The Gaza Freedom Flotilla 2 thread...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SmokinP, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Actually the PLO has the exact same rhetoric and self-declared endgames as Hamas. The difference is that the PLO has figured out how to portray themselves otherwise in front of the foreign press. But if you will look at their track record, especially that of Yassir Arafat, a different conclusion arises than the cheap, bastardized narrative coming from OP.

2. What I',m trying to say is that regardless if Israel loosens the restriction, Hamas is still in power....and Hamas readily accepts weaponry from Iran and Hezbollah. They don't distribute the majority of the aid to its people as well. Not much will change in Gaza unless there is a revolt (it may even turn into what syria is facing right now, with the murdering of it's people). Just face it, most Middle Eastern countries have very little freedoms.

I'm in the middle in regards of Israel's actions in Gaza. For one, Israel has the right to defend itself from any provocations coming from Gaza. But I also don't agree with the west bank expansions, as does anyone here.

3. #83 TheAtmansPath, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    Oh so its a war? officially? fantastic, we can write off the "terrorist attacks" as operations, and civilian deaths as "colateral damage" like israel does. The commandos had been firing before the boarding, so idk how that works out. I actually don't remember the UAE guy, sorry man, repost if u got it handy. I like how u ignored the content of the mesage save the part about israel wiping gaza off the map which, if they went all out could have been done, but really its a slower process. you ignored the statements i made
    "I like how after the mavi marmara insident, they released doctored footage and audio, arrested the survivors, and said they had found weapons and then pointed to wrenches and piping. So the message that sends is 'no no we just dont want weapons to get in, and anything that could possibly be used as a weapon, like piping and building tools, is not allowed, cuz there weapons. look how kind we are to the Gazans yay'"
    and instead talked about me and how my posts arent true without refuting. again.
    edit: for clarification, the thing about colateral damage was to illustrate a point, not me showing support for the taking of a human life.

4. Israeli Human Rights Org's Express Support For Flotilla - IMEMC News)

5. #85 dudedude4, Jul 10, 2011

Sir, you are getting a little desperate for things to dispute when you try to dispute the definition of war. Another difference your brain seems to be impervious to, is that Palestinians do not ever attack Military targets, they attack civillian targets on purpose, a war crime. Israel's collateral damage happens because Hamas hides behind women and children, hospitals and schools. It's really a pity that this sick, inhuman PR tactic of theirs works so well on you.

this is incorrect, and its incorrectness is widely recognized. If you think it is, prove it - though I assume this will be hard for you, as there is absolutely no evidence that Israel fired before boarding. Good luck with that one.

Search button is 2 inches away from this text, or next time pay attention to the answer when you ask a question :)

I ignored this because it is a hyperbolic distortion of reality. Try getting the shit beat out of you with a steel pipe and tell me that's not a weapon. And for your information (boy do you need it, too) Israel did not imply those were weapons going to hamas. They implied those were the weapons used to beat the Israeli commandos to a pulp before they pulled out their sidearms in self defense. The reason I am ignoring your falsehoods is because presumably you can't back them up, or perhaps you would have already if you could. Feel free to prove me wrong.

The point was mute as i said. Hamas declares war on Israel and Jews on a daily basis. It really would help you understand the situation if you try harder to keep up, or at least to check with reality before you present false opinions as facts with such conviction.

6. Jewish Voice for Peace Rabbinical Council Statement of Support for the Gaza Freedom Flotilla | Jewish Voice for Peace

7. Newsflash... there isn't really a flotilla anymore. Fail.

8. #88 SmokinP, Jul 10, 2011
    Newsflash

The Flotilla's will never stop...;)
    Every day the support for the innocents of Gaza grows and grows...

Peace and Love to you my dear dude...[​IMG]

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bznLR3-kCtU]YouTube - ‪Did you know? Gaza‬‏[/ame]
    itISapartheid.org

10. #90 dudedude4, Jul 10, 2011
    Hm, i guess India is apartheid then. Cause their little jihadi neighbors are waging war and india defends itself. Oh, and they're separate and all, never mind that they are two distinct national bodies. Derp. Not to mention every Arab muslim country in regards to its minorities. Let's not forget that the first time an Arab found himself the right to vote, ever, was in Israel.

