The Fire Yogi

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by 1Trismegistus1, Nov 6, 2011.

1. #1 1Trismegistus1, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
    Hope you enjoy and actually watch the whole thing, since it's pretty frequent somebody asks me for evidence/proof. Of course, some d-bag will probably say something like "well that's a video, it can just be edited" or "it's just the internet, people lie", the same d-bags who asked me to show them something over the internet in the first place. This isn't really for them though, rather for the people interested in the Yogic/meditative practices and the phenomena that accompanies such a life dedicated to these things.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLlw8RmYSo&feature=player_embedded]The Fire Yogi - YouTube[/ame]

edit: Might I add that at the Temple my Hierophants do a fire ritual, invoking Dionysos into the fire, it is a ritual of purification, and likewise they will have their hands moving around in the flames for upwards of 15 minutes without so much as hair being singed. So this is not a matter of just a video to me, but of personal experience on a different level.

2. #2 TesseLated, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
    I will watch it...just a few questions though...

Why do they do this fire ritual? <<lol......nvm..already answered in first seconds of vid...unless your teachers do it for a different reason.

Also, your teachers are pantheists? Just curious.

3. My Teachers do the ritual for the students, the students make offerings of ghee and herbs to the fire, and what happens is a large portion of negative karma is burned off. It is not uncommon for even the male students to cry from the great feeling of bliss from a burden being lifted off them, and also semi-common to feel an incredible rage before throwing the herbs into the fire as it exits the body into the herbs.

My Teachers, as well as all the other students, believe what the truth of the matter is, there is 1 Supreme God of our Universe, and various lesser emanations that are still Divine.

4. havent watched it yet...but very interested and will watch:smoke:

5. I see. I was wondering why he was crying at the beginning. He was on fire at some points....thats amazing....I was also wondering why the ghee and all....

How do you suppose they figured all this out....the herbs and what not. Or is it just the energies they put into these things?

Isnt ghee some kind of butter? No lol.

Also, will you do this one day?

6. Ghee is purified butter, it's very liquidy.

As far as figuring out all of this stuff, it goes back further than recorded history so I couldn't tell you how it was figured out lol. My guess is that it was a combination of Initiations first given by God-men and Avatars, and various spirits who can teach you basically everything you could want to know. Likewise with clairvoyance one could see the various occult properties of herbs and other things.

Personally my lineage began 3000 years ago in the Pyramids of Egypt, and who knows who brought the tradition to the Egyptians, if a certain story is correct and not fabricated than it was Sage's from Atlantis who brought it to Egypt, likely Hermes Trismegistus, considering the Egyptians deified him as Thoth when he had passed on.

I'm not saying that I'll be rolling around on a fire some day lol, but yes some day I will likely lead fire rituals for my own students, not for a good 10-15 years though until Gnosis is reached and I am able to give my students transmissions and work on them like my Hierophants do for me.

I do not have students at the moment by the way, I am not yet even an Initiate yet (thats a good 6 years away itself) so how can I teach someone to attain things I haven't yet achieved myself? My students probably haven't even hit puberty or reincarnated yet anyway lol.

7. i nodded out and burned my self with a cig and didnt wake up

does this count?

8. Well, y'know, they only found traces of clarified butter in the garment...

9. Ok? I suppose your unaware that ghee (clarified butter) is used as fuel for dhiya lamps, it makes cotton (or any other flammable fabric for a wick) much more flammable. If you watched the video he even talks about how he's putting his hands in ghee, a flammable substance, and then into the fire. So by all rights he should have caught on fire.

What's your point?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diya_(light)

10. been busy...so havent gotten to watch yet ...but will when i have a few....

i do have to say......

i personally have many times.....put flammable shit on my hands and lit it on fire.....we used to do it for fun .....alot....as young teens......hair spray...deodorant..... gasoline.....anything at all and lite it on fire....it burns the fuel off without doing more them warming your skin;):smoke:

i have no idea if this is anything like what they are doing or not as havent watched yet!

11. from Articles about Butter - Philly.com

So no, clarified butter is not more flammable. It's a flame retardant.

You might drown yourself in unfalsifiable spiritual nonsense

but I know cooking.

Thanks.

12. Also

from Ghee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You do understand that some fuels require a lot more than a little fire pit to be sparked, right?

13. You know, when you start off by putting those who question things down, it doesn't look good for your credibility and you start to sound like the US govt. This is 2011, with video technology capable of what it is, there is no reason to believe anything based solely on videos. I wasn't the d-bag who asked for this, but I will gladly be the d-bag who calls out youtube vids.

14. #14 1Trismegistus1, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
    I put that because 1 of 2 things happen when I provide links like these.

A) what DirtySix did, try to makeup some bogus explanation, as if ghee, which doesn't insulate anything, and which acts as a fuel for lamps when on a fabric, is somehow protecting him from the immense heat that occurs directly over a fire.

or

B) Nobody replies at all, because they aren't interested in truth or the like, but they are far more interested in wanting to have been right all along than learning new things.

