the form of god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by mike2885, Nov 17, 2006.

1. ok let me start by saying that i have to write a paper on the form of god so please only inteligent thoughts please

i would like some of your ideas we are all pretty smart here

any information of this topic would be great

now if you belive that all thing have "form" then god would have to have a form but what is that form that form would have to be every thing ever in exstience

can god have form

any input would be great thanks

2. i dont know if anyone can answer that with an intent to be correct. because, who knows, i dont. all we can do is speculate. i imagin god with the body of a lumberjack, red pladde shit, suspenders, stocking cap, lee dungerees, and a sweet pair of luggs. w'ell all witness this in all its glory when he descends from the heavens on a firemans pole just before he blows us all up.

3. which god? zeus, ra, thor, abrahamic?

4. He's not going to blow anyone up, he's going to cleans the earth with fire, not water this time (remember the rainbow thing?) and if you are good, you will not burst in flames.

5. its all the same led, all the same..

6. there is only one ture god
    i dont reallly want any religion

im look to see what people have to say about gods form i would like to realte it the platos and or aristols theory of forms

The Theory of Forms typically refers to Plato's belief that the material world as it seems to us is not the real world, but only a shadow of the real world. All relation as form becomes the basis for discovery of the form, an inference of the ancient Greek schools. The allegory of the cave then becomes the distinction in their inference as objective. Plato spoke of forms (sometimes capitalized in translations: The Forms) in formulating his solution to the problem of universals. A cause to the relation then clearly appears this singluar inference form relative to all other.

According to Plato's view, there is a form for every corresponding type of object in reality: forms of dogs, human beings, mountains, colors, courage, love, and goodness. Indeed, for Plato, God is identical to the Form of the Good. Forms exist in a "Platonic heaven," and when people die, their souls achieve reunion with the forms. Plato makes it clear that souls originate in this "Platonic heaven" and have recollection of it even in life.

if you want more http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_forms

so my question is what is gods form
    does god have form

7. The bible says God created man in his own image, so you could start there. Does God look like Adam? What did Adam look like? Was Adam even the first man? There are two creation stories in Genesis with slight differences, so did God create man once and then go back and do it over again? I believe in the second version he breathes a "living soul" into Adam.

8. Base it on the Trascendentalist thinking: We are all part of "God". So the form of God would be everyone and everything in harmony.

9. how do you know? what proof do you have that disproves the existance of the gods i named earlier and that they haven't effected the world in some way?

10. I believe God is a Dog like creature cause you know how they say mans best freind some shit like that plus god spelled backwards is dog thats all I have

11. I wondered if you meant Platonic forms; you do. So, perhaps God is an infinitely multi-facted form, a combination of all forms known and unknown. Within the "form" of God, can be discerned, any form.

Or perhaps God is formless.

-mu

12. the search button.