The Firehouse 3000 WATT HYDRO!! (chernobyl, kandy kush, bubba kush, mendo purps)

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Atom2, May 9, 2011.

1. You won't be disappointed, I know in the pictures it doesn't show the buds real well but they are super dank it's just hard to take pictures cause my room is just big enough for the plants only about 2 feet of walking space on the side. Buuut I can however take good macros once they are chopped down. That chernobyl is one crystally fucker....

2. Ive got a sorta similar setup man, and im hopeing that i can help with these temps. Sealed Room w/ Co2, 3K flower, and 2x432w T-5's in a veg tent.

I think the Key upgrade you need to do is get the lights aircooled properly. If your thinking of upgrading your AC unit, Save the power, and money, and just get some vented hoods for those lights. I am using 6" Active Air fan, pulling through 3 lights in a straight run, just like yours. The ducting starts outside the room, and pulls through the lights, passed the fan, and continues in the ducting out the other side of the room. This air never changes any Co2 levels, as it does not ever really enter the atmosphere. Then i have a 8000btu Window Shaker. This unit can barley keep up, but gets the room to stay between 84-87 with lights on. And helps with the humidity a little. I also run the 50 pint dehumid, and that thing barley keeps up too. But can get down to 45-48. There is also a fan pulling air out of the veg tent, on a simple timer, and the overall flower room has to adjust that air too. But no Co2 is wasted, and The temps hold right on the line... but my equip works harder/longer than i want.

If running ducting from side to side isnt an option, you might be able to go through the roof. If your run is bigger than 25 feet, or has bends, i would step it up to a 8" fan and duct. I was running the circuit that cools the lights inside my room, just pulling through the lights, and moving the air to the other side of the room. My same equipment kept up with that, but spikes would happen up to the lower 90's. So, i think if you get some air moving past those bulbs, you will be surprised at how much easier it will be on your AC and Dehumid.

Not all window shakers exchange air from outside. Mine pulls air across the back (outside), and has a separate intake/fan for the air that pulls from your room, and blows back in. Like the recycle feature on your car AC. I know this, because when the lights go off, my Co2 stops adjusting... the AC runs off and on throughout the hottest part of the natural day (lights out). And the numbers are still up high when the lights come on.
    Frigidaire equipment. Co2 bottles are lasting almost a month... and only a 20lb. I have it at 800ppm's.

I hope all finishes well.

3. I think that's probably what I'll end up doing my next run is going with the magnum XXL and air cooling the lights but I already invested so much money into the AAW's that I have to at least finish this run with them, I dont have the money to buy all new hoods just yet. It would definitely take care of any heat problems I have. Thanks for the input!!

4. Cant make up my mind on the hoods. For about 30 bucks more there is the new Raptor, bigger hood and slicker angle and flanges than the Magnum's. Thats the one ive been eyeballin. Either way, it will be quite a step up from my Cooltubes in the light distribution dept.
    Those wings are tough to pull off. The only ones ive seen are in big ass rooms, with retarded amounts of airflow/space.
    Looking forward to the update
    Peace

5. Some teaser pics... here's some tasters of the bubba kush I just chopped, it's about half of 1 plant... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. That looks tasty man, any samples available?

7. Great manicuring job. Those look dank brother!

8. Not yet but once it's dry I'll let you know. It's dank as hell though, I think in the end Kandy Kush is gonna be my biggest producer. The Chernobyl was way bigger but the buds ended up being pretty small... those kandy kush nugs are fucking huge resiny and dense!! I'm giving all of them another week before chopping the rest because while I was away my room kinda went to shit so I wanna get things back on track a little before chopping and I'm gonna crank down the night temps to 67 and hopefully they will show some purple.

9. Man that's disappointing to hear about the Chernobyl nugs being so small. I have mine outdoors and the plant itself is huge, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

10. I wouldn't necessarily call them small, they are still huge plants it's just the kandy kush is much bigger with same veg time. The chernobyl still produced 2 or 3 times more than the bubba kush per plant.

11. Rainy day today so I was playin with my camera in the growroom trying to get the light right... here you go... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Lookin good man I got KandyKush x Skunk so good to hear on the bud size. Let us know the dry wt and smoke report.

Which one btw is the kandy in the pics?

13. Kandy kush is the fifth one down and the last two sorry I didn't label them, my enter key is broken on my keyboard so it's hard to type and make it look nice still. You can tell the kandy kush by how seperate nodes grow up from the bud, it's got a great look to it.

14. So a little update... I got about three quarters of my room trimmed and I'm way beyond what I expected, already harvest 3.5 lbs and probably have another 1 to trim down... that is including all popcorn buds. As far as strains go the kandy kush is nothing impressive... at all... kinda upsetting because I had high hopes. Chernobyl was fire and yielded good but didn't have an identifiable smell which I prefer my strains to have... just smelled like weed. Bubba was fire and probably the best and yielded okay. Purple was dank but shitty yield, tasted the best of the 4. Any questions ask away!! I'll get some pics up soon of the harvest and what it looks like.

15. What was so bad about the kandy the smoke or the yield? Was yours a straight kandy kush strain or a hybrid.

16. #77 Atom2, Jul 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2011
    The kandy just isn't close to as crystally as any other strains and no 3.5 dry believe it or not. I'm trying to trim the rest up and then I will take pics. Mind you I vegged for a looooong time so this yield isn't necessarily that great... Edit: pure kandy kush i grew it from seed.

17. I wish I had HALF of one garage full of that bud! Sub'd Nice lookin stuff man! Cant wait to see more =)

18. I have decided to bring this journal back to life. I have gone through a few rooms and finally have one that is easily maintainable and relatively self sustaining.  All strains are from seed this is the first run with all of them: Grape God, Pineapple Chunk, White Widow, Critical Kush.  Setup includes:

Flower Room
    2x 1100 Watt Gavitas above a 4x8
    1x 1000 watt aircooled  above a 4x4   (SOG)
    16000 BTU portable window AC unit
    50lb Co2 tank w/ the goodies
    2 6" Vortex
    Carbon scrubber
    3 Oscilating fans
    70 Pint Dehumidifier

Veg Tent
    48" 4 bulb T5
    24" 4 bulb T5
    2x 150 watt HPS
    60 site EZ cloner
    1 6" Vortex

I am feeding the full Botanicare KIND line and supplementing with cal-mag, liquid karma, superthrive.  I'm using fresh Roots Organics 707 soil supplemented with Microzoa and spraying once a week with 2tsp per gallon Azamax to control spider mites

I have a lot more experience now 3 years later and expect big things from this grow.  Stay tuned!!