The Fall of the Republic

Discussion in 'Politics' started by yourHIGHness, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Please take the time to watch this video. It's about 2.5 hours long.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VebOTc-7shU]YouTube - Fall of the Republic HQ full length version[/ame]

2. there's a conspiracy theory board. this forum isn't really for posting alex jones video and not adding any discourse of your own, lol.

3. Yeah, and nobody who gives a shit about Politics goes to Pandora's Box. Unless you want to discuss politics with a bunch of crack heads, then the no conspiracies rule in this forum works more like an outright ban.

Eventually I'll get around to writing a few paragraphs on why the whole idea of censoring things in this forum (especially conspiracy theories) is grade-A fucking ridiculous.

Realize everything Alex Jones says can be validated with primary sources...

4. just because it's by Alex Jones it's automatically a "conpiracy theory"? wow. come on...
    Alex Jones is not forcing you to believe him..he isn't stuffing disinformation down your throats.. what he is doing is presenting facts and observations to people who can then make their own educated deicisions on what is going on.

I would add my two cents..but I know if I did I would get attacked and called a crazy person just for thinking outside the box a little. If others show interest in the truths presented, I will share my own conclusions without hesitation...

5. Just dead wrong. At the very least, and this is being kind, you're exaggerating like crazy.

It is a conspiracy theory, that is obvious. Check the definition.

Yes, that's exactly what he's doing.

No, he's offering lies and misrepresentations to the sheep that follow him.

No, you get called a crazy person for supporting crazy people and crazy ideas. And that's exactly what you're doing when you post that garbage video. This isn't a matter of thinking "outside the box a little", it's total insanity.

6. ^^ word. I'm all about stickin it to the man, but Alex Jones is straight up crazy with some of the shit he comes up with.

7. Yes, we know everyone hates Alex Jones, yet somehow loves to rip on him. Why don't we actually talk about his claims instead of just talking about him? I mean ad hominems are nice, but here in the politics section I think we can step it up a notch.

8. I'm all for it, I haven't watched the movie so someone who has can bring up a topic.

And we shall discuss :devious:

9. You're talking about the politics section man... this section is all about ripping on people, not what they do :p I doubt any one of these haters has even seen the movie, otherwise they'd see the nice little break in the middle where Jones comes up and says "Listen, I don't want you guys sitting at home watching this movie to believe what's in it just because I say it's in it, I want you to go out and do your own research and come up with your own conclusions, then you'll start to see that these things make sense"

Plus, it's kind of hard to BS when he's got the footage he does. Instead of just hopping on this hate-train right away, why don't you guys open your minds a little bit and watch the video? You may find some things to be exaggerated, and you may find some things to be completely true.

10. Well, this video has been brought up before, as recently as just a week ago.

Alex Jones is an interesting fellow... I'm familiar with some of his work. But I just don't have the time for a 2 and half hour movie that tells me, in essence, obama sux; when I basically already known that.

11. Why won't those who are 'dead in the head' watch this video or others?
    Simple answer: Fools hate knowledge. And anything they disagree with is automaticaly rdiculed and despised.

Ignorent people may not know but may wish to know. It's the deliberatly ignorent among us that are truly dangerous. They will vote for any and every lie and the liars that present lies because they, themselves, refuse to look at the facts.

So, fools truly do hate knowledge.

Fools are what is killing this country.

12. TheDankery
    The above post was not meant toward you. It posted after you made your post.
    You understand a bit more than most..

13. It is more that just Obama stinking up the place. Freedom itself is crumbling before our eyes and not by accident.

14. And, therefore- NOT just about O'BowMao.

We are being played right into the chains of a new world order/government and some people refuse REFUSE to see this AND do something about it.
    (Maybe there are stuck 'thinking' about world peace) Yea, like that keeps a person safe. Or our country free.

15. Stupid assumption. I have seen it, and it wasn't worth watching. Alex Jones has made it clear many times that he is a nut job. The mere fact that he believes 9/11 was an "inside job" makes his opinion worthless.

And that proves what? What does that have to do with anything? Wow, the nut job thinks the facts support his ridiculous opinions? Shocking, thanks for the information.

And what footage are you referring to?

16. Spoken like a dedicated Jack Ass. All you do is snipe a post. The video contains INFORMATION. Fact based information.

Wait! I get it now!! You hate information!! Why?? Because you are in love with your own ignorent thoughts vs facts!

The sooner you learn that 'you have a right to your opinion but doesn't mean your opinion is right', the better off the world will be.

Oh, and BTW... a Jack Ass is a democrate. Check the history of the DNC logo. But I'll bet you thought my calling you a Jack Ass was an insult.
    See how knowledge acquired from information works??

17. Okay, so he's a nutjob, his opinion is worthless, etc., etc., but what about the actual movie do you disagree with? Can we discuss any issues or is this thread just meant to bash Alex Jones?

18. NateRiver is just trolling. To get him to address any of the points that Jones brings up in that video would be like pulling teeth.

19. It's not "bashing" if it's accurate. Alex Jones is insane, that's why I say it. And it's extremely relevant to the documentary. It it his after all.

If you want to discuss a specific point that Jones makes, then feel free to present it. The reason I'm not discussing the details is because someone comes along every few weeks and posts this video. It would be ridiculous, a waste of time, and against forum rules to discuss it at length every single time someone brings it up.

20. it's monkey see-monkey do.

theres usally a bit of truth behind any conspiracy theory....

and from what ive seen and heard.....theres people in this world,, your own leaders that dont have your best intentions at heart....

sometimes the messanger gets attacked.. before the message gets heard...

for some ,, reality is going to be a slap in the face,,,,for others it will be expected...:cool: