The Ethos Genetics Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by TheUltimateNoob, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Greetings Grasscity
    :hola:

So I started off 2 seeds for this run;
    Black Fire & Inzane In The Membrane
    both by Ethos Genetics.

You can catch up on how things went so far here;
    Ethos Genetics Grow, here we go
    I was able to get a single tree to fill up the entire tent on my last run but I decided to go with 2 this time to make it a bit easier to manage.

Anyway, I transplanted them into 5L smart pots on the 6th of April and watered them (no nutes) shortly after the transplant. The water was at 66 ppm with a pH ~6.25.
    They didn't seem to experience any obvious transplant shock so it's all going smoothly so far.

The Inzane seems to be outgrowing her company but I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem as I plan to create a manifold on both of them and train them to maximize yeild.

Here's a few pics I shot a few hours ago.

As I uploaded these I noticed that their leaves were drooping just a tad, which I can only trace back to light intensity at this point so I backed the light up a couple of inches to see how they respond. I've also included a picture of the root ball for each strain (taken on the 6th).

Thanks for the read :thumbsup:
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  2. your going to love growing those Ethos out. I haven’t grown those strains yet so I’m excited to see yours finish. Here’s a pic of a Rainmaker I have in flower. Just finished week one in 15 gallons of a custom soil blend. And a pic of her Indica sisters, Peyote Gorilla from Seedsman Comparison grow

9467F087-B624-4EC5-B50C-B9FE55E1C2B6.jpeg 6E914BB6-4874-4C79-995A-B9F91444E045.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  3. rainmaker... the one strain i couldnt find!

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’ve been growing it for 2-3 years. I lost my Mother to mites last year but had a few seeds from random buds. Only ever 1 or 2 per harvest. So I germinated them and kept the best. Also cut 4 clones before sending her to flower so hopefully she will stick around

5. Nice!.. That's quite a setup you have there

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  7. Update

So they've been topped down to the 3rd node about 8 hours ago (on the 12th) and I've left the growth tips on the 2nd node because I want to take clones.

The Inzane has developed much quicker so I moved the light over the Black Fire to hopefully give it a little boost.

I gave them a feed after topping and took some pictures to see how they've responded not too long ago (last 7 pics taken today - 13th). They have around 5 hours of light left for this cycle so I think it's safe to say they're doing well.

I'm also trying to root the cut tops, let's see if they take.

Here's the pictures. Enjoy

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. Haha, I'm glad you asked. I took these pictures about 3 hours ago and didn't get around to posting the update yet.

They're doing well, I watered them today at 74ppm and a pH ~6.28.

I also trimmed the growth tips that were facing directly up or down on the main stems just after watering them.

Its looking good so far but the Inzane is growing way faster.

I placed the black fire a bit lower to hopefully get her to stretch a bit and catch up.

Anyway, here they are. I'll update again tomorrow with some better pictures and hopefully some better nodal spacing on the Black Fire.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Wow that inzane is literally insane that's crazy growth. Are you gonna manifold into 8 main colas with these as well.? Both in the mars tent?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  10. I'm thinking of shaping each tree into a rectangle to fill out half of the tent per tree. So yeah maybe I'll go with just the 8 mains off the 3rd node and remove all the side shoots - unlike the Blue Dream where most of the side colas were kept and trained into the space.

I almost lost my crop to Powdery Mildew in the last week of flower so I don't want to crowd the space so much.
    I rather have 12 to 16 main colas with plenty of space around them for air this time than 8 mains surrounded by a whole lot of medium colas.

Hopefully it all goes to plan.

I want to clone the shoots from the 2nd node just before initiating 12/12, but I may leave the ones on the black fire in place if she doesn't catch up in size.

I'm considering running the UFO with 2 x 9w Osram 6500k LED bulbs in the grow box for vegging.

• Like Like x 1
  11. looking good man. The Black Fire being very much Indica is going to be a stout little bush.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Your UFO over the black fire could be just what it needs to help veg up couldn't hurt as long as you keep an eye on it. Not 100% accurate use the light meter app to monitor.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Thank you, and thanks for the info. I now realise its pointless robbing the tree of par it could use.
    Ethos didn't release the genetics of the Inzane strain on their site so I just thought the Black Fire was falling behind - I didn't check the BF genetics because it was a freebie.

So anyway, I dropped the light and have the trees at the same level. Let's see how it goes.
    I suspect the light is just a little too close but I'll know in a few hours.

Attached Files:

14. It would be too much of a hassle to put it in the tent as its dismantled and cable strapped inside the mini grow box, lol. But thanks for the idea, it might have helped.

• Like Like x 1
  15. when needed just prop the Black Fire up on a box or block of wood or something to create an even canopy. Some added red spectrum might encourage a little stretch, but those bushy indicas are kind of set in their ways

16. #17 TheUltimateNoob, Apr 20, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2020
    I have the bloom switch still off right now.

The spectrum should be sitting at ~3195k
    With the bloom switch on it will bring it down to ~2980k but the power draw will go from 120w to 240w.

I could use the bloom mode only to keep it at 120w for veg but that will take away the blue spike, drop the spectrum below 2980k, take away the UV-A band, and more importantly I don't want the Inzane to stretch due to the extra reds.

I'm definitely gonna use that idea of propping it up in the later stages when I need to... I feel like thats gonna be soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Here they are. I increased the feed strength to around 530ppm and they seem to love it. I might try slightly higher once this batch of nutes is finished.
    I keep my nutrients for 3 days as I mix it 10L at a time.

Growth has been taking off but nothing exciting really. They're on their way to the 2nd set of toppings.
    All is well in the tent!

Attached Files: