Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The finer you chop your weed the higher you get?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Horde, Sep 29, 2013.

1. I was just wonder because to my knowledge the finer you shop your weed the higher you will get (because there is more surface area, which means more thc is burnt) do you think this is true? I have tryed experiments and tested it and i feels somewhat true but im not sure becasue they are probably biased towars finer chopped because thats how i smoke it normally, but who knows.

2. As long as you are burning the whole thing and turning it to ashes, I don't really see the difference.

Vaping on the other hand I can see that

3. Its not true at all. You are still burning the the same amount of THC regardless if it is chopped up or not. Just when its grinded up it burns a lot nicer usually. So you don't have to turn the bowl and stuff.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. What people mistake is that a bowl of finely chopped weed vs one that's not is the one with the finer chopped weed will get you higher because theres more weed in the bowl, not because it's finely chopped.

5. The smaller you break it up before packing it (I think that's what you mean by chop) the more weed fits in the bowl - you'll get higher, but just because your smoking a denser bowl that required more of your weed.

6. the smaller you break it up the more surface area is exposed to the heating element resulting in larger hits.

7. I've always preferred the preparation of weed up by hand - it sticks together in a joint better.  Chopping or cutting it up ruins this, for me at least.  

8. I wouldn't say you get higher because of the THC amount or surface area, but you can definitely get higher by taking better and bigger hits, and ground herb hits alot better than a nug in your bowl.

9. For me at least, the finer I break my weed up, the more it stays lit and runs down on the corner I light. 

I just love that sound of the herb sizzling and flame-ish red.

10. I look at it as I'm going to get high either way so I could care less..