The Fourth Dimension

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Pulsewidth, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Watch and discuss

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31WEBwFpULg]The Fourth Dimension - YouTube[/ame]

2. Anyone else watch that?

3. I didn't. Two hours is a lot to ask.

Can we get a tl;dw?

4. What a waste of 2 hours, ha unless i'm missing something.

5. Really goofy shorts. I'd replace the video with a concept and discussion on "the fourth dimension."

6. Well who's got some good information on "the fourth dimension"

7. Definitely not watching a 2 hour video of something that I may or may not be interested in

8. The human mind cannot even comprehend he true nature of dimensions beyond our own.. Not sure what you're going after here OP but you're shaking a stick at a herd of cows here..

9. [quote name='"Pulsewidth"']Watch and discuss

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31WEBwFpULg[/quote]

There is no 4th dimension, nor a third dimension. I don't mean we cans see 3D, we can it's just we can't tell what direction is where - we don't have a a direction in where we can say it's the first dimension (like north or down/up) so we can't say this is the second one or that's the 4th one. It's like taking a jug of water with three cups of water in it. We know there are three cups but which one is the first cup or second or third? Now we an add a cup of oil to that and differentiate the oil from water (oil = time) so now you can see that we have 3 parts that act the same and one which is different. This is basically what we mean by living in a 3 dimensions + 1 time. There are other theories like string theory (9 dimensions) but again you can't really tell what dimension is what.

Now according to som a 4 th dimension is imagined to be trough a world (object) that is flat (here is where math kicks in and logic leaves) now this flat world ___________ would become two dimensional by becoming a quadrilateral. And thre dimensional you'd have a cube. (makes sense till here?) now if you add a 4th dimension you would go trough your first dimension as well as second and third so if you are unlucky enough (or lucky) to be at the point where it intersects you'd have a whole new orientation since you have mathematically "left" the original object.

I hope it makes sense in a way ;). Oh and sorry for long post. Thought I'd make my first one count.

Sent from my iPhone using GC Forum

10. wtf is a dimension?

11. Well I'm sure most of these directors have no idea what the words "Fourth dimension" entail.

I'm pretty sure it isn't meant to be literal. Just 3 different versions of our world. This is kind of why I posted this here instead of the science section.

12. Bummer i cant watch that long of a video on this old cellphone. Are we talking a 4th spatial dimension? My friend and i spend a good chunk of time discussing it and while getting next to nowhere (i believe we may have been stoned...quite possible) we instead tried to imagine if we were forth dimensional. What would it be like, as in your view or vantage point. As 3d creatures we can see a ton of 2dimensions and perceive 3. Imagine seeing 3 and perceiving 4. We figure it might be like outword looking in or even being able to 'see' from within as well. The notion has captivated us quite a lot.

13. You won't be intrigued in that way. There is no real talk about the fourth dimension. The first part of the film though is actually pretty funny.