The existence of God.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by meddlehaze, Apr 25, 2012.

1. What's up guys! It's been a while since I've been on here, more than 4 months and I thought it'd be appropriate to post this thread for my first time back :p

I posit that you cannot know anything without the Christian God.
    "The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom." Proverbs 1:7
    "In Christ are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:3

I would like to read one thing you claim to know.

2. [quote name='"meddlehaze"']I would like to read one thing you claim to know.[/quote]

That the rules of God apply only to man and made by man?

3. #3 Senior PoopiePants, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    Clicks thread...

Reads OP.

Gets offended right off the bat because of its offensive nature.

See's it's from Meddlehaze.

Remembers why and when Meddlehaze left.

Does an about-face and walks away... (edit) - while shaking head.

4. [quote name='"iMPREPREX"']Remembers why and when Meddlehaze left.[/quote]

I can't claim to know why, care to fill me in?

5. Don't want to be a dick. But to put it mildly, we had a civil but aggressive debate, I won an argument, and he said he was leaving GC.

I don't remember the thread. Anyone?

We're here, looking for truth. We have every right to agree and disagree. If you're going to catch feelings and leave, then what can I say?

According to the bible, Pontius Pilate asks a great question: "What is truth?"

What is truth? I don't think any human on this planet is currently aware of what (the) truth is... Not even you, Meddlehaze, as you and your bible claim.

And so we clash...

6. But how do you know that?

To clarify I didn't leave because of any debate. I left because I had other things to focus on and Grasscity was getting in the way of those commitments.

If you are offended by this, I apologize.

7. Ok, if you say so...

Apology accepted!

Now let's get to brass tacks. How can you confirm the validity of the bible? How do you not know if the feeling of joy "chemicals in the brain" is indeed god or just chemicals in the brain?

8. Cool, thanks man :)

The validity of the Bible is proven by the fact that one cannot know anything without the Christian God.

Instead of answering your questions, can you answer mine first?

9. [quote name='"meddlehaze"']But how do you know that?[/quote]

Cause if you watch anything that deals with nature, you'll see. Animals don't pray or worship, but (most, I can't claim ALL) have consciousness and emotion. They'll murder their own family if they have to, without regret or fear of burning in Hell.

Plus, we evolved from apes, yet created in God's image. So was God originally an ape?

Now answer mine, do you think the rules of God apply to all life? Or only man? Who guides the animals?

10. Why haven't we evolved in the last 2012 years then ?

11. It's a very interesting thing to wrap your mind around, but in all it makes sense.

I'd like to know what your opinions about predestination are. "For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified." Romans 8:28-30

12. #13 Postal Blowfish, Apr 25, 2012
    Suppose you are right about everything except the Christian part. How would you know?

Lets face it, the premise of your position is merely something you claim to know. If the truth is similar but not exactly like you state it, your position is as worthless as anyone's.

13. [quote name='"JetsFool420"']Why haven't we evolved in the last 2012 years then ?[/quote]

Uh, evolution is constant, including for us. And it can take millions of years.. Not only that, once man started using their hands and brains, we used that to get what we wanted rather than having to evolve for it.

And why 2012 years? You think mankind has only been around for 2012 years cause that's what the calendar says? Lol, ok.

14. Oh please, let's not talk about how small changes are possible but small changes adding up to large changes are impossible. Please. Please?

15. #16 meddlehaze, Apr 25, 2012
    When I watch anything that deals with nature I see a distinction between animals and humans. What makes your interpretation correct over mine?

John 4:24 "God is Spirit..."

Can you define "rules of God"?
    No, I am a mere human. God is the master of the universe.

God's Word and Divine revelation.
    edit; you can't take the Christian part out of it because that is misrepresenting my premise. If everything, but that is right then the whole thing is wrong.

No, it's a claim made by God (ie. Prov. 1:7, Col. 2:3).

16. You never answered my question about the bible's validity while you use the bible as your only reference...

17. You must have missed it, no problem.

You prove this by previously saying, " I don't think any human on this planet is currently aware of what (the) truth is... Not even you, Meddlehaze, as you and your bible claim."

18. I didn't miss anything. You're using circular logic.

19. I beg to differ. If we suppose I was someone who wrote the same message as you but followed a different god, how would you know I'm not right? You would just say that I followed the wrong god, and you follow the right one, but if we both made the similar claim how would we know which one is right? You can claim that your god told you, but I can claim that my god told me. If I am right, you are deceived. How would you know you're not without the truth to guide you?