The Ethos Genetics Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheUltimateNoob, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Curious to see how those do, being so young. Just curious where you live because of your climate. I’m waiting until mine are vegged a month or 2 before putting them outside. Curious of yield differences, on same strains, from my indoor grow to outdoor grow. It’d be nice to get 5 or 6 pounds off of outdoor to make all into concentrate and smoke the quality indoor .

• Like Like x 1
  2. thats my indoor bed

• Like Like x 2
  3. Definitely looks like it’s outside. I’ll probably make my grow room floors field turf cause it would look sweet and I already have enough scrap pieces to do it. My only concern with bringing in the field turf is, it’s been stored outside and don’t really want to bring any pests in that could jeopardize my harem.

• Like Like x 2
  4. yeah i gave the cover crop 2 weeks to establish itself over the mulch layer. Probably another week till i put the clones in. Waiting onbthe parents to show sex

• Like Like x 2
  5. So I take it you’re all organic and use live soil.

• Like Like x 1
  6. yep. this is my first time with no till. Super amped to see what happens

• Like Like x 2
  7. I was going to go with live soil but didn’t have the time to cook it. Was going to order Kind soil, but shipping was as much as the soil. So I just decided to use nutes. I’ll cook some organic living, for next time around but want to test it with clones. One with organic living and other using nutes. Sorry to go off topic on your grow journal Noob!

• Like Like x 2
  8. Haha, no worries, I enjoy the activity on my threads - I read everything. Gives other readers some more content also

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  9. Let’s see some pics of those Ethos girls. How old are they?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Coming later today bro, sorry about the delay

• Like Like x 1
  11. #51 TheUltimateNoob, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    And here they are;

I gave them another defoliation a couple of hours ago and I'll flip them soon. Just waiting for the to-be clones to grow out a bit more.

Hopefully it doesn't get too crowded once flower is in full swing.

The first 2 pictures are the before shots, last 2 are the afters.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. For anyone that may have caught it, they're a bit droopy because they're a bit dehydrated.

I watered them after the pictures so they should be fine in a few hours

• Like Like x 2
  13. i think they look just fine. You’ll have some good smoke in a few more weeks man. Nice job

14. Look good to me I can't wait to see them explode , I'm gonna start calling you king Midas (everything you touch turns to gold)

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  15. Haha, thanks for that bro!
    Wish you were around when I was deciding on a username, lol.
    If I join another forum I'll use it proudly

I rigged up a small bottle CO2 generator in the tent, will upload some pictures and a video shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Hmmm cannabis works the same as trees never thought of that, just for flower or whole life cycle?( still working on shipping for that btw)

17. I only thought of using it like 2 days ago so I'll just run it in flower this time around. I may run it in veg as well on my next run. It looks cool bubbling away.

I haven't done too much research on it, but the extra CO2 out the bottle wouldn't be enough to hurt anything... And I'm pretty sure it's not even close to dangerous levels for humans(3000ppm)

And no worries, I'm patient. Lol.

18. #58 TheUltimateNoob, May 23, 2020
    Last edited: May 23, 2020
    Greetings everyone.
    Update time.

The tent is looking awesome right now.
    I changed the timer to 12/12 and flipped the bloom switch on as well. They're due for a feeding when the light comes on later.

They're also in for a major defoliation in a few days... Let's hope it isn't too much for them to handle.

So about that DIY CO2 generator I mentioned...

I know some of the advantages and disadvantages of running CO2 in a tent and how to properly use it, but I figured it couldn't hurt even though I have a vented setup. I'm not gonna seal up my tent, try to control climate and all that stuff, it's just something new to do and maintain. Please don't hate, lol.

To make the generetor;

- I simply rinsed out a 2L bottle, filled it a bit over the label with tap water (my tap water is pretty clean @67ppm). I know distilled water is better to use but I wasn't up to waiting for some to get delivered or setting up a quick distillation apparatus.

- I added almost a cup full of brown sugar and shook the bottle until all the sugar was dissolved.

- I made a hole in 1 bottle cap for the sugar/yeast mixture and hot glued a pipe in place for the CO2 to travel through as well as to serve as a detector in another bottle.

- I added a 20g sachet of dry, high foam superbrew yeast to the bottle and shook it up a bit (closed with a normal cap) first to mix it up. I then screwed the cap with the single pipe onto this bottle and left it aside to allowe some time for the mixture to start reacting.

- I made 2 holes in the cap for the "detector" bottle, 1 for the pipe from the first bottle submerged in water and the 2nd to channel the CO2 to the circulation fan with both pipes sealed onto the cap with hot glue. The pipe is submerged so it can develop bubbles as CO2 is being formed. This is so I can monitor how active the mixture is.

- I tied a small hand towel over the yeast mixture to shield it from my grow light and placed everything in my tent.

I'll maintain this yeast solution by emptying out 70-80% of the solution out, filling it up with fresh water and adding another cup of sugar.

This will be done every week or so, I'll judge by how many bubbles per/s can be viewed at the detector. The process creates byproducts that will make the solution toxic to the yeast if left unattended for more than a week or 2.

Here's a short video on the setup;

I'll put up a few pictures of it also, in case the link doesn't work for you.

I've included a few shots of the girls as well.

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

19. So the generator works but its running out of gas really quick... I need to get bakers yeast and add way less to the bottle... Gonna get the stuff a bit later.

I also need to figure out my sugar:yeast ratio to have the generator run for a week at least.

20. Wow, that's some engineering right there. Lmk if you feel you hey results

• Like Like x 1