The Fallout Thread!

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by TOKRFRED, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Hey blades, I just thought i should make a thread devoted to, in my opion, one of the best video games available. This thread is all about the Fallout series. Fallout 1,2,3 NewVegas, Dead Money ect... Anyone else like getting ripped and wandering the Wasteland? :smoke:

[​IMG]

2. Fallout is a great series and in my Top 5. I can't help but go back to the Capital Wasteland every few months. I love the expansions, The Pitt, Point Lookout and Broken Steel are GREAT!

3. [quote name='"Sour Kush"']Fallout is a great series and in my Top 5. I can't help but go back to the Capital Wasteland every few months. I love the expansions, The Pitt, Point Lookout and Broken Steel are GREAT![/quote]

I can't afford expansion packs lmao but when I do ill enjoy them. Or buy the next game. Best game ever tho. Blasting people with my annebella

4. You could probably find a copy of Fallout 3: Game of the Year version for about $20 used at your local Game Stop. Includes all expansions on a seperate disc.

5. [quote name='"Sour Kush"']

You could probably find a copy of Fallout 3: Game of the Year version for about $20 used at your local Game Stop. Includes all expansions on a seperate disc.[/quote]

Really? Wow that is very very useful information. God bless you. No sarcasm

6. whats this game like? its open world rpg right?

7. yes its a post apocalyptic open world rpg. like skyrim but with a mad max/early 30's vintage feel if that makes sense. Fallout 3 is my favorite and it's incredibly good, even better than elderscrolls games if u ask me (but most of that is preference of setting/playstyle) and the only game I've ever made an effort to and successfully gotten 100% achievements on.

the addons could almost be games in themselves with how much content they provide (certainly if you add them together they could be a whole game) and are all varied and interesting. noone mentioned operation anchorage but I actually really like that one even though it's the shortest and doesnt offer a whole new world area to explore, but DAT STEALTH SUIT.

anyway, I've played the game pretty much every way possible, but my favorite are my traditional sniper build (always start with this in fallout games) using Lincolns repeater which is the best weapon in the game, or the melee tank shishkebob build (also an OP weapon).

also I found fallout 1/2 in a bestbuy super bargain bin before xmas and bought them, theyre actually pretty awesome for how old they are although its hard to shift back to the dated gamplay and UI.

neway TL;DR if u havent played it and like rpgs or open world games even a little bit fallout 3 is a 100% absolute must by for anyone.

8. FO3 n FONV r my favorite games off all times for both games i got the walk through books n have done every single quest in FO3 and almost finished all the ones in FONV but when i got the DLC "dead money" it wouldnt load any of my DLCs and it took all of my dlc weapons withs was my whole invitory so i got pissed n sold the game

9. It also is the only DLC from FO3 that shows a perfectly beautiful sky from before the world was bombed to hell.

Idk why but I always gaze up at the sky because from Morrowind to Skyrim and every game Bethesda has released I've always been one to stargaze, and the Fallout series' skies are no exception lol

10. I loved playing fallout 3 and fallout nv, but i wish they would make a new one with be graphics. Also, less glitches. It was a pain in the ass getting stuck in the wall while trying to fight centurions.

11. Ive just got into playing fnv way farther. I got up to like level 15 a couple times and dicked around with the main quest line, but Ive really been getting into it now.

Fnv and Fallout 3 are definitely some of the best games Ive ever played. Top 5 without a doubt for the xbox 360.

12. #12 Mr.Burnsalot, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    Never played FO3 but I am just starting to love New Vegas. I've done the same as NPC and have had like 2-3 accounts up to around 15 and started over. I'm really starting to enjoy it now. Buying the ultimate edition on 2/7 when it comes out for all the DLC.

I didn't like New Vegas at first because I had read reviews and based it off other opinions. I fucking love the game now tho.

13. Just picked up new vegas for PC, and im having mixed thoughts.

I like the way they improved the environments and faction systems etc.....

But it just plays so much shitter than Fallout 3. The screen jitters like a mofo despite trying every config file tweak under the sun, and also the guns look downright cheesy when you pull them up toward your face to aim. Third person mode is bugged to hell too, and you can't really zoom out far at all.

I'm really digging the story and atmosphere, and the numerous gun customizations but for some reason playing this game just seems like a chore.

Im going to keep trudging on, but the more I play, the more I miss fallout 3

14. I cant wait to figure out where Fallout 4 is going to be, and hearing they're going to use the skyrim engine for it gives me happy thoughts.

Because if betheseda did THAT with the gamebryo engine. IMAGINE what they could sculpt out 3 centuries in the future today!

I'm hoping kinda, just to stray away from the wasteland kinda mechanic, to go towards being in a whole city, but not just any city. Have like the entire city of New York. Or something of that nature.

Or maybe pay homage to the beginning three by going back to california. However at this point in the series it looks like NCR has civilized almost all in that area and probably wouldn't be a good spot for some fallout style action.

I really hope they don't bring caesers legion back, because honestly they annoyed the shit out of me. I loved the Enclave but it seems like they have all been wiped out so far.

So the question I pose, is what other city/region that has a thriving 50s culture/appeal to it would be present in Fallout 4.

15. I think the Fallout Bible states New York was hit pretty hard when the bombs fell. Personally, I don't want to see California again. I'd really like it to be in New York City, but doesn't seem like that is going to happen.

I wonder how Atlanta or Chicago would turn out.

16. Miami would be pretty sweet.

17. I feel New York City as well, that'd be quite the experience. What if instead of an American city they used a city on another continent, for example Moscow in Russia or Sydney in Australia.

18. I don't think that would work to well. Part of the Fallout experience has always been the American 1950's theme.

That's how I always feel as well. I love New Vegas, but the Capital Wasteland is home.

19. ya man, big ass mutated alligators and super mutant retirees would be awesome

20. It has a 50's feel, not 30's. The 30's was the great depression decade, the 50's was an industrious time that had that distinct Americana flavor.