Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Future of Pot

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gemonies, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Just wanted to hear some opinions. It seems like federal legalization is inevitable, and I imagine that with that will come a pretty quick and intense culture shift. Do you guys think that we will still be rolling joints by hand in the near future? What about the distant future? If so, why? And if not, then what will rise as the predominant method of consumption? Just something I think about a lot; rolling is a cornerstone of weed culture, but legalization and the commercialization of the industry will probably make it largely unnecessary, from my perspective. Would love to hear some thoughts!

2. Personally, I think federal legalisation isn't all that close for you guys - but that's just my take and unrelated to the overall question.

I think that legal status doesn't appear to have effected technology...though they do say it's held medecine development back - that, hopefully, would change.
    As for rolling our own joints, well there's already rolling machines of varying type and quality out anyway.
    There's smokeless machines/methods, blunt wraps in every flavour, commercial edibles, food/butter preparation machines, cook books, tinctures, extracts and dab rigs, and a huge amount of other paraphernalia out there designed around ease of use and rich experience in cannabis use.
    To be honest I think if anything...markets would become inundated with cheap shitty knock-offs and low quality products when businesses that have never had anything to do with marijuana, think they can jump on board and cash in *if* things go completely legal.
    Predominant method of consumption? I'm sure that'll be pretty much the same...I mean sure some new thing might come along, but that could happen anyway...it keeps happening anyway. I think the only thing on the rise for consumption are safer methods like vapourising, I see this as being the same regardless of legal status though.

3. Doubt large scale cannabis will be around in 20 years. People will be more concerned with potable water and food. Shit's bout to get real stoners...