Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Floydian, Jul 25, 2008.

1. #1 Floydian, Jul 25, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019

2. Some inside information for my relaxed friends. Brett Farve was shown the door because " he was uncoachable". Not because he was wishy washy about coming back. A coach hates nothing more than not being able to tell a player what to do. If Brett came to the sideline after throwing 3 ints McCarthy couldn't bench him. McCarthy's authority is threatened by having Farve on the team. How can McCarthy tell other players what to do if Farve doesn't have to listen. Everyone in the front office breathed a sigh of relief when Brett retired. He is larger than the team and had too much control. First rule of football, Do What The Coach Says! Coach's have huge egos and need to let everyone know they are in control at all times. This is how you get 11 guys to work together. With one complete egomaniac in charge.

That being said I want Farve Back. I enjoy no player more in the history of the game. I hate the fact that sport writers are considering it vogue to tear Brett up in the press. He needs to play again this year for a contender. Is this really what football has come to, the forced retirement of legends?

3. All I can say about the topic is that I fucking hate his name.

Favre, but said FARVE. what the FUCK? I HATE THAT SHIT.

4. I heard its because the management are dicks to him that are trying to make money off him.

5. According to breaking news at nfl.com- Brett Farve is returing to the Packers.

6. i could care less about brett favre

7. Yeah, I second that...his ancestors were stupid. =\

8. hope favre goes to the bucs!!!

9. My hopes exactly. Watching Bucs training camps right now on local news. They speculate that he joined with Greenbay again just to be traded.

10. As a Bucs fan, I too have heard this rumor. I don't know how the ego's of Gruden and Favre will clash. He would be a nice addition, but at the same time I don't mind Garcia! He's more of a system guy (and he knows Grudend system very well), which is exactly what the Bucs need.

11. Tampa Bay is fine at QB. Garcia is certainly a quality QB, plus you have a good amount of depth at the position.

All the NY writers are getting pretty excited about the possibility of him coming to the Jets. They would have a field day.

Also, the Packers said they want a 1st Round pick for Favre. I wonder how many teams would give up a first to get him, even just for a year.

12. the funny thing is all the teams that are looking at Favre don't really have any good receivers for him to throw to. the jets, bucs, vikings, bears, are all lacking at the wideout spot. i just don't see a reason to comeback unless he comes back as a packer unless he wants to comeback just to playing knowing he doesn't really have a shot at the SB

the vikings could maybe be contenders with Favre but i doubt the pack would let him go there

13. I've heard numerous times that no one will let alone can match their price.

14. Exactly right, Farves issue is that he is "uncoachable" so he and Gruden would clash. I am a Garcia Fan, give him a 3 year contract and be done with it. I would love Farve here, but the only place I think he really needs to be is in Greenbay.

15. I would love if he would come to Tampa Bay. After last season, I think buc fans aren't happy with Simms, and while Garcia is doing great in training, Favre would be so much better.

Favre and Gruden worked together (sort of) back when Gruden was the Wide Receiver coach for the Packers in Favre's rookie season.

16. He is officially back with the pack

17. Yes, and I have a feeling it'll stay that way. Training camp will seal the deal for him and the Packers front office.

Brett's gonna light some teams up this year.

18. Fuck Favre. He played the last 3 years and he never got them to the Super Bowl, even with home field advantage last year. And who threw that INT in overtime vs the Giants? BRETT FAVRE.

He is an attention whore and a diva.

19. He already has his press conference! Just like Elway, Marino, Aikman, and now Favre had! He isn't allow to come back.

20. he's going to the vikings, brett favre and adrienne peterson in the backfield would be untouchable. opposeing teams would no longer be able to stack 8 in the box on peterson(which could only be done due to our incompitent qb). and if they did favre would pick apart the defense. ap's goin 300 this year!!!