The fortress has been infiltrated! Man all battle station!

Discussion in 'General' started by Vicious, Mar 12, 2007.

1. No offence man, but you know way to much about a fictional being lol

Actaully, you know there are REAL zombies? Its from a form of Maleria thats only in Cambodia that kills a human, then starts its heart again. The human then begins swinging and kicking its arms and legs violently. I read about it somewhere on MSNBC news a few years ago.

2. You dare denounce us? We wish for brains.

[​IMG]

3. I'm almost 100% sure Rasta would have just said the same thing. I do think about this a lot though... probably too much.

4. No I'm in the same boat as you. Totally obsessed zombie fan. Seen all the movies, read all the books, find myself visiting long-dead (excuse the pun) zombie forums, waiting for news.

Anyways... keeping in mind this is all fictional, and just the stretch of a somewhat disturbed individual's imagination.

These are the problems I see.

Here's the trouble with all that: ammo and weight.

Consider if you A) on the move or B) in a fortified position. Any automatic weapon would do little to no damage to a horde of undead. You need a head shot to kill and those things are notoriously difficult to aim while firing.

Keep in mind that sound attracts them. Even if your in a safe place, all the noise from a submachine gun on full auto will bring lots in from kilometers around. If your in a densely populated area, there could quickly be enough to overcome your barricades.

\t
    My only criticism is the Colt.

I'd be worried about how reliable it is. It requires a decent amount of maintenance and is known to jam. Not to mention that a .45 APC is a little overkill. heavy too, 2.5 lbs.

hell, even a 9mm is overkill, a .22 would suffice in most situations.

Glocks are your friends. Learn to love em.

5. I guess im fucked when the Zombies hit then...

Eh, w/e Ill just become one and sell weed to all them. Waiiiitt then they'll have the Munchies, and you know what that means!

could you imagine 100 zombies with mad munchies comming at you and your their only food lol That'd be some hardcore stuff right there

6. They'd forget what to do halfway towards your shivering carcas.

7. My zombie plan : brass knuckles and a lightweight suit of armor I recently invented. It's zombie-proof. The only downfall is my arm might get tired punching all those zombies to death. So, add to my list : a lifetime supply of crystal meth.

8. I don't know if we're all being as literal as I am or not, but I'll give my 2 cents as an amateur zombie hunter.

Relying on kind of prolonged melee against zombies is fatally flawed, no matter how much strength or stamina you posses.

That is the boon of the undead: they don't get tired, they don't give up, they never stop.

You will reach a point of exhaustion where you can no longer defend yourself and then you'll be torn to peices and devoured in spectacular gore.

conceivably you could moved across rural landscape, dispatching occasional zombies with great success, but even a group of well disciplined survivors would be insane to attempt to dispatch more than a handful of zombies at any one time.

How did this go from cockroaches to Rasta_Man's 101 on Zombie Defense?

9. a bottle of everclear (half everclear and half soda). boxing gloves. and a rifle with a strap to hang on me. Get drunk and start punching the shit out of em

10. Not like you'd kill much, or hurt em. But i can see where your coming from.

I wonder how long the internet would be up. Totse would always be helpful. Especially for making stuff. (Silencers, bombs)

Rasta, I assume you mean M1, as in the something alone the lines of garand? not the tank. Any reason you prefer it over the M14?

11. Well, the only REAL reason I prefer is, is because I've actually shot one before, and because I'm purchasing one in a few months time.

But yeah, to clarify, it'd be the folding-stock carbine.

But really, the whole early-M series is fantastic for zombie extermination.

Reliable, relatively simple to maintain, accurate, semi-automatic and uses conventional, plentiful ammunition.

Not to mention the bayonet availability and the wooden-stock construction (which sure comes in handy for cracking skulls of the undead when you DO run out of bullets)

I'd take it over any automatic, plastic polymer gun any day.

12. My cat brought one to my bed last night. I woke up right before you jumped up and was excited because I thought my cat was wanting to sleep with me. Then I see him go into battle mode and starts pawing at it and throws it around. I got the fuck out of there