The fishing net to catch a monster.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by InfamousTree, May 24, 2018.

1. Welcome to next trial of my goal to becoming a seasoned well rounded grower. I have gone from 4, 8, 10 and now were gonna go to an insane 2-3. This will be in the same 5x10 as last time but into uncharted scary water. The plan is soil grown 7 gallon pots with 2-3 different strains in a 4x8 scrog net pvc built adjustable. The plan is to fill the whole net using a few plants vs the usual packing the tent full of supercropped bushes. I have seen alot of beautiful scrogd plants and hope i can knock this one outa the park. Still gonna run 2 1000w xl hps/mh. Due to expected longer veg times i will run a hot soil of just ocean forest with 30% perlite after a 1 gal transplant from a happy frog start. I will need advise on how to accomplish this along with recommended grid sizing. Veg will be 24 hr schedule nutes will be fox farm trio, cal mag, silica blast ( for flexability ) and molasses. Hope some expert scrog grower can hold my hand and help me through this one.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. Plan on boosting the plants up or growing them up into the scrog? When I did My 5x5 I put them all on milk crates. Was able to fill the scrog faster. It’s a lot of work but pays off. I fill it about 75% lollipop and defoliate then flip. Just keep tucking and filling it out. My 2.5x4 tent is great for scrog. The bigger tents get a little more complicated cause it’s hard to reach some parts lol. Looking forward to your grow! I’m no pro but I’ll glady help or give input if I can.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mine are also on milk crates. Makes drain pans simple

• Like Like x 1
  4. How big should i let it get before i shove it in the screen considering ill be filling a 3x4 or 4x4 space per plant. Also what kinda veg times am i looking at. My plants do get big fast im hoping no longer than a 7 wk veg and will i still tuck in flower?

5. Also can i super crop branches in scrog

• Like Like x 1
  6. you veg in same space?
    you could let them get a decent size, supercrop what you need to, then put your scrog in, maybe have to veg for another week or two to fill it out good enough to flip.
    hope that makes sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I only recently added the net. I think 2 weeks ago. Bent everything into place. You can veg as long as you'd like really.

8. So i put my seeds in soil after 16 hrs of soaking in water cups. Chemdawg #4 White Berry and Pineapple kush. Hopefully 100% germ rate like usual.

9. O im veg n flower in the 5x10 my scrog pvc adjustable net will be 4x9. What node should i top at as i want atleast a foot from top of the soil to lolipop which should give me a good almost 2 ft under to crawl under if need be. How often will the net have to be raised and how does that work if the plants all intertwined in it or is the stalk growth vertical what requires the net to be lifted up more.

10. I haven’t had to adjust or lift my net at all.
    I also don’t top but that is a personal thing.
    Since you’re using the same space just veg like you normally would. Once the plants get a decent size add the scrog.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 20180525_082729.jpg
    My latest masterpiece topped at 1st node and pulled out 180° topped again at the 2nd node and suppercropped into submission with tethering that I move up as the plant grows. From there she has just been growing out. And has given about 20 cuttings already. End goal she will be going in into a 4x4 area by herself in about 2 months. Hoping to have her shaped up into a table top hedge

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. All my seeds sprouted had to help one remove its hat.

13. You seem to do well with seeds.
    What’s your routine?

14. I just take solo cups fill em with room temp water about an inch and drop the seeds in for 16-24 hrs put em in a dark warm area above 70° then i fill cups with happy frog due to its kinda bland soil makeup knuckle deep cover but dont pack soil and pour the 1 inch of water in the soil. Then i poke about six knife slots in the bottom side and cover with clear wrap. Then i put them in a black or metal reflective tray turn my mh down to 600 watts and put it on the ceiling. Room temps are 79-81. Usually after no more than a few days they all sprout ill remove the plastic remove any shell hats so they dont stretch out looking for light and mist the top soil when they look dry. Ive had 100% germ rate the last few times and all were done the same.

15. So yea these sprouted in two days from dropping em in soil. Ive seen people talk 11-14 days ive never waited that long i think longest was 5 days

16. I have found high humidity and temps like you said work best as well. I have never actually put plastic wrap on the top tho. Last time I tried doing them in rock wool and was a bad idea cause they don’t pop up through it as easy lol. Wasn’t a big deal tho. Just tried it for an experiment.

17. I leave like an inch from the top of the cup so they never touch it.

18. Babys are growing leaves 20180531_201225.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. Looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @ I love growing weed

20. They a lil bigger now they starting on their 3rd set of leaves. Im hoping to be rdy to transplant in about 10 days.

• Like Like x 2