Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The future of lighters

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rileyscool101, May 12, 2013.

1. Tired of those low tech lighters that always run out of fluid? Tired of that nasty butane after taste? Well, I have a possible solution, lasers.

After doing some research (watching youtube), I decided to see if I could build a laser sufficient enough to ignite weed, while also being somewhat handheld, and I have a come up with a working proof of concept. It's not pretty, but it definitely works. Immediately after turning it on the weed is profusely smoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLerkyp4oUs

I'm going to give it a host soon. Anyways, because it runs on batteries, you'll never unexpectedly run out of fluid again. And best of all, no terrible butane taste.

Unfortunately, the FDA doesn't seem to like class IV lasers being in the hands of amateurs, so don't count on being able to go out to the store to buy a laser lighter any time soon. Still, it's a cool idea. Who knows, maybe one day we'll see portable laser vaporizers.

2. That looks cool as fuck

3. ohh my god wtf my mind is being blown into fucks

this is truly amazing.

4. Laser lighters are already available and on the market, my friend! They are expensive and somewhat dangerous because the light can also burn retinas!...But yep, they are the shiz!

5. #6 rileyscool101, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013
    FYI I would never recommend buying a laser from the internet. Most of them come from out of country and 9/10 times customs will sieze them. Also, there is no way to verify power so most of them are way under what they say they are. If you're looking to do something like this, do research and build your own.

300$ for their 1w 445... haha this thing cost me 50$.. Wicked laser is also notorious for their terrible customer service

6. too bad this thread is about lasers.

7. inconvenient and still requires a lighter to light

8. SOLD!!

Where/When do I order??

And the only reason I even knew they were out there was from an ad I saw in one of our local (Seattle) weed magazines...Culture...April issue. But I couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a laser to light bowls...PLUS, before I ever use a laser or do another solar hit, I'm going to invest in some welder's specs or something....because that light will burn the shit out of your eyes after staring at it to get the weed lit. I saw dots in front of my eyes for hours after that!

9. #11 rileyscool101, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013

I cannot stress the importance of safety glasses, even the reflection of this beam hitting your bowl can temporarily blind you, and permanently fuck up your vision. I don't know the rules on advertising but if you're seriously interested I'd suggest going to laserpointerforums.com A whole community of laser enthusiasts, everything you'll ever need to know about anything laser related.. The, "I want to build a laser", Thread - Laser Pointers << start there

Once you know what you need, ebay is your friend.