been smoking for long,,, you wouldn't need the permission of your partners to get high....

just...sayin :smoke:

9. Let her cut herself not on you its her decision to be a cunt.

10. It has nothing to do with how long you have been smoking, it has to do with who you meet.

Just try to explain to her that you are capable of using it in a responsible way (as long as that is the case)

11. Oh, and the whole "don't smoke weed or I'll hurt myself" thing? Totally, totally fucked up and wrong.

12. if you enjoy weed then dont stop tell her you love her and always will, but you also love this other girl named mary jane :smoke:

13. My gf tried to make me quit, I had been smoking for many years. My deal with her is that I wont be high around her, and that she will have to live with me getting high if she wants to be with me. Don't change yourself because someone else hasn't seen the light.

14. You really need to get rid of this chick, man. She's trouble.

15. yep for real, the whole "deal"she wants to make with him putting off bud is a big ""drama" alarm in itself.

16. show her the other side of marijuana.. not just the negatives shes obviously got pounded into her head.
    if she loves you, she'll learn to accept you for who you are. if you need marijuana to have a quality life, then smoke by all means. dont change for anyone... what happens when people do this is, down the road, they end up resenting the person that made them change. you'll read this and say "No way i love her so much" right now.. but it happens.

if i was you, id do my absolute best to sit her down and educate her, try some documentaries like the union... dont talk down to her at all about it.. just try to get her to level with you. if she learns enough about it, hell, she might even want to try it.

If shes threatening you with hurting herself when you smoke.. you guys need to talk.. dont stand for that, and dont let her use that as a bargaining chip. thats one of the most unhealthy things ive heard, relationship wise.
    and if none of this works, you will be better off without each other.

17. sounds like you changed yourself. arnt you with her pretty often?? so wont u not be high quite often??

if my girl said i cant smoke..

id say;

later, im gona go smoke.

18. Woah, woah, woah,

Do i understand this correctly? You two have some sort of ultimatum going that puts her health on the line? She won't harm herself if you don't smoke!? WHAT THE FUCK DUDE, the relationship you're in is NOT healthy, and you both, (but mainly she) need treatment for your disorders.

19. Quoted for Emphasis!

Dude you took the words right out of my mouth.