The Girl Who Silenced The World

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by SniperKitty, May 26, 2013.

1. #21 Anonimo, May 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013

It was removed from the ground not from the planet. The question was what happens when the planet runs out of gas, not where is it going :smoke:

2. We have plently of alternatives to oil, but we don't use them because we're stuck in our ways. Most diesel engines could convert to bio fuels tomorrow if we wanted, but it's not happening... perhaps when we've drilled the last oil on this planet we'll move on to more sane methods :D

3. The real reason why weed was demonized :smoke:

We are definitely not "stuck in our ways" we are forced into this position.

And perhaps you can explain why you quote me but never actually address what you are quoting?

Haha, absolutely!!

I have no idea why the quote thing isn't working properly. It's probably the new forum :)

5. Feel the pain in ya head?.....NO, IT"LL COME!   ..lol!

6. I was not talking about the quotes not working. That might have more to do with noscript than GC.

I was asking about your reluctance to address what you are quoting this being a prime example :smoke:

7. You do understand that the reason they have no resources is because we take them? Or our corporations force them into a social way of life to forces them to be in poverty. It's our fault it's like this, so no we don't need to give them water and food, we need to change the way we run the country, forcing many to live in extreme poverty so that the first nations can have the raw materials needed for our lifestyles is not the way we can keep surviving on this planet. There is more than enough resources for all of us if managed properly, the powers that be just choose to keep people in poverty, it's not anything that they did, the natives lived just fine before we came and moved them from their lands, forced them to mono crop farm, polluted their rivers, destroy resources and forests for big ag, and made illegal the capture of rainwater. We forced the native peoples into this life, it's not about giving them anything, it's about stopping ourselves from keeping these people in extreme poverty so we can have the resources for the next Iphone. We wouldn't be giving them anything we didn't already take away, we would be fixing the extreme problems we created. That's like saying you shouldn't give a dog food because the dog needs to figure out how to get to the bag that you locked in a closet, they can't fix their poverty if we keep forcing countries deeper into it.

I realize the Americans don't know anything about pollution, but ask a person who does and you'll be certain to hear about stinging noses from the air pollution and burning skin from contaminated water. You obviously don't believe me, but it's a real thing.

I thought I was addressing what you wrote? :(

9. First I stated that it is quite possible that the petrol serves a function as a fuel source for the planet from where it was removed. Your responses has absolutely nothing to do with what I was saying despite your over eagerness to respond.

I can never tell if someone is playing or they really are that oblivious :smoke:

You speculate what will happen when we remove the rest of the oil from the earth and I tell you that it will never disappear, because the earth is a cycle that never ends. There may be less, but we will never remove all the oil. You give a purely speculatory question and give a vague answer because nobody knows for sure? What's so wrong with that?

11. Your answers are not even related to what I have said in addition to being vague. I also never suggested that we would remove all the oil.

My question is simple what is the purpose of petrol deep within the planet.

Also if you don't know how to answer you shouldn't :smoke:

You wrote exactly "What will happen to the planet when it needs that fuel that we have removed?". Then you write "I also never suggested that we would remove all the oil". That's vague my friend, I'll not deal with your thoughts. Have your internet glory.

Sorry for blasting the thread in another direction SniperKitty.

13. It's hard to find people who have actual respect for the Earth. We have this beautiful planet, most of which hasn't been discovered yet, and its being ruined, beaten, polluted, killed. Too many words I could use. Animals are dying fiercely, species are being eradicated. All the while people continue to just consume and consume.

To me it doesn't matter how much anyone tries to convince others who are already set in their ways, the only way people will change and help heal our home is if something major happens(except for the young ones being taught to do good) Don't ask me what, cause I couldn't tell you. But it would have to be something that would make us drastically change our way of life.

14. You try so hard to dismiss the question.

Never asked about alternatives

Not even close.

Wrong again I speculate what will happen when the planet needs what we have taken from it and used it for our own greed.

If you look up I never mentioned all the oil that one is all you, The puddles we leave behind are a far cry from what was removed.

I am growing rather tired of your quibbling. Like I said if you can't or won't answer a question why can't you just ignore it?

Also I fail to see how caring about the planet is blasting the thread in another direction :smoke:

15. Change will be forced on us. Something major will happen, it is inevitable. The question is will we embrace the change and choose the direction we are headed, or will the majority remain ignorant until change is forced on us in the most unpleasant way. It's all about when humanity chooses to wake up I guess, but something major is going to happen there is no getting around it, I just hope it's our choice but that really relies on people waking up to the fact that we are not immune to nature. 

16. This thread delivered  :smoke:

17. You are the one picking at nits and then you say piepgras is quibbling.  I would argue inconsequential details like you are doing when I was a tweaker.  I agree with Sniperkitty's final assessment, and I say we humans don't have it in us to give up our comforts simply because it will make a major difference in 50 years, or even if it would end civilization in 200.  It will all come out as it is destined to come out so enjoy your life while you can.  Future generations will make the best of whatever they inherit. All those generations before us didn't have cars, refrigerators and washing machines so those in the future can make it without them too.  So for now, enjoy your ice tea.

What nits have I picked?

I only want him to either answer the question I posted or ignore me. I just don't get why he feels the need to quote me yet doesn't even try to answer my question. Like yourself :smoke:

You are comparing dogs to humans.  Do I even need to continue on with this topic?

I hate to break it to you but America is less of a first world country and more of a shitty second world one.  Violence, corruption tons of gun problems, etc.  Its not a great place to live IMO.

You seem to be very adamant about this subject but you just speak in broad generalizations. Examples;
    " we need to change the way we run the country, forcing many to live in extreme poverty so that the first nations can have the raw materials needed for our lifestyles is not the way we can keep surviving on this planet." 
    Who are we forcing into extremem poverty, and how?

"There is more than enough resources for all of us if managed properly, the powers that be just choose to keep people in poverty,"

What resources are there enough for all of us? And how do we manage them properly, and what in the fuck are "the powers that be"... rofl.

"We wouldn't be giving them anything we didn't already take away, we would be fixing the extreme problems we created."

Again, who is "them"? you have not once identified a subject matter this entire post.  What extreme problems have "we" created? Again, who are "we"? are you an american? an irishman? who?

Sorry man, but you are speaking with the background info of a seventh grader.  You have some ideas floating around that you heard here and there, but so far, you have shown absolutely 0 proof that you have any information on the topics you are so desperately grasping at. 

20. Usually people get into trouble when they start getting specific :smoke: