Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"The Facts"

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Broosh, Jul 20, 2008.

1. http://www.talkingaboutcannabis.com/TheFacts.htm

just a few for a quick overview:

Cannabis psychosis has been reported in scientific papers for decades. Cannabis causes far more mental illness than drugs like heroin.

Violence and Suicide A Swedish study found more suicides among pot users than those who used alcohol, amphetamines or heroin. The manner of death was more violent.

A study in 2001 from Dunedin found that young male cannabis users were nearly five times more likely to be violent than non users, the risk for alcohol users was around three. Violenceseems to occur with the psychosis or during withdrawal.

Babies born to cannabis using mothers are smaller, hyperactive, have behaviour and learning problems and are 10 times more likely to develop leukaemia.

Almost 100% of heroin users started on pot. New research suggests that cannabis can “prime” the brain for the use of other drugs.

2. It's good to know you're lying about all that.

3. Greetings,

This is the kind of pseudoscience I like to pick apart. Take it from me on this one, these so-called "facts" are VERY pseudoscientific.

Right, and that doesn't make it valid. Hundreds of scientific papers are discredited every year in the peer-review process.

Furthermore, scientific, medical and psychological institutes note that the term "cannabis psychosis" is really more of a place word than an actual condition.

"It is unusual for such a psychosis to occur without other drugs being involved"

Cannabis psychosis is really being used to describe simple recreational intoxication, just another loaded word from the breast of newspeak and Ingsoc.

The parameters for Cannabis Psychosis in this medical journal is ONE of the following. Consider that most human beings on the planet could be accused of being under cannabis psychosis by this list:

This kind of symptom list to describe "cannabis psychosis" is absolutely asinine. It's a placeholder for intoxication, simple as that. Something as simple as drug education can combat bad attitudes towards drug used fostered and exemplified by the traits describe in "cannabis psychosis"

Moving on...

Wow that was greasy.

Firstly, Cannabis is a psychoactive drug, heroin is not. They are not even comparable concerning psychological changes, most of heroins effects are physiological.

"Cause" is also a rat word here, because cannabis can precipitate mental conditions, but not cause them.

Moving on...

Study? Statistical significance? comparative variables? Link of causation? Criticism of methodology? Peer-review? This lacks all of these.

Again, same the above. Again, most importantly, there is no causation drawn, just correlation, and even that is sketchy at best. What leads research to believe that violence SEEMS to occur during psychosis or withdrawal?

What is the definition of "violent"? violent crime? violent verbal attitude? what? Is this a region issue or is this a less parochial trend?

This article provides nothing and it's claims are flimsier than balsa wood.

Wow.... what? How does heroin user's pot use effect the fact that the majority of cannabis users do not use harder drugs? How do you "prime" a brain for other drugs? The pharmokinetics are totally different.

Let's put this out there: 100% of serial killers and child rapists ingest dihydrogen monoxide on a daily basis, therefore we should ban dihydrogen monoxide.

Hope this helped, all it needed was a little critical thinking,

Yours Truly,
    Sam_Spade

4. figures never lie
    but liars figure

just remember that when you read the paper next time.

5. when did i ever say that i said all that?

it was just a website i found and i thought it was funny about everything they're lying about.

6. "Synthetic purified THC, Nabilone, (Marinol in USA) is already available on hospital prescription but has many side-effects and is not popular among doctors."

Ok so i saw that and looked up some stuff about it well WTF people freaking out about people driving while being stoned well this shit is synthetic thc and the website states
    "Do not drive a car or operate machinery until you know how MARINOL affects you"

7. You're signature says that everything you say is a complete lie. I thought it was probably a good thing that you're lying considering I smoke a lot of weed.

8. all i need to know is that native americans sat in circles and blazed out of big as pipes for hundreds of years, and they got fucked by sober assholes from england, not by psychotic people among themselves.

9. Well that sure seems to be a huge crock of bullshit. haha the statistic i found most foolish is the one about violence....I am in college and see more drunk people in fights then you could imagine, but have never once seen a person who i would say smokes alot of pot get in a fight.

The statistic about pot "priming your brain" is foolish also. The way i see cannabis as a gateway drug is only because when you go to your dealers house, they often have other drugs/ people there have other drugs. If pot was legalized and I could get it at a dispensary I would have never even seen most illegal drugs because most of my friends are cannabis only users.

Pot isn't bad at all in moderation... i just took a toke break and it was excellent i would recommend it to anyone

10. still synthetic, its not natural thc, so yeah, probably affects the body different even if its "the same thing"

11. Nice reference to banning water and 1984, one of the greatest books ever written. Also, way to silence the opposition with simple logic.

12. If I was his Dad Id give him a time out
    lol

13. the idea that there are parents out there checking that website now and reading stuff like this stuff below...it's almost sickening.
    --Medicines by law, have to be pure substances, single chemicals, so that their actions are predictable and controllable. Heroin and cocaine fall into that category. Cannabis contains around 400 chemicals.
    of course cannabis has more chemicals...it's a plant! heroin and cocaine are super processed so that they're pure, and it's not a good thing.
    --Many pro-legalisers are users, or their children are.
    that's right, make everyone who wants it legalized to look like a dope head. that's not propoganda right there..
    and just for the note...ive never had anyone refer to weed as blow. that's coke...

14. Wait...you guys have never committed a violent suicide before?

just me?

this kind of shit makes me FURIOUS. :mad:

15. +1

youve officially pwnd face.

congrats.