The Future Of Our World

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr.Fox, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Thats really fucked up. Anyone notice that it kinda looked like mars? Maybe thats what happened there...

2. I don't know man...

We can't even predict the weather accurately.

Either way though, cool slideshow... I like that last paragraph.

3. This was very awe inspiring.

Here to hope for our future generations. :bongin:

4. I know right?

who are we to say what happens in the future. Anything is possible and anything can happen in just the next 5 seconds. We dont even know everything about our own planet and suddenly people can predict what the universe may be like in billions and billions of years?
    Human race could vanish from existence right now. Or jesus could come back to bring the good people up to heaven lol. I personally find it easier to just go with the flow cause us humans really dont know what the fuck is going on

5. This is all very true; i just posted this as i found it entertaining and figured some other blades might as well.

6. Yeah I've studied this a little, but like other's said. anythings possible. remember we once thought the earth was flat and that the sun orbited around us.

but that last paragraph at the end is so real.

7. This brought up so many q's in my mind, first being: HOW DO THEY KNOW THIS?

It's so interesting that they say the continents will form a supercontinent like it once used to....I wonder how Earth's people would populate then.

Also, I'd so wanna be there to see that amazing Andromeda across the sky.

Relocating in 3.4 billion years? If we survived, I wonder where we'd go....

So, does this means that every Sun/Star grows larger and larger until it may destroy life around nearby planets...?

Also, this video makes it seem more and more like WE are just an accident...

@chronik-judge- I think I read somewhere that Mars is like 100,000 years or millions of years or some number IN THE FUTURE OF us and whatever and Venus is IN THE PAST of us...maybe I can find it somehwere, because then what you said makes sense?

8. but what about 2012 ?

9. I think you mean the uniplanetary evolution theory?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veXRCX-8PEg]YouTube - The Uniplanetary Evolution Theory[/ame]

10. I suspect that if we live for 3 billion more years by then we'll invent a way to leave earth and search for a new home.

11. The way I understand it, Earth is just an "egg". The purpose of human life on Earth is to build our understanding of the universe and eventually leave this dying planet, inhabiting other suitable worlds. The question is, that if we advance ourselves and technology, could the human race continue to exist until the end of time as we know it?​

12. I just wish there were someway I could be around when all this shit happens, I wanna live on another planet or on a huge space ship! It's cool to think about these kinda things, but also annoying because I'll be looong gone before all of the interesting shit starts to happen.

13. woahhh i have that bookmarked on my sidebar thing, but i haven't watched it yet lol, i must have gotten this off gc too haha

14. This makes me sad. Knowing I won't be alive to see another galaxy in my night time sky. Knowing I won't be alive to see all these breakthroughs leaving earth being able to set down on a new planet. Really got me thinking. Things like When we're all one giant land mass will we only have one leader? Or very many leaders all over the Landmass. How would war be? Since we would be all connected One war would affect the entire world.

15. I don't actually believe anything in the video, but i do think it's interesting to hear theories like that.

16. That's all wrong....

Sun is slowly dying. Within a billion years, sun would be gone.

17. makes earth seem like an island of dry death