The Future Is Gonna Be AWESOME!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Chicagos Finest, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Yeah im just sorta tryin to think of all the technological, cultural, and social changes that will occur.
    Im pretty sure our world will be INCREDIBLY interconnected by means of the internet...that shit will be everywhere, affecting everything we do at all times. Ohh and the weed will be fucking dank.:smoking:

What kind of shit do you think is gonna go down in the future??

2. I don't know but there's gotta be more great ways of tokin. Maybe there will be a way to smoke pure THC. I don't know if that would work but it's the future anything could happen.

3. Our corruption is leading to 2012 catastrophe / Fifth dimension enlightenment.
    Look up the topic and especially about the 5th dimension, its pretty interesting stuff..that's what I'm looking forward to!

4. Agh, no just no... :(

5. Dude stop being ignorent parallel universe fifth demensions is the future. Look up Micho Kaku the madern albert einstien.

It's simple physics man

6. honestly? what the future holds...

it's an exciting prospect.. but also a terrifying one.

think about how our society is progressing. GC is a great example... not that i dont fall victim to it--
    but society is digressing from physical contact and progressing toward less personal means of contact. we're all on here... and yeah.. we're discussing interesting topics, and interacting with eachother.

but not the way we're meant to.

and every technological advance that allows us to be lazier... is considered an ingenious idea.

usually i wouldn't refer to a children's movie .. especially pertaining to a subject like this.. but have you guys ever seen Wall-E? that movie actually harnesses a lot of truths, imo.

7. I believe many people ignore the actuality of modern life.
    We are conditioned and told to believe in certain ideas and structures that seem normal. In fact, the food we eat is orchestrating the medical business; in other words, all of these artificial ingredients and cooking food (see the Milliard Reaction) is the cause of 95% of all diseases and cancers in the US. The government makes profit out of our sicknesses.
    All of these "poisoned" foods are making us "poisoned" and possibly inflicts us with depression and anxiety (which is partly true because those are symptoms of acidic/alkaline imbalance, worsened by processed foods)

Our once alive planet is now DEAD. Our society refers to modern life living in the "real world"...but its just we are conditioned in school when our teachers tell us to prepare for this "real" world. It's really the "fake world", because we made it up and covered up the nature that made up Earth. We have done only damage to our environment, and then we write articles on "The mystery of the dying polar bears", and wonder why they're disappearing.

We are misusing science and technology. We are spitting out so much hate it's not even funny. And I'm talking about the world as a whole, because I personally like life at the moment, but we collectively are doing a terrible job at maintaining a healthy planet and society. But I love marijuana, so I think I will smoke a bowl and not give a shit :smoking:

8. That will never happen. I'm pretty sure that we all have lives outside of GC and it's the same way with any other social network. There's always gonna be some people that have little to no human contact but it will never get to the point where it's like Wall-e.

9. ^ lol, when i brought Wall-E into my post.. i wasn't suggesting that's how we're going to end up.
    i'm just suggesting that it's an exaggerated example of my thoughts on the future.

apologies for not clarifying.

10. It depends on how long you're talking about. I'd say the next 50 years or so will get progressively better technology-wise, but global politics will become extremely hostile. I wouldn't be shocked if in 100 years we were missing a good amount of countries and a large amount of the population.

A small part of the remaining population will become dependent on technology to protect them and provide for them, and the rest will all be scavenging the remains of the world.

11. He said the future not the present. Haha jk

12. We'll never live to see any of the really cool shit.

13. #15 k_semler, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010

Since when does string theory / membrane theory qualify as "simple" by any means? :confused:

These aspects of theoretical physics is on the verge of mankind's knowledge, and it is still very much in its infancy as far as actual research goes. (see the Large Haldron Collider). Yes, I agree that Michio Kaku is the man, but I still understand very little behind M theory. I sort of understand the concepts of it, but the mathematics is beyond my skill set. All I got up to in HS was Trigonometry. (I took physics as well). So let's see, I took Algebra I, Algebra II, Trig, and Physics. I didn't take PreCalc because I thought I would bomb that class, so I didn't bother with it.

Oh, and the 2012 worry is full of shit.

NASA - 2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won't End?

14. The near future probably wont be too different from where we're at right now.

The distant future will be both great and terrible at the same time.

Take every good thing we have and multiply that by a thousand i.e. music, technology, luxury, etc.; that will be even better.

Take all the bad aspects of reality and also multiply that by a thousand i.e. crime, murderers, rapists, junkies, etc.; that will be a lot worse.

But I'm looking forward to seeing what it turns out to be. And I'm also looking forward to the zombie apocalypse that's bound to happen.:devious:

15. What the bloody hell is all this talk about the 5th dimension in the future?

I don't see any evidence pointing towards us being shifted into a parallel universe; sounds like another conspiracy theory to me.:rolleyes:

16. #18 k_semler, Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2010
    Yep. Using Pseudo-scientific "data" to journey into the mystical. It's rather old news. They've been doing it since the 1st century when Astrology, (NOT Astronomy or Cosmology), was created around the assumption that the geocentric model was the correct model of the universe. Using scientific terminology to sway the audience to your bullshit hypothesis is nothing new.

Nut jobs have been doing it for thousands of years, and I expect it to continue for thousands of more years. Fortunately, we do not live in the middle ages any longer, and free inquiry is no longer punishable by death, (regardless how much the nut-jobs from all walks and faiths would like it to be). Spanish Inquisition, The Crusades, mass suicides, genocides, and Jihad anybody?

Don't fall for the "spiritual dimension" bullshit. Do your own research, and be prepared to back it up with facts before proposing some assassin hypothesis for the world to cross examine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_GQqUg6Ts"]YouTube- Imagining the Tenth Dimension - Rob Bryanton [FULL CLIP].flv[/ame]

17. My take on the future- Enjoy the ride down.

Take me to town in your reply about how I'm this or that. I think we are going downhill, with the pace picking up every decade or so. I'll elaborate later as it is 5:07 am and I have school at 8 which I should be sleeping for. Expect a rant/preach.

18. its scary to think about this.
    ive had multiple encounters with extraterrestials since i was about 15or 16.
    now i can barely sleep at night and have terrible paranoia D:
    lol it sucks when your in the bathroom taking a dump with the window open at 1am. and your hearing rustling outside, and and right as you look at the window, you see this 3 or 4 fingered hand reach up at the window sill. i was scared shitless D: xD