The evolution.....of RELIGION

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Uncle_Meat420, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Sort of an ironic idea that made me laugh the other day while smoking....

How did modern religion come to be the way it is?

Evolution obviously!

Things in that religion changed over time until it became the self perpetuating force that is modern Christianity. The reason I bolded the above is because any organism that exists today must have a sort of self perpetuating genetic code, and what I mean by this is that there DNA leads to reactions that keep the species going.

Examples:

1. Lets say you tell a christian they are wrong about something and there ideas are bad or whatever. Christians have a built in belief that when they are persecuted it's a test from god and they need to be even more faithful. The net effect is they keep believing, possibly even stronger than before

2. A christian begins to doubt god/bible/jesus/the church. Well certain branches of the church teach that doubting can only bring you closer to god. Mother Teresa has a famous dialogue in letters about this very thing. The net effect is they keep believing, possibly even stronger than before

So the question I put before you blades: Was Christianity designed this way by a genius creator or was this religion formed through a gradual process and it being "the fittest" survived into today?

2. Genius creators. In a way, prophecies from the bible are still unfolding. A master blaster contradiction of a book written by regular human beings when we thought the earth was flat. I just think its means of control now.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thats the thing about faith, if you truely have enough faith in something you start to convince yourself its as real as my thumbs (shit example) And only you can change your opinion on it. I dont think the attachment people have to christianity was created, more for feeling safe that your life is not just 1 in 7 billion, you sir are going to a better place when you die! shit who wouldn't want to believe in that. I used to but some guy walking on water turning the shit to wine? Bitch please.

@Ashtapper What has the bible guessed right so far? I see no ark! :confused_2:

4. Of course religions evolve over time. It's just important not to misunderstand "evolve." There is no positive or negative attributes to it but rather the evolution represents a neutral position during constant changing. As energies move around, so does our conceptions of religion and each of the religions.

5. Its literally the oldest form of propaganda, which 1st century aristocrat Roman Catholics uses to replace the Jewish warrior prophet, with a peaceful forgiving prophet.

Sent from my burner