The Five Universal Truths

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by esseff, Feb 8, 2019.

1. #1 esseff, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    By ‘truths’ I mean they are applicable to everyone, everywhere, no matter what.

This thread will look at them. Starting with the first.

The 5 truths are...

1. You exist

2. The One is all and the all are One

3. Everything is here and now

4. What you put out is what you get back

5. Everything changes, except the first 4 truths

Ok, so what does existence mean? To know I exist beyond doubt; I am. Many understand that life is an illusion. A play. An internal projection, which, while the experience is real, the circumstances the experience play out in aren't. At least in the sense that they are experienced to be anyway.

Existence has only one point to it…to exist. And just as science says that energy cannot be created or destroyed, existence cannot cease to be only change its form.

Existence can never become non-existence, because non-existence doesn’t exist. If I exist then I always exist, irrespective of whether I decide to believe there is anything else ‘after life’ or not.

Many teachings tell us to ‘know ourselves’ or even that ‘death is a transition from one state to another’. To accept any idea requires believing it. Existence doesn't insist we believe an idea about what it is, only that it is.

Trying to imagine non-existence won’t change what we are. We can’t imagine non-existence anyway, and trying to do so causes a lot of fear, helping many to choose to believe something they find comfort in. Yes, it is comforting to hold a belief that takes away fear, whether it is true or not, but to accept that existence is, without having to wrap it in an idea, frees us to just be. You and Me.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The unimportance of "anything".
    Sounds like a lonely, empty theory.

Reminds me of an old Beatles song.
    He's a real nowhere man, Sitting in his nowhere land,
    Making all his nowhere plans, For nobody.
    Doesn't have a point of view, knows not where he's going to.
    Isn't he a bit like you and me?

But then they conclude:
    Nowhere man, please listen,
    You don't know what you're miss'n.
    Nowhere man, the world is at your command.

How does something exist without origin?
    If scientists believe there is order in the universe, (laws of physics), how can something exist without a purpose? Just to exist.

And finally, isn't experience the result of circumstance?

3. What about quantum tunneling...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thank you for the post esseff
    and your input Ronhip

This discussion is reminds me of Dependent Origination. I recently watched this video and thought to share.

We may exist just to experience... pleasant or painful. The reverberation of loneliness within an eternal consciousness could otherwise deafen.

5. #5 esseff, Feb 10, 2019
    Interesting. Not easy to get one's head around the idea that existence just is, always has been, always will be. We live in our little world of 'it has to make logical sense' where of course it isn't going to because this would be beyond mind. Like I said earlier, this isn't something that has to be believed.

What makes you think existence exists without purpose? You are free to choose your reality by what you decide to believe about it. So this idea of 'purpose' is up to you.

Lastly, experience is the result of belief not circumstances, the circumstances are merely the play in which experience unfolds.

6. What about it?

7. Esseff, welcome back

• Like Like x 1
  8. The five universal truths are rather simple, and George Carlin cracked that mother fucker ages ago. They are as follows:

1. Everyone

2. Is

3. Full

4. Of

5.Shit

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes they are.

We humans like to complicate things, believing if something appears simple it can't have any real substance to it. You can have the complicated version if you'd prefer. Lol.

10. #10 esseff, Feb 10, 2019
    I’ll skip over truth number 2 for the moment.

3. Everything is here and now

Only this moment exists. Everything that can be is happening in it. All at once.

Everything that is, everything that has been or will be, exists in the present, and the only reason we are not aware of all that is going on, is because we experience our own particular frequency.

Consider the TV set. There are many channels to choose from, all existing at the same time, but we only see the one we’re on unless we change to another.

This frequency determines what we experience, and our beliefs determine how we interpret that experience. The more we are who we really are in the present, the realer it gets.

Many teachings talk about needing to change ourselves rather than trying to change the world. Trying to change the world directly is like expecting a mirror’s reflection to smile before we do.

• Like Like x 1
  11. #11 esseff, Feb 10, 2019
    4. What you put out is what you get back

Consciousness is a reflecting mechanism. It recognises what we put out and reflects something back. Nothing is separate from us ‘out there’, which science knows to be true. What you think, how you feel, what you do, reveals the frequency you operate at, and it is why the idea of ‘know yourself’ is perhaps the most important thing to look at. To know who we truly are lets us experience the reality we prefer, not struggle with something we do not.

Knowing who we are is about letting go of what is not 'me' rather than becoming something else. Beliefs create the reality we experience, so the journey of believing things then letting them go, which we all go through, is normal. Negative beliefs go first, then those which are positive but no longer relevant. This takes time, but leaps do happen.

The journey is not about getting anywhere, it is just about taking it, and as the journey never ends (see truth number 1). More and more comes from it.

The most important thing to consider is…we cannot experience what we are not the state of being first. What we experience as true for us therefore remains relative as a result.

12. I’d actually like to know what you are referring to on #2?

J

13. #13 esseff, Feb 13, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    Ok then.

Everything is connected. Quantum physics gets this. This means the Universe is one thing, appearing to be many things, effectively experiencing itself through them, with each part having an effect on the other.

So, whether the whole is simply super conscious, or, as a result it becomes so, doesn't really matter. What matters is that One thing is all, and therefore all is One. This can be experienced.

You could look at this as everything is the same thing vibrating at different rates, giving the illusion of being different. Just as water, steam and ice are the same thing, vibrating differently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. But how do you KNOW this?

J

15. Quantum Science knows it.

I have my own experience of it.

Consider these...

16. From the minuscule amount I have read about quantum mechanics, I believe that the actual proof is still up in the air....

But I have not looked into it and awful lot.

J

17. It's worth looking into more, and it's not hard to get the head around it. Plenty of things on YouTube.

Entanglement deals with objects affecting other objects at a distance. Instantly. That can only happen if they are connected.

That's just for starters. I would say it's not 'up in the air'. See what you find.

18. 5. Everything changes (except the first 4 truths)

People want things to stay the same. But everything changes no matter what. Time is the only thing affecting this. The point of the journey is to change, to grow, so it's a good thing, even if sometimes we try our best not to let it happen.

Everything is in constant motion, vibrating. Nothing is still, no matter how it seems.

It is better to accept that things change rather than hope they won't or try to stop them. Even if it doesn't seem like change is better right now, doesn't mean it won't come to be seen that way in time.

And this links into truth number 3, because if things have changed or are changing, it is what we believe about them that determines how we feel about them in the present. It is happening. No matter what happens, the circumstances are in themselves meaningless, neutral at best, it is we who give them meaning by the beliefs and definitions we hold.

And because everything is here and now, if we understand how much our beliefs play into what we experience, and change them, we change what we experience, even to the point of getting a positive effect from something seemingly negative.

Then, eventually we go beyond belief into knowing, where the state of duality no longer exists within us. To not have to decide, to debate, to wonder, just to know, intuitively, without doubt. Not in an egotistical way, nor a mental one. This is the next step for us. To know what we need to know when we need to know it, and not a moment before, nor a moment after. To trust in the flow of life, to let it guide us, show us, reveal what we need in its own perfect timing. To follow excitement and KNOW that doing so will lead us where we need to be, without insisting on what the outcome ought to look like, or judging how it looks in the present.

To experience synchronicity, and see how perfectly things align, almost as if they are there just for you and you alone. Sounds magical? It is.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I get that - and is exactly why I don’t understand the mentality of the climate change crowd - showing graphs of rising ocean temps, melting polar caps.

Who cares and so what - I’d be much more concerned if the climate stayed stagnant.

J

20. I personally need stone cold proof with things.

J