Likewise DirtySix, his garments were not covered in ghee, if you had watched the video you would see that, the reason there is ghee residue on his clothing is because of all the ghee in the fire that would undoubtedly be rising upwards in the smoke as it acted as a fuel. Also they lit his garment on fire with ease afterwards. If wrapping yourself in a ghee soaked garment is the key than I would laughingly dare you to wrap yourself in such and lay on top of a much smaller fire pit. Don't try to sue me when that ghee evaporates and the oils are left and your garment goes up into giant flames. Just like running your hand across the stove, you won't do it because you know what would happen, but you must always think you know but are not a man of scientific method and so will not put your money where your mouth is. What do you say for his arms and head that were not covered in the garment?

If you think that ghee isn't flammable, perhaps you think the same about paraffin oil. In and of themselves they are difficult to light on fire, but when a wick of fabric is soaked in them then lit they provide a fuel for a lantern. It is the oils they contain which catch and sustain fire.

Source: I use ghee for fuel for a lamp, I know that when mixed with cotton it will burn for hours without exhausting the cotton wick.

15. I didn't make it up. I provided two links for you to peruse that specifically state that Ghee resists heat much better than cooking oils. I would gladly treat my clothing and skin and roll around in fire to appear to be magical. :rolleyes:

"the truth"

Of which you provide no scientific basis to believe.

Have you ever cooked with clarified butter? And yes his garments were treated with clarified butter. As was his skin.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRqRH3YsDo]The Fire Yogi II - YouTube[/ame]

Of course it lit on fire afterwards. You treat a cloth once with ghee, roll around in it, and it's no longer treated. Bam!

And yes I would do it. Just as I would firewalk, which in and of itself isn't dangerous due to basic scientific principles.

Did I say it wasn't flammable? Please quit putting words into my mouth and debate what's actually said, not what you want to pretend I said.

You must have failed chemistry in high school.

16. Yes, you did say it.

And he did not soak his garments in ghee. Even if he did, the fire would have caught within a minute with such a fire.

Go get some cotton, just off a cuetip maybe, and roll it into a little wick, and stick it into ghee. It burns.

His garments are not soaked with ghee, you are just grasping at anything you can lol. Likewise only 1 of his hands went into the ghee, he is not coated in it. It's called sweat.

But as usual it's useless trying to debate with you. I'll be waiting for you to lay in a fire for 10 minutes wrapped in a ghee soaked shawl with your arms exposed, heck you can even coat them with ghee. Ghee doesn't insulate temperature, and so your argument is invalid. Even without the flame touching you, those temperatures would blister your skin if you layed in them for even 2 minutes let alone 10. Even those guys who light themselves on fire with the flame retardant gel have to MOVE to keep the fire away from them, because if the flame goes directly up the temperature will still burn their face even if it's covered in gel. You couldn't even sit on the edge of a fire that big without it being unbearable, you must lack the experience of ever having a bon fire in your life.

17. #17 1Trismegistus1, Nov 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2011
    Go to 2:15

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbkgnBuWe7U]How To Light Lamps - YouTube[/ame]

Likewise she'll show you how to make a wick from a cotton ball so you can see for yourself.

I'm still hoping to see you cover yourself in a cotton garment with ghee though and lay in fire, and then the video of you going to the hospital in shame. But of course I'll never see this video because you can't stand behind your hypothesis, your not a true scientist.

Here's a comment from my facebook wall about your ridiculous theory of ghee on cotton or any fabric being fire retardant.

You should tell them that if they're confident enough in that theory, they should get some cotton clothes, put them on, saturate it with ghee (because if ghee with cotton is a flame retardant, then lots of ghee on lots of cotton should put out flames altogether) and make use of a nearby fireplace.

18. Flame retardant does not mean fire proof. Fucking shit you are dense.

Wrong, as clarified butter is heat resistant. Also, in several cases his garments did catch fire within a minute of laying in it.

Or we could actually replicate the experiment by treating it with clarified butter and putting it in an open fire.

You can't prove they're not, and the video states clearly they found traces of clarified butter in the clothing they tested. I know who I believe.

His arms aren't in the open fire. No skin actually touches flame. Not to mention, no one said anything about clarified butter being insulating. I said flame retardant.

The only thing fucking pointless is you can't even stick to using the same terminology I use. So far you've posed that I called clarified butter fire proof AND heat insulating, which neither of those two terms have ever come from me in describing clarified butter.

And I really don't need someone who can't even reply to the fact that I showed two links stating clarified butter is heat resistant telling me I've never had a bonfire in my life. I've cooked finer meals over a shitty bonfire than your own mother ever put in front of you.

If you want to have an intelligent discussion (one I was trying to start out with by mentioning the fact that samples of his shawl came back with clarified butter being found) and you can't even get past the fact that clarified butter is used for its resistance to heat.

I watched the fucking video. He lays on the side of a fire pit and the only thing the heat actually touches is his thick shawl treated in a cooking oil renowned for its HIGH SMOKING POINT. It catches fire several times and he adjusts it so he still has the same amount of layers between him and the fire.

I'm not impressed by a man who makes a living laying in fire with treated clothing and lying to people.

You wanna appear credible? Start with proving his shawl isn't treated.

19. Yes, your facebook friends are more credible than the facts about clarified butter.

Are you done with your ad hominem shit or are you going to provide some real factual basis for suggesting that clarified butter will spark like gasoline?

20. lol so much anger both of you should just stop posting. obviously nobodys gonna agree with anyone and you'll just keep writing out these drawn out pointless posts