the french DON'T OWE SHIT to americans

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Finn, Apr 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. he made a lucky guess......

2. i knew that already, i dont gettit. whats your point told?

hey, bigbud and gravy... its comon knowledge. known by pretty much anyone who get\'s their news from a wide variety of sources.

3. i know... im messing around...... most of your points are valid and true.... but i live in this country and have to defend it for that reason......

4. hmmm.i guess thats the defining philosophy that makes us take different stand points.

if shit was going on in my country and someone pointed it out, i\'d be like \"yeah? i\'ll look into that.\" or \"i know, it\'s a fucker.\" and would want to do something about it.

where as someone sez that to you, and you imediately take the defensive.

what i mean is, just because i live here doesnt mean i have to believe all that is good and deny all that is horrid.

5. yupp..... thats what i was trying to get at.... you just put it better with a lil more panache....

:)

6. you see that why everything has been going to shit for you, half the world hates your country for it\'s exploitation of them, more people have access to t.v.\'s than clean food or water.... yet they see everyone here waste it and live it up, their jealous.... but you can\'t blame them, we don\'t give them a chance or if we do we exploit them... that is why america is going bankrupt , because of your low economy our area has a job oom never seen since 1960.... and all because people believ in Canada for staying nutral, we send peacekeepers to afganistan warzones without guns, we need german protection for our troops, And i believe very few should own firearms

7. did somebody say pinoche?

8. pinochio......doesn\'t he grow donkey ears?

9. Arrow u act like America is the only country doing these things. Almost every major power in this world exploits other countries and their people. Why dont u rag on them? IS it because America is so prosperous while other countries cant afford food? I\'m sorry if the country i live in has a high living standard. I know our country isnt perfect and our government isnt perfect but where is there a perfect one? Could u govern ppl more efficiently and justly? I think America has come along way in about 230 or so years. I dont care what u say there can never be a perfect system of governing people. Humans are naturally greedy and are motivated by greed and thats why there is so much exploitation.
    Also Arrow, Russia still didnt win the war, they might have made it to Berlin but it was America who turned the tide and won the whole war. If it wasnt for America the war wouldnt hav ended when it did.

10. there it is again, american winning the war, it\'s plain fact in history, russia did overthrow Berlin... therefore they won the war, you did a great job nuking Japan, by the way, in the 60\'s a plane crashed carying 4 nukes in north carolina, and On one of them 5/6 safety\'s had failed, just a simple switch saved the american\'s from a blast 1800 times more powerful than Hiroshima, that would have killed the whole eastern seaboard and caused the collapse of america, btw, America does ahve a high living standard, but look at California for example.... 38 Billion Deficit alone, total of all states was in the trillion range, another few bad econy years (ahem, corporate tax cuts worth 550 million, which will end up probably in the exec\'s pockets in the end...) will cause the american econmy to falter, leading to a world economy bvreakdown, we will not have any standards of living left, and with only less than 1% of the world\'s water as drinkable, and the U.S. has SO little water left, do the math, atleast you can drink plenty of oil....

11. the reason why they won.... Hello, russia had the whole western front, and the rest of the allies, france, britain, america, canada, australia... etc... all had the eastern flank, with some tiny exceptions of course, and the eastern front was around 150-200 miles away, in that time the war was won metre by metre with blood everywhere, no fancy aerial weapons... would have taken them another 2-3 weeks to get to berlin.... so as you can clearly see... things dont change no matter how you look at it, WW2 started with germany invading |Poland and breaking the versailles treaty... and ended with the Russian capturing Berlin, game strted and done... all the rest were details of how you got there if you think of it.... what, were you guys going to nuke Germany anyways, you would have damaged the surrounding allied countries as bad compared to japan....

12. Why do u act like defeating Germany makes you the winner of world war 2? Russian did have the very long western front and they did a pretty shitty job of defending it until the Russian winters screwed the Nazis. And u keep insisting that Russia won the war, how so? WOW they overtook berlin, man they must of won the war. They wouldn\'t have even made it to berlin if it wasnt for the rest of the allies. After the Russian winters pushed back Germany, they had to take a defensive stance because the allie were winning key battles on the eastern front, and eventually Germany had to defend itself both on the eastern and western front. This gave Russia an opportunity to get revenge for the millions of Russians the Germans killed. Russian wasnt even helpful in defeating the Japanese because they were to weak after Germany. And yes we did do a good job a nuking Japan. Do you even know how many millions of more people would have died if we didn\'t use the A-Bomb? And sorry to burst your bubble, America has been in debt many many many times before and each time we\'ve pulled ourselves out of it and then enjoyed a period of prosperity. America should cut some of its spending down, especially on programs such as welfare because the system is being abused. Arrow you are so narrow minded about America. I do admit this country has many flaws, but so do many other countries. America has done wrong things in the past and present but also many many great things.

13. JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP ALL OF YOU

Smoke a joint, toke on your bowl, have a bong and a blintz - but stop talking about this shit, I\'m sick of hearing it. Why does everyone have to hate different countries, just stop fucking caring.

14. Why does it matter to anyone what happened like 70 years ago!!! Thats my life 3 times over! Stop looking back, look forward ;)

15. we are nothing without history, so I\'m not going to say it\'s pontless to talk about it, what\'s the relevance to this thread though? I mean, I understant how it\'s relevant overall, but what\'s it going to help if that particular question is answered?

16. At last!
    FINALLY, someone with a clue.

I\'ve been sitting back on this one, and reading the comments, just kinda shaking my head as everyone goes through their predictable, bristling defensive modes....

It\'s so very sad, that while we, as a SPECIES, can send rockets into space, harness the power of the atom, even decipher the code of our own DNA.... when it comes to existing in harmony with others of our own kind - we continue to point fingers... ...and raise flags.
    We live in an age of unprecidented technological accomplishment, whith each and every day bringing unheralded advancements in science, medicine and technology yet, we continue to breed hate, suspicion and mistrust amongst ourselves, instilling future generations with values and concepts which, inevitably contradict the brilliant achievments of our finest efforts, transforming benefitial breakthrouhs and discoveries into weapons of mass murder and destruction.

Man, as a species...is fucked.
    We prey heavily upon the old, and the weak of our OWN kind... We shit where we live.
    Anything that we do not understand, we isolate...examine...study...dissect....
    ...and often....kill.
    We are not quick to accept change
    (what we fear, or mistrust, we destroy).
    We seem to derive some sort of twisted satisfaction from inflicting pain on our own....*

....So to sum things up, it\'s not the tarrif\'s or the taxes, it\'s not the embargos or the sanctions...nor is it the codes, regulations, doctrines, decrees....blah..blah...blahhhhh....
    ... that are standing in the way of \"Global Unity\"........

...it\'s the Nature of the Beast.

*(Played any video games lately)?

17. IMO, American culture IS rammed down the throats of the ENTIRE WORLD.

Posted by Mr Smokebigbuds:

\"What do you know about US.\"

Well dude I hafta say: a damn sight more than you know about us, American media has MADE SURE of that. Kids in other countries grow up saluting american flags (not WRONG per say- just... well... WHAT?).

Second: America in WWII- personally I think the russians did most, followed by British and French Resistance and Finally Americans (come on you only got involved in the end because the japs bombed the shit out of pearl harbour and even that was a year late). Someone made the point of the British letting the Japs bomb the harbour because the NEEDED them: ok lets say it\'s world war II all over again, are YOU going to TURN DOWN ANY HELP WHATSOEVER?! Nah you\'d take every little thing.

Third: Western Corps in general fuck over the third world on a regular basis: FACT. Yeah there are a lot of good organisations but let\'s be honnest: In American society today and (this is seen in the force fed media that it oozes into the rest of the world): the feeling is that it\'s the dollar over all.

Fourth: What ever happened in WWII (personally I think the Americans did little) can you use that now? No- reasons:
    Different people, different government, different cause.

By that logic to be honnest the americans owe SHIT LOADS to the British: Isac Newton, who\'s laws were the basis for the derrivation of physics as we know it, Alexander Flemming: Penecillin. Oh and to the French they owe the fact that we know about the languages of Aincient Egypt and the fact that we EVEN KNOW THAT BACTERIA EXIST: Louis Pasteur. So if we wanna play the OWE card, the Americans owe a hell of a lot themselves- your war, don\'t expect every nation on earth to do as YOU want: they\'re not \"traitors\" because IT\'S A DIFFERENT COUNTRY!

To any American who is pissed off with the French for not agreeing with the war: GROW UP YOU FUCKING CHILD YOU GOT IT ANYWAY!

Switch

PS I have no hatred for America, a lot of the people are perfectly nice but I won\'t salute ANY FLAG let alone yours.

18. \"My \"two cents\" (see how I linked that to america- how clever of me)\"

I\'d pay a dollar for that!

:D

peace.

19. you are pretty correct switch in everything except your 2nd arguement about america\'s involvement in ww2. America did a lot before we entered the war. We were supplying most of the arms used by britain when they entered the war because they were still recovering from ww2. The only reason america didn\'t enter the war before the bombing at pearl harbor because there wasnt much public support. President Wilson declared neutraility but really he wanted to get involved. THIS THREAD IS PRETTY POINTLESS but i hate ppl bashing america when there is no country better than it. Every country has its problems and what not. The only reason why America is the way it is right now is because of all the wealth in this country. How else would america\'s influence spread across the globe w/o the money to support it. It cost a lot of money to control satellites and run TV channels.

20. :rolleyes: :eek:
    AAAARGH!

*digit bites tongue to keep quiet*

im not gonna say anymore cause i know i\'ll just get another american saying something really arogant like \"USA is the best country ever\"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.