The Friend Zone™

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Chaohinon, May 12, 2007.

1. I = a nice, although incredibly awkward guy who wants nothing more than an honest relationship. My now ex-girlfriend = a girl with...a history, to say the least. I protected her, I gave her whatever she wanted/needed (not to the point of being completely submissive, mind you), I made her laugh, I displayed concern when I noticed she was in a bad mood, I did everything I could to show her parents that I'm respectable and trustworthy (despite the fact that they were cool right off the bat, I wanted to be sure it was honest)....and now suddenly I'm not 'boyfriend material'.

Go fucking figure.

3 guesses what sort of personality the next guy in her life exudes. God damnit.

2. Been in similar circumstances.

That girl went on to peruse a string of dominant, abusive men and probably doesn't realize it.

Nice guys finish last.

3. Nice girls finish last too, because I don't wear a padded bra with a low cut shirt I'm not attractive to most guys, even though, I'm smart, nice, funny and other things.

Life's a bitch dude :(

4. fuck first place, second, third. the right girl/guy that will respect you treat you right in every way wont be the ones playing the "game."

nice guys/gals will find thier match.

5. I'm gettin' cynical.

6. aw, im sorry. its not that bad looking at it with some values attached.

though, i do agree at some point, alot of people think that way.

7. Women love men who treat them like shit, the older I get the more sure I am.

8. Life's a Blunt, Roll with it.

"If you dont need me,
    then I dont need you on my mind.
    If you dont want me,
    then I dont want you on my dime."

9. I would agree with you.

10. You sound like a stand up guy, but I'll just remind you of what you already know, sadly, it will be of little comfort but it's still true none-the-less. The world is filled with people and life is too short to worry about pursuing someone that has no interest in you.

See what I mean? I told you these words were going of little comfort but they are true anyway. Personally, I've never really had a problem attracting women because of my looks and height but what I've learned from bitter experience is that you don't want a woman based of her appearance or some other superficial trait you see in them or they see in you. As time goes on people always reveal their true faces and sometimes those faces are ugly ones. If you can find a person that you can talk to, confide in, love and laugh with you have the ingredients for something lasting. If given the choice I'd go with someone that wants me for being the person that I am nice or not because that person will hold your hand firmly through life's ups and downs.

I wish you well in your search.

"The more connections you and your lover make, not just between your bodies, but between your minds, your hearts, and your souls, the more you will strengthen the fabric of your relationship, and the more real moments you will experience together."

~Barbara De Angelis~

Uh bro, no one wants to be treated like shit, that's utterly ridiculous. Men and women routinely fool themselves into thinking they see something desirable or deeper in someone they're physically attracted to, but when the truth of their character surfaces so do the cold hard fucking facts of life.

Too bad many people aren't taught to look deeper than the surface in a prospective partner.

Stay green.

11. I was 26 when I found my wife (30 now) It takes a long time to wade throu the bull shit bro head up and all that

12. the good men and good women should form a coalition of people that will never actually hook up with one another:hello:

13. I agree with AK wholeheartedly.

14. Could the opposite be true as well?

15. Sure the opposite could be true but is it the law of the land? Nope. If it were nice guys wouldn't finish last or feel that competition with a "bad boy" will tip against their favor. Sometimes the people that look deeper are those that are forced to for one reason or another, or maybe they have really good parents that have instilled in them the virtues of the inner man, either way it isn't the norm.

When a man knows the odds are stacked against him he can either adapt to the situation or become a victim of it. Each and every one of us falls pray to vanity the only real difference is the degree to which we succumb. Fuck, it ain't pretty but it's not supposed to be yo.

"Vanity is so secure in the heart of man that everyone wants to be admired: even I who write this, and you who read this."

~Blaise Pascal~

Uh huh...

16. i was a nice guy, then i figured this all out and i listened to tom likas in so cal, and cause of him i get so much punani. you can still be nice just dont be a pushover and make sure you get your way more than the girl. most girls are looking to be subordinate in the relationship anyways. thats just tradition, like it or not.

17. Hmmmmm... What a sexist revelation, and from the relationship guru Tom Leykis? Women are looking for partners, men are just too arrogant to see that sometimes. And the only thing that's traditional about treating someone who's your equal like a subordinate are the effects of such abuse. A "nice guy" would have some love and respect for women, ya know?

18. maybe subordinate was the wrong word, but in all relationships there never exists an equiliberium of authority, and you cannot argue that it traditional for the man to have the same or less authority in a relationship than a women. Now, obviously there are exceptions to the rule, like my parents. My mom pretty much controls everything. Maybe that's why I grew up being a puss around women.
    Relationship experiences are going to be different from person to person, AK infinity, but I am not going to lie, I've had more success with women asserting some form of authority over then than by trying to be an equal partner with them. It doesn't mean that I treat women badly and it doesn't mean that I do not value partnerships and relationships, but if the stereotype of a women were not looking to be dominated in relatonships, nice guys wouldnt finish last. maybe the women i hang around now are just weak, or maybe this is just how shit is

19. Actually I'm still waiting for that little girl's Disney fantasy that my Knight in shining armor will come, too bad he's lost right now and is too stubborn to ask for directions.

I don't want a boyfriend that will treat me like shit, I get treated like shit by most people, almost every day of the year, when I decide to go out and find a new bf I want a guy that's gunna love me with every fiber of his being.

20. "Equilibrium of authority," what's that exactly? Only a man thinks about who's in control while women adapt around a man's ego. Bro, you're probably a good guy it's just that your words indicate a lack of respect that's more subtle. Stereotypes contain a portion of truth but it's a matter of finding out what it means. I don't think that anyone is looking to be dominated I think it's more that some people are looking to be in control. Men and women compliment each other perfectly to form a balance not a dictatorship.

In the end if all you have to offer is a desire to dominate others to get chicks, really good fucking luck keeping them.

"In the coldest February, as in every other month in every other year, the best thing to hold on to in this world is each other."

~Linda Ellerbee~

[AK weary from his long work day sits back and roasts a bowl.]