The Freedom to be Free

Discussion in 'General' started by bigtee212, Feb 20, 2007.

1. this is a trippy ass article i found on some website, took a few times over, but i thought it had a really intreguing point if you can get to the bottom of it, leave some thoughts.

The Freedom to be Free

By A. Freeman Mindez
    <O:p
    We are the first civilization to try and control our people's mind, or maybe to try and control our own minds. I’m not talking about communism, mass conspiracy and speeches of garbage, but we really censor ourselves, only show one image, only allow ourselves to see and believe in the idealized image that we all so hopefully but tragically never can really obtain. We restrict all means of curbing the enthusiasm with which our mind can wander, leaving it stricken to associate only with the deprived images we let it feast on in the media and about.
    The few things older civilizations, and probably even more so, older groups of people did do correctly is acknowledge the great potential for changes and differences in the human mind; spiritual quests, psychedelic drugs and even gods that had such wicked curses upon them as immortality.
    And when dancing on such a subject, it is easy to defend your civilization, so in this case such a counter point would be what we try to call "free mind" groups that embrace differences and raise out the calls that "we are all special" but they are even worse then the sick minds that try to tell us they don’t exist, for it is an obvious clause in any such nature that should we be forced to shout it from a building or reassure ourselves that it is in fact, okay, well by that point the battle has already been thoroughly lost, and to continue a shameful analogy, we are lying beneath the ruble trying not to admit we are dying.
    As soon as the issue is trying to be rectified by those who try to make themselves feel better by putting it on the front of our minds, at that point exactly is when it is no longer possible to accept it as a fact, and that is why we have failed, and until other people, with new and braver capacities come along and restart this epic ride with a new set of "rules", we will forever be tied pathetically down from our own chains to which have no unhinge.

2. Well THAT was pointless AND a crappy essay to boot.

3. lol, dman no one is digging this one like i am. i guess its pretty shitilly done, but for some reason when i was reading it it just got some crazy thoughts circling in my head

4. It seems like the essay is trying to be deep but it totally fails. I can barely decipher the message in it.

5. I feel the same way, but i thought that was just the alcohol coursing through my veins.

6. I thought the EXACT same thing.

7. nope...

I'm sober and this text made noo sense at all

maybe I couldnt reach it

who knows

never touched me tho