The Future Of Internet Radio Is In Jeopardy!

Discussion in 'General' started by WL-Jeff, May 16, 2007.

1. **attn: grasscity staff: i understand this is not marijuana related, and there is a music forum here, but i feel this would reach more people in the genral talk, and we are very limited on time to take action, this has been under the radar, and we all are just not finding out, please, as a loyal member of GC, and a conserned musician (i use internet radio to get our band heard) i ask you allow this thread to stay here, and possibly sticky to the top. thank you**

The Copyright Royalty Board in Washington, DC has more than tripled the royalty rates for web casters and if left unchanged they will *KILL* the future of Internet radio!

April 26th, 2007, the "Internet Radio Equality Act " House Resolution # 2060 was introduced in Congress. This bill would overturn the CRB's decision and require rates to be re-set at a lower rate.

Let your voice be heard & help push it through Congress.
    http://www.savenetradio.org/

please! please! please!!! my fellow blades, make your voice be heard. without our support, streaming internet radio will be a thing of the past. even those small talk stations that do not play music are getting screwed into these new prices. small stations (15 slots) cost around $1,000 a year to run. not every station makes money, alot are out of pocket, if the price goes up, all stations go down.. lets not let this happen!

Don't Let Internet Radio be Scilenced!

Long Live Streaming Music! ​

2. anyone care? this could be it for all of online radio

3. That is messed up, i dont usually listen to internet radio, but i can see how it would really help out a band, good luck with this.

4. *bump*

People need to know about this! In our world of advancing technology, internet radio is THE future of radio. I don't know about the rest of you but I listen to hours of internet radio a day (SomaFM rocks!). It would be a shame to see the death of it.

5. glad to see a new face on GC putting his first post to something positive.

people, this is no joke, im sure not everyone listens to streaming radio, but you need to protect your media options. not everything in todays world is based on what you get from CNN. internet radio is a great source for global news, you can hear the real shit thats going on and not just what big brother wants you to hear.

somaFM is great radio too there Tharian, i listen to a bunch of different stations based on my mood at the time. everyone of them will be gone unless we make ourselves heard.

sadly, too many people are all talk, and no action, and only say they support this but never make a move towards doing so. we are limited on time and there is not going to be a second chance. we either show support to protect our internet stations, or watch them become a thing of the past.

false support is the same reason marijuana is still illegal. too many people pretend to support a cause, but not alot of them make their voice heard.

all you have to rememebr is there is power and voice, in numbers.

6. which is my point exactly. "good luck with this" you support internet radio, but not willing to help protect it. you think your one phone call asking for the support of internet radio wont effect the outcome. well when a million people say that same thing.. if those million people just picked up their phones, that would be 1million more times more they would have to hear our voice.

damn shame.