The Fall of a Generation - Documentation

Discussion in 'General' started by Revelation, Jun 17, 2011.

1. #1 Revelation, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2011
    “Someday all of the people who run this world will die and will become replaced with, us.
    The society that we are living in is not like what our parents and our grandparents grew up in. It is stained with greed and corruption everywhere we look. The youth of today have complete lack of morals and ethics to the point where I am sure will very well destroy society.
    For example: It is “cool” for girls to dress like whores and it is “cool” to mimic urban-ghetto culture such as general lazy-ness to even clothing/language.
    I am working on a documentation regarding this and would like to know your opinion. I will be posting this on several different forums and boards to get a view from what everyone has to say.

Also I am not some middle-aged prude or religious activist I am actually one of today’s youth.

Start a discussion and tell me what you are thinking. Any quotes used in my documentation will be credited.

2. #2 Jazzyj, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I don't know...it takes a lot to destroy society. It will change, yes. But society is in a constant state of change. I don't really think our generation is necessarily special.

3. Don't worry i'm a well dressed stoner :)

4. Yes, Society changes but the rate at which it has changed and the direction it has taken is unlike before.

5. You think there wasn't stupid shit that was "cool" back in the day? Greed and violence has always been a big part of human nature, so it's not just recent generations. We'll be the same

6. change is good. i, myself, am not the biggest fan of todays society, so if it is "destroyed," i think it could only be rebuilt stronger... unless on this day, we are still enslaved to the almighty dollar. cruel master...

generations change and evolve, but you realize, this is because everything in the world is changing. technology, philosophies, etc. maybe one day, we'll break free from our chains of ignorance and leave our homes built from scorn. its hard to imagine the world in 20 years

7. There are more people in college than ever before, in a about 10-15 years we'll have a very large educated group thats going to be unemployed or under employed and I think thats when things are going to get interesting if things havent already changed for the better.

Also, there are some good trends happening. For example people have pretty much stopped buying SUVs in favor of smaller cars, smaller houses and apartments are selling better. We are making some serious efforts towards sustainability.

8. #8 Jazzyj, Jun 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    But the direction it takes is always unlike ever before. I'll say it again, it would take a lot of effort to completely destroy society.

9. I share your concerns, OP, but there are plenty other young people in college for engineering, political science, and other smart-people careers. These people come from good families and have decent values (obviously somethings will change from one generation to another) and truly hold the key to our future. Make friends with a few of them, the wigger down the block will never be president.

10. I think that many young people today are genuinely concerned about human rights and peace activism - not just in our country, but in the world.

And I don't really think anyone has to be concerned. Every generation seems to have their own "hip" lifestyles.

11. Every generation is different and every generation is the same.

Every generation has the "cool fads" every generation doesn't get the next and thinks the one before doesn't get them.

Everyone is greedy in some aspect it just depends on how much power, how public, and how many mistakes you leave that tell other people how greedy you are.

Your an individual just like everybody else.- That so true.