The excessive military budget of the United States- And what we could be doing

Discussion in 'General' started by enevitable, Feb 21, 2008.

1. I like you hangten but you're way too worried about the amero and the NAU. NEver gonna happen

2. Indeed, Fuck Israel. If you want to talk about terrorism, look no further (except to the United States, perhaps), they're by far one of the most monstrously violent and oppressive nations on the planet. Their Arab neighbors have actually been remarkably patient with them.

3. hangten, you are waaaayyy too into that zeigiest movie or whatever its called.

4. youre ignorant. to the max.
    the fact that we spend so much on the war, is probably the reason half the things in your life suck.

oh and if you didnt know, get ready for the next depression.
    its been set up the same as the last
    by the same people

and be ready for every house to be owned by jp morgan,
    and even fewer banking industries.

did you know your money in the bank is not yours
    you might not be able to get it sooner or later.

the large insurers from all the banks are going broke and are in danger.
    the banks themselves are

jp morgan plans on investing in it all and even said that they have enough money and power to be fine even if we go into depression and that they plan on buying out everything. so look forward to a banking union made by the elite few. look for the federal reserve to have federal banks in every state and eventually city. this started with a plan and has been refined to a science.

umm..... whats it take for the liberty bell to toll? sound the alarms people
    were being attacked from the inside, and discouraging the rest of the world from wanting to help us

5. something we agree upon finally.

zeitgiest is full of flaws and is extremely inaccurate. its hilarious how quick some people will jump to conspiracy in the hope that they will appear to be "enlightened" or "more aware" of whats going on in the world.

thats all zeitgiest does, it prays on the weak and converts them into government fearing slaves.

6. I assume you are referring to the Depression, in which case you would be correct. But it certainly wasn't worth all the loss of life, and I'm sure we would've come out of it another way.

7. Makes perfect sense... a person spends countless hours putting together an expose on international banking, the controversy behind 9.11.01, among other things and allows us to watch it for FREE hosted on his own site just to turn us into government fearing slaves.

For what purpose, if you don't mind me asking? How are we weak since we're preforming a necessary duty of any patriotic citizen, questioning the decisions and motives of the government instead of simply trusting. It's proven that your whole income tax goes towards paying off the interest the Federal Reserve is charging your government for its money. None of it goes to health care, none of it goes to education, it all goes to the pockets of the already filthy rich. Money you work, and work HARD for, they get handed to them. And guess what, when you're in war, they're printing more money, your government becomes more in debt, and the American tax payer gets to pay for your ridiculous system with a big chunk of each paycheck.

That's not conspiracy. That's reality. And if you think that's right, you're wrong.

Forget Zeitgeist for a moment. This is reality. For a more factual and realistic expose on the Federal Reserve System and the IRS watch Aaron Russo's Freedom to Fascism.

"I'm gonna share with you a vision that I had, cause I love you. And you feel it. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defense each year, trillions of dollars, correct? Instead -- just play with this -- if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world -- and it would pay for it many times over, not one human being excluded -- we can explore space together, both inner and outer, forever in peace. Thank you very much. You've been great, I hope you enjoyed it."

8. Man, stick around. I always enjoy reading your posts. We need more people who really believe in peace, love, and understanding around here.

9. Hangten its good to see your presence in this thread, you have some pretty good ideals and I like seeing them. As I said in my original post America is pretty much a war machine. If we didn't have war a lot of americans would be out of jobs, and our economy would be gone. Case in point: Women first really entering the work place in ww1-ww2, really changing our economy. One of the things I would like to see of in america is funding moving out of the military sector and into the industrial and science sectors. If we spent half the money we do on war, for scientific research for alternative energies, we wouldn't be having this massive oil crisis that we are going to have in the next 5-10 years.

Whether you guys want to agree with me or not, if we do not drastically change our ways before 2020 the war on Iraq is going to look like childsplay

10. maybe you should research some of the "facts" of zietgiest. almost the entire religion segment is drastically flawed. at first that was my favorite part, until i did my research.

a lot of the 9/11 stuff is inaccurate. like the information they presented about "building 7"

and the 3rd section is purely speculation. they use the premis of the Real ID "RFID" to convince you that the rest of their fear mongering information is true, then proceed to go into NAU, the Amero, and finally when we become a police state.

And if you think the creator of that movie did it all for FREE, you are truly ignorant. Im sure he has recieved tons of donations from various special interest groups including the liberal MoveOn.org

Just admit that you have no more idea of whats going on in the country than any other citizen. Its easy to buy into conspiracy or "truthing" because it makes you feel like you understand. Im guessing you are in you late teens, early 20's. Once you've lived 30-50 years, ull realize all these conspiracies are just that, conspiracy.

I remember the JFK conspiracy. Just be a citizen and do your best to make this country the best it can be.

11. What about it? I still think it holds its own. Some of the ideas such as the driver being the gunman are ridiculous, but I don't believe the official story by any means.

You're right on the money with the age thing. I'll be sure to log on in a couple decades and pm you what I believe then. ;)

With my ideology I find it difficult to comprehend why you'd be so apprehensive about "truthers" and various other conspiracy theorists. We are patriotic Americans, in the original sense, looking out for our country, our freedoms, and love in general. If you think our opinions are farfetched, awesome, tell us why, but don't insult us claiming that we're ignorant due to our age, or that we were weak. We'll (well I'll, I understand that many of us are immature and don't debate very well.) do the same thing. I will tell you why I disagree and what I prioritize in these situations, not insult you.

Really, just look at the outcomes... if we're wrong: we waste our time and effort, nothing changes because the things we fought about didn't need to be changed, after all. We all move on. Why does this affect you so much you feel to resort to name calling and insults?

If we're right: there's bigger problems, and I'm glad there's many of us to look out for those problems and alert others to them.

12. Im sorry if I dont buy that you were part of that crew who was on during the 9/11 attacks. I dont buy it at all. Seems like you are using zeitgeist again to catalog the events of that day.

Im former military as well. That being said, its disturbing you would even post what you did post. Its a clear violation of UCMJ so you might want to edit that and watch what you say about your "accounts"

EDIT- maybe its possible that the terrorist werent complete morons and knew that this "exercise" was taking place and specifically chose that date to make their attack since they knew there would be mass confusion. does that not enter into anyones mind?

13. The thing you have to realize is that there are a lot of conservatives in the government.

A lot of conservatives will not look at facts, they will base their reasoning on what past presumptions that they have. In this case a lot of people in the government still think that marijuana will cause our youth to go brain dead, kill their families(lol reefer madness) and generally cause anarchy.

The reason there is a difference between tobacco and marijuana is that marijuana was not as wide spread as tobacco was back in the day. Corporations saw the merit that tobacco had and thus creation of plantations etc etc.

Tobacco became a pretty big cash crop, whilst marijuana was left behind.

Then came anslinger who was racist and wanted to get rid of the mexicans. He made up a slander campaign and the rest was history.

If marijuana was more prevalent then tobacco was at the time, tobacco would be the 'marijuana' and they would have scape goated mexicans with it.

The thing is: I would venture to say that 90% of the public is misinformed with the safety statistics of marijuana, and they still have their prehistoric biased views of it.

Not to mention, but honestly if we did legalize marijuana, a lot more of our youth would abuse it.

But that leads into another discussion:

Say for example we dissect an average highschool class from a suburban area that is decently ranked in the country for its income.

A reasonable percentage of those kids will have tried marijuana

Lets say that number is 30%

Of those 30% who tried it, how many of those do you think are on the honor role?

Id venture to say less then 5%

While those numbers I used were made up, would you agree that they are fairly accurate in representation?

That to me is the single biggest reason why marijuana isn't gaining more momentum towards legalization. They see our youth using it, and the youth that are using it are the ones that don't naturally excel scholarly.

Once we can make that distinction clear to the government along with the mortality statistics, marijuana doesn't look so bad.

14. First of all, I think Hangten's account is legitimate.

Second of all, it wasn't one exercise there was an abundance, so please stop trying to downplay the number.

Third, when Hangten originally presented his facts he did so with no mention of Zeitgeist, he presented numerous facts, why don't you spend your time discrediting them, you know, in a productive manner instead of calling it all non-sense without any facts to support that assertion. In my mind, even IF everything in that movie has no legitimate sources, neither do you.

15. I'm not so sure

I just connected the dots and realized that hangten was the OP of the landing on the moon thread

We actually have a mountain of scientific evidence proving we did land on the moon, yet he still created a lunar landing conspiracy thread

That takes away a little credibility in my opinion (which btw hangten, why did you stop posting in that thread? was it because the fact that we planted a lunar reflector and even still today use it to measure gravity and the conservation of angular momentum of the moon?)

Anyways I really don't like unfounded conspiracy claims

16. according to who? how can you say his account is accurate. why because you've seen zeitgiest as well?

im not saying thats not how it all went down. im saying a) he isnt legally allowed to talk about it and b) just because that is how it played out, doesnt mean that these terrorist are fucking idiots and didnt specifiy chose this day for their attack because they knew this training exercise was occuring.

17. Man, this isn't about the moon. It's about all the points he presented on the previous page. If you can't discredit them then I don't see how you can state that they're unfounded and I could argue that I think you're just as much being herded as you may believe we are.

I said "think." Way'ta jump down my throat for having an opinion.

18. All the evidence I need:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQKxAqpjroo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mQKxAqpjroo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
    :smoking:

19. Nope. Zeitgeist is junk.

The economical benefit was just a side effect, WWII was a good thing.

I'm not a fan of all of this Fed reserve and central banking but i'm not all to worried.

I do think something happened with JFK

20. What parts aren't?