The Gateway Drug

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by jizzledfreq, Feb 2, 2017.

1. I don't think weed is a gateway into using a plethora of other drugs, rather, it is the gateway into another aspect of ourselves.

We all remember that first time, it completely blew our fucking minds apart, forever changing our perspectives into the world, our senses attuned to each and every detail around us each time we get high.

When I meditate during the peak of a high I feel like I go so deep, I'll have CEV's that are interesting to look at, I've almost had OOBE's while high, I experience sensations that I otherwise wouldn't experience as intensely if I was sober. Maybe meditation is the key which opens up this gateway.

In my spiritual practices I feel like I've come so far, only to hit a brick wall, me unable to continue. I smoke weed and it's like a gateway opens up, allowing me to step through into the other world.

What is the other world? You enter into it unknowingly when you fall asleep every night, those uncontrolable dreams. Sometimes we can lucid dream and control our dreams, other times we can have out of body experiences. What are the possibilities if we can consciously enter this realm?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thought provoking. I'm going to have to ponder on this.

3. weed is definitely not a gateway drug, but i do believe if you let yourself consume the power of being high over being smart, you're going to want something better than weed.

4. Maybe you should actually read the OP before replying. This post wasn't about marijuana being a gateway into using hard drugs and drug addiction, I even said that in the very first line!

Rather I was implying that it's called a "Gateway" drug because it is a gateway into another reality, a gateway from the physical to the subtle/nonphysical. THC and getting high being the key that unlocks that gateway, meditation allowing us to pass through.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I agree that weed is an excellent meditation tool. But the possibilities would be that we would wake up to Trump's nightmarica and face the reality of being nuked at any moment. Whatever we do in our sleep will not affect the outside world.

6. yeah sorry im mot sure what the OP is and where to read it i just got this yesterday still dunno what im doing ‍♀️

7. Original poster.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I like to think that these non physical energies are the key to manifesting through the law of attraction. Instead of falling asleep conciously while ones subconcious runs wild and dreams up all sorts of scenarios, we have to find a way to physically be asleep while we enter into this realm fully concious, which is easier said than done. While we can't undo Trump's presidency, we can have various positive life changes happen for us once we can learn to use this energy.

I've managed a few times to become awake conciously in a date, but it's a lot more difficult to control that state. It's kind of cool one it happens though.

9. no such thing as a gateway drug if you cant stop yourself thats your fault unless you are mentally retarded seeing meth heads on documentaries saying weed is the gateway drug well if that was true everyone who tried weed would be addicted to hard drugs

10. PLEASE READ THE OP BEFORE REPLYING... For the 2nd time...

11. I think weed is gateway for sure.

I was sober til end of high school, and avoided all other drugs and alcohol.

Once I gave in and smoked bud, I tried other things.

Now, I just stick to weed (mostly), but have seen others start out with weed and try other popular drugs.

12. @grasscoty, I think you're the only one who read my OP :laughing: thank you for being the only one to understand what I meant by "gateway". This thread is quickly becoming disappointing by the amount of people who can't even read the very first line in which I specifically stated:

13. lmao...I think everyone is confusing OP's usage of the word "gateway"

For the way that the OP is using "gateway", yes I believe that it is a gateway drug and what's so amazing about it is the varying experiences, stories and "gateways" that you can have from person to person, strain to strain, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. It's a gateway drug because of the illegal aspect of it and statistically because of the users being more inclined to other illegal things because they already done one.

By making weed legal, the gateway aspect fades away.

15. I think weed is a gateway drug for future junkies chasing the high. They start soft with weed and then move on to harder drugs and I'm sure theres a plethora of people on here who have done exactly this. I don't think it's a gateway drug for most people though, just those who started out knowing they want to escape through drugs.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Everyone man... everyone but you and grasscoty...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Missed the point of the thread, yeah I have had some very powerful meditation sessions with the help of weed and once I managed to get an out of body experience but I haven't had the patience to try again recently.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Grasscity Forum mobile app