11. #91 TheAtmansPath, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2011
    I was not disputing the definition of war my friend. military targets: Hamas: kidnapped Israeli soldier still alive - Times Online
    Hamas mortar fire targets Israeli military bases
    Hamas official: Israeli settlers are a legitimate military target - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

also, Israel uses human shields too, and knocks down buildings that they claim fired rockets at them even though its surrounded by taller buildings and would be unable to do so, for one example. human shields: Israel's human shields draw fire | World news | The Guardian
    "The method is the same each time," says Israel's most prominent human rights group, B'Tselem. "Soldiers pick a civilian at random and force him to do dangerous tasks that put their lives at risk."
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXq57XK2L0A]YouTube - Israeli using Palestinian Kids as Human Shields ‏[/ame]

incorrect, eh? eyewitness testimony: Israelis opened fire before boarding Gaza flotilla, say released activists | World news | guardian.co.uk
    some more news of the scawwy activists: Israel attacks Gaza aid fleet - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
    fake footage: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQRWl_DUrGA]YouTube - Exposed Mavi Marmara sister ship used for IDF Videos ‏[/ame]
    wellllll i think i covered everything.
    and a note on their lovely democracy: Israel set to vote on controversial law outlawing boycotts - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

:)

12. #92 dudedude4, Jul 11, 2011
    let's see you compare how many times the palestinians targeted a military target to how many times they aimed for civilians. Shame on you, you don't understand the simplest of distinctions. Israel had bad apples in the IDF for sure, but you ignore the broad-daylight difference, it is hamas's functional policy, the staple of its efforts, to attack civilians in israel unprovoked, whereas israel by and large commits to surgical strikes exploited by hamas, which do it SO MUCH MORE than israel, that it makes your post here look about as ignorant as it gets. To deny this is to deny reality: you care more about being right than about intellectual integrity. Especially with that boycotts vote thing. Keyword: vote. Cheap shot, cheap argument, about summarizes the fruits of your efforts here.

And thank you for those oh-so-unbiased youtube vids on the flotilla. I make sure to get my facts from youtube too :rolleyes:

13. Ahh, you were the one who said the palestinians "do not ever" attack military targets and implied the only reason the IDF does bad shit is because hamas, which i proved wrong. That was the simple goal of the post, and also i displayed evidence of foul play on Israels part about the mavi marmara.
    i do not deny hamas fucks things up for its people, nor do i deny the IDF's brutality. rather, it appears that you are not so balenced, and thus i focus more on the side opposed to you when we converse. Again you spend roughly 30% of the post attacking my post, making you look weak. yes, news videos dont count if theyre off youtube, aka internet vids.:rolleyes: keywords: "fighting free speech that goes against the governments policies." i thought even you would shy from protecting this move of israel, but it seems your bias runs deeper than before if you support this action, which evidently you do.

14. #94 dudedude4, Jul 11, 2011
    frankly in the grand scheme of our conversations the trend was the opposite of what you suggest. reality is your friend, it's time to learn how to accept that Israel is not the demon you seem to wish it was so that you can indulge in this blind, self righteous condemnation which goes against the facts on the ground. I never said hamas NEVER fires at military targets, I stated the fact, that it is not their policy overall, as their actions clearly show. It's called perspective, and you could use some. Unfortunately you are too concerned with trying to win a shouting match that is only present in your own head.

And i did not protect anything, contrary to your delusional perception. I pointed out that your insinuation that this new bill to be voted on negates israel's status in any way as a democracy, is a cheap shot and hyperbole and its finest. But alas, people like you, hoppers of the israel-at-fault-no-matter-what bandwagon, are not so concerned with facts, are you.

15. #95 TheAtmansPath, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I do not think Israel is a demon, I'd like to visit some day. I do not condemn them in their entirety. the fact that it is voted on by Knesset is fine, though in a democracy, free speech is key. and that is where it undermines there democracy. I'm sure you don't believe that every vote in congress represents the people, and free/fair democracy? you assign me many labels that i have already denied and assign positions that I have previously said I do not support. time and time again, you rip me to shreds with insults while appearing flustered and immature. "hoppers of the israel-at-fault-no-matter-what bandwagon", really? I stated in my previous post that I DO blame hamas for fucking things up, though not in entirety. I don't see how that is imbalenced. You type a lot of words for something holding so little substance

16. Exactly, you don't see it. Go back and read your posts and my responses to them.

17. #97 J-DILLA, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrSOs92qDFE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‫[/ame]

Gazan's will still suffer at the hands of Islam and Hamas regardless of Israel.

Just a little video for the Israel haters. (Dont use any of these products since they come from big bad Israel)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saeky9I5T9c&feature=related[/ame]

Shevet (an **evil** non-profit Israeli organization that focuses on saving the lives of middle eastern children)

18. Not a fan of Beck, but I really do wish some of you would go through with the big talk and boycott all zionist goods. Byebye laptops, bye bye medicine, bye bye cell phones. Till then it's just hypocrisy, but then again hypocrisy is the central tenet of blindly blaming Israel for everything.

19. I'd be willing to bet not one of the anti-Israeli hypocrites would be able to go a day without using an Israeli invention lol.

One thing is to call out Israel and how it's a cancer, while you're on your windows laptop using your cellphone and wearing a heart stent to save your life...

It makes me unable to take Israel haters seriously.

20. #100 SmokinP, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011
    Israeli inventions paid for by the US taxpayers ???

They should get them for free...

Without the US to support, finance and protect Israel it would be the same as all its neighbours...
    Broke...

And people wonder why some Israelis have a reputation for rubbing people up the wrong way with their arrogance and heightened since of importance ???