The George Bush I like!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NoHzee, Sep 20, 2010.

1. What happened to this man?
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9SOVzMV2bc&feature=related"]YouTube - The George Bush You Forgot[/ame]

2. i think he had the possibility to actually be a good president, it just seems that an outside force influenced him.

3. They all seem decent till they actually get elected

4. I think on one hand it shows the complete apathy a great portion of bush's electorate have towards basic intellectual values - such as sticking to one's word/holding people who lie actually accountable when they make decision that put our troops at risk and cause thousands of deaths.

5. hell yeah, obama and all his change speeches seemed great until he got elected and we all realized it was all one big lie.

6. What, specifically, did he lie about? And not "in your opinion" either. Show your work. I'm looking for dates, places, events that are recorded as having taken place.

What caused you from going to thinking he was great to calling him a total liar in less than 2 years? What actual instances of dishonesty upset you to this extent?

7. Good healthcare reform?

[​IMG]

8. Obama said that the healthcare bill did not contain provisions for illegal aliens to get free healthcare. As it turns out, it does. He also said that if you make less than $250,000 a year, your taxes won't go up a dime. Later he admitted that this was not true. He's also spent a great deal of effort attempting to get the "Cap n' Trade" bill passed, which would most certainly raise the cost of living for every person in the country. Obama preached during his campaign about politicians appealing to corporations, but he's under their desk as much as any I've ever seen. Want more? I can type up more for you later if you want. :cool:

9. I want more but first I want citations for what you've posted so far.

10. Are you happy with the job our current president is doing so far?

If yes.. maybe some examples and links and so forth? :)

is this country better off than it was 2 years ago?
    is it on a "better path?"

11. You haven't read the health care bill? :rolleyes:

12. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MRykTpw1RQ"]YouTube - Bill Hicks on Presidential Agendas[/ame]

13. Here's a short list: The Obameter: Promises Broken

He's flipped on a few things over his career, such as FISA and marijuana.

Other than that, the biggest lie was his campaign slogan of "Change", of which we've gotten none.

14. I don't even know why the hell we even argue this particular point anymore. As it turns out, you don't even need heathcare reform for illegal aliens to get free healthcare. They're not exactly paying for the free healthcare they receive today, and I don't see that shit changing in the future. :rolleyes:

15. I sincerely hope you're joking, because for about two years, all I heard was about how Obama was a departure from Bush era politics and foreign policy, and as it turns out Obama is WORSE than Bush on domestic and foreign policy. Obama vowed to end the 'era of abuses' of the Bush administration, things like abusing Presidential signing statements, executive orders that circumvent the Constitution, warrantless wiretapping, etc., all of which turned out to be lies! My friend, you need to read some Glenn Greenwald, or really, anyone that's pointing out Obama's lies. Sitting there and comparing him to Bush is laughable, because while Bush was bad, Obama is undoubtedly worse.

16. Dude, I'm responding to a video about Bush... I didn't even mention Obama.

17. Yes, but you're singling out the 'Bush electorate', making the implication that only the 'Bush electorate' is like that.

18. I wasn't aware that when making a statement about one thing, I had to make sure to bring up something of another subject entirely in order to not single out the subject I'm talking about. It sounds like you just have a bone to pick with Obama, and I'm not getting into that.