The Euro Has Bigger Fish to Fry Than Greece

Discussion in 'Politics' started by xmaspoo, Jun 29, 2011.

1. The Euro Has Bigger Fish to Fry Than Greece - The Source - WSJ

The beginning of things to come? The bailouts won't save the Euro, they didn't save the Euro last year, nor will they save it this year. Delay of the inevitable... You can't prop up bad debts with borrowed money, and then hike the interest rates on the money owed. The leaders of Greece have betrayed their own populous. They give them a worthless currency to trade in, coupled with higher taxes and an economy that weakens by the day.

Perhaps we may see something of the sort in America in the not too distant future.

[​IMG]

2. FUCK the European Union.
    FUCK the Euro.
    FUCK the IMF.
    And most of all, FUCK all the assholes that forced this shit on us.

3. Spain has over a 20% unemployment rate, and Portugal is worse, not to even mention Ireland.

Best of luck Europe. Have fun being bought out by the Chinese like us.

4. Word, China is buying up everything. In 3-5 years China will be the new top super power of the world.

5. I'm not too worried... Europeans have done for centuries what the Chinese are doing now. If poverty is my fate, I'm willing to accept it and make the best of the situation.

6. #6 SmokinP, Jul 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2011
    Agreed my Dutch brother...

Anyway our food bills are not as high as our American brothers and sisters...:)
    Everything is bigger in the ole USA...

Oh i'm off to the Dam on the 19th for a bit of chill. I take it i will still be able to spend my days and nights drinking coffee and smoking the glorious herb ?
    All this talk of restrictions does not involve Amsterdam ?

7. You'll have no prbolem buying and smoking. They will introduce it in the Southern border provinces first before the end of 2011 and in the rest of the country during the course of 2012. Or so they say.

8. What would happen if everyone went back to bartering? This is a hypothetical...lol

9. The only good thing about the EU is I can move to any country in it with ease.

...That's about it really.

10. Thats nice for you....what about everybody else?

11. Agreed... but you don't need an EU for that, countries can make those arrangements among each other. And if one country doesn't want to allow everybody to travel freely without passport checks, they should be able to do that.

12. cmon Johnny...jump in here...lol

13. You mean what would happen if everybody went back to bartering?
    I'm not sure about that... what if I wanted a car? I can't really think of anything that I could trade for a car.

14. Indeed...there are real security problems though. The place is not safe....yet...lol.

15. I know why you want and need....but is it really that important?

Yes, you have important work to do. So do I. We have to support our families.

And we can figure out a way to do this on a global scale. The innernetz. Bit coins is bartering.

16. Commerce, yes.

17. I see a future in bartering, but I'm talking hundreds if not thousands of years into the future.
    My vision of the future is that human beings will ultimately be able to transform any substance into any other substance by converting the molecules into "blank" molecules and then changing their structure to however it suits us. That way no resource would be scarce anymore. We could take rocks and change them into the resources needed for a cell phone for instance.
    I also believe that ultimately mankind will find an unlimited source of energy.

I think if you combine these two developments, nothing will be scarce anymore and everything will be extremely easy and efficient to produce, making everything virtually worthless in terms of money.
    What can I say, Im a dreamer.

18. You call yourself a smoker? lol. You really can't think of anything you can barter with and you're on a weed forum?

You must have never had a lot of herb on you because herb is as good as currency where I am. If I want to eat out I call up a buddy and do some bartering. Funny that you mention a car because my friend recently traded for one.

19. What if everybody grows their own weed?