The General forum

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by AK74, Apr 29, 2010.

1. I dislike when i have something to post that should go in a different forum, but itll be one of those forums that only has like 10-20 viewers at a time so you know you're hardly gonna get any feedback. makes you wanna post it in the general section.

itd be great if you could post anything in general, even if there's already another forum for it, because people rarely go to those other ones. you know, like the artists corner, the politics one, the legalization, mmj, tv, sports, humor, etc.......i mean what if you have a funny joke? you dont wanna post in in the jokes section because theres only like 13 people there. so you post it in general, and it gets deleted.

or, for instance, the general feedback area where you can post about ideas or just how you feel about the forums. but theres only 4 people there....

2. I've thought about this for quite some time also. I never found a solution so I never brought it to the attention of the higher ups.

3. Believe me, it's very frustrating for staff as well.

The answer is pretty self evident, it's to post in the correct forums and traffic will follow. If I remember right, the members were the ones asking for the dedicated forums and using the General forum as a catch all for threads of all topics is defeating the purpose.

And you know I got to do it...Thread moved to Feedback forum. ;)

4. haha well anyway i dont really see the less populated forums getting more populated anytime soon. but w/e its all good. i just wish i was here to vote against all those tiny separate forums :mad: lol

5. This is where people need to use the ' New Posts ' button instead of just staying in said sections.

The new post button will bring up all the latest threads with new posts. I click it all the time and it's a brilliant feature.

6. thats what i do :confused_2:

7. He's right and we still have members asking for more specific forums. Post where you should and if your post is worth it, people will follow.

If you only spend time in one or two forums, you're not experiencing the community of Grasscity. You're limiting yourself to a specific group of people and specific topics. The New Posts function helps you experience all of the City not just certain parts of it. So, mat is right on the money with that one. :)

YOU ROCK!!! Anyone who uses the New Posts function rocks!!! :metal:

:D

8. i never knew about that new post function before. and that rocking smiley rocks

9. Is there any way to edit the title of a thread I started? Changes in my system made my title wrong and I just would like to change it from 1000W to 1432W. Thanks for all of your help

10. New Posts button ftw. Always a good option unless I'm looking to discuss something very specific, which I rarely am.

11. You should be able to just click on Edit and then Go Advanced and change the thread title. If for some reason that doesn't work, you're welcome to PM a mod or supermod with a link to the thread and what you want the title to be, and we can change it for you. :wave:

12. Thanks for the tip, I usually just jump around 5 or 6 forums. I should explore more sometimes, indeed a useful feature

13. I spam the New Posts link all day at work :) Oh right... work.