The excessive military budget of the United States- And what we could be doing

Discussion in 'General' started by enevitable, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ahhhhhhhh

we have another thread for this :p

2. Calc homework to do :(

3. Some more interesting graphs...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Well there was that whole internet thing in the 90's.

And lol, the last time we had a surplus before Clinton was in Vietnam

5. Thanks CS thats a good deficit graph, when I was searching for some more statistics on it I was having trouble finding some, for some reason the internet likes to link americas deficit with american debt :p

6. #46 NeonBible, May 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    This is spot on. I remember a quote from Gandhi: "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." The person who made Zeitgeist is a human being - and nobody has ever claimed it to be gospel truth. Truth and fact are dangerous terms. I prefer to look at things rationally and the amount of evidence available. There is huge evidence for the banking cartels being involved in descisions to go to war.

Love Bill Hicks. Russo's film sounds like a repeat of what Zeitgeist said for the most part so couldn't bring myself to spare the 2 hours but maybe I will sometime.

And to be honest, Buzzard, what do you have to gain from dismissing Zeitgeist in it's entirity as nonsense - it only suggests biased on your part, because it does contain a lot of compelling and well thought out arguments which rationally are more then understandable.

I hope somewhen we can grow up a little and put our disagreements aside to properly investigate this and collaborate credible sources and links for people not in the know. I myself am struggling to find a balanced communtiy that does just that, in fact I havn't. I only joined here today and I'm relatively new to unveiling the 'real' reasons for American involvement in WW1, WW2... the banks... etc.

RE: the excessive military budget of the United States - the U.S knows it cannot control the world through any field other then military, which is why it coerces, bullies and pushes international confrontations towards violent confrontation or attempts to engineer it's people to believe their enemies irrational and hateful - such as Ahmadinejad who was reported to say 'Israel should be wiped off the map,' which was allegedly a mistranslation - I think the people at the top knew that - reguardless it was excellent fuel for the propaganda fire.

There are ways as people we can combat military expendature. Educate people - do not join the military - politely question our friends or loved ones on their motives for joining and offer them the chance to take a look at history they may not have learned in schools.

Well I hope what I've said makes sense. Look forward to being a part of the community if I stick around, though I don't smoke weed often and was mainly looking to discuss general current affairs...and I realised this seems to be a weed community...ah well ;)