The final flush

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by techno, Apr 30, 2007.

1. hello
    i was wondering if any one could help me. i am growing northern lights in a hydro system. they have been on 12/12 for 42 days now and i was wondering how long i need to flush the plans for and when to start? I read else where on this forum that the time for flowering should be taken from when you first see buds, not from when you changed the light. which i didnt keep a check on. so i was wondering how long it genraly takes for the pistls to change one they have started, i have spotted the odd one here and there but the majority are still white, and at about what percentage change of the pistls should i start flushing? i would much apreachate the advice
    cheers
    Owen

2. from the time it shows sex in 12/12 to the first budlet is anywhere from 10-14 days, safe to say knock off 2 weeks from your count.

flush 2 weeks before harvesting.

3. Its not ready yet.. the pistols wont tell you, read up on trichomes, thats what will tell you they are ready I believe most people start flushing when the trichomes are closer to what they want to cut at...They start clear and go cloudy then amber.. these are tiny little hairs on the plants you would need that pocket microscope from radio shack to see them, what stage you pick at decides the buzz you get....

Gluck buddy