The germans cured AIDS ! (it's a start)

Discussion in 'General' started by somerandomdude, Nov 26, 2008.

1. http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122602394113507555.html

So does this make up for Hitler ?

The doctor transferred a certain and rare type of bone marrow, the virus has actually been beaten, meaning it is not present in the body anymore.
    Though this first patient has been 100%, it would be hard to reproduce but is definitely a good headstart (i mean after all he's cured ;) ).
    For more detail read article.

Im gleaming patriotism now :p

2. cool. i didn't quite get it, but sure. you know if this cures aids and hiv, mmj will be rendered prertty much useless.

3. :eek: what have we done !!!!!!!

4. Hmmm...medical marijuana vs curing a disease killing millions of people...

That's a hard choice:rolleyes:

5. No..it just means we will have to change our arguement..

plently of other illnesses that can benifit from mmj

6. The title of this thread is very misleading...certainly isn't a cure.

Good read though, glad to see the AIDs movement going in a positive direction.

7. What connection is there to HIV and Medical pot ? Most medical pot goes to arthritis and pain victims doesnt it ? Glucoma (spellings wrong i know ) in the eyes , those peeps get it.
    People stressed and nerve problems..dont think theres a huge connection with HIV

8. Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Those, along with ALS and Chron's are top four reasons we HAVE mmj. Take away two, and we are left with only two solid arguements.

At least this method will cost a LOT! Because when medicine becomes too expensive, people have a tendancy to go herbal... lol

9. Lol at the Hitler thing, although Hitler was born in Austria.

I think it sounds promising. But the article said the gene mutation was resistant to 'most' strains of HIV. Either way I wouldn't use this an an excuse to go around having sex with everyone and anyone.

And about the medical marijuana thing, we all know there are plenty of other ailments which medical marijuana can treat, or cure. So I doubt it's going away even if AIDS is 100% curable.

A good sign of progress.

10. I've read about this, they don't know for sure it's cured. That's the thing about aids, it's a silent killer. It can lay dormant in the body for years and you can test negative and then die a month later. They have no proof at all that he is cured of anything. People being tested for aids and coming up negative after they have been tested positive is nothing new, it's been happening for years.

I've also read that it is a very unrealistic cure if he even has been cured. Because only about 1% of the people in the world have that bone marrow mutation. So you would have about a .2% chance of finding somebody with the mutation and your blood type. Making this extremely expensive and not realistic.

11. There's other cures as well.