Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the end times

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by fer405, Mar 11, 2012.

1. #21 thestonedstoner, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2012
    I would just like to add something. Just because we don't understand something, does not mean it isn't real or capable of happening. I believe logic is a very important thing in this world but sometimes there are things that just can't be explained or understood at the moment. I'm not really a religious person, but I do believe that from our perspective our world is governed by infinite possibility and we can't really be sure what is going to happen.

Back in the 1500's a concept like quantum physics would have blown the minds of people living during that time period. Just because they didn't understand it, it did not mean it doesn't hold true or it isn't real. The universe is full of surprises, and almost anything is possible.

EDIT: One more thing I'd like to add, I use to worry and ponder a lot about what would happen after death and what life means. Honestly, it's a waste of time to do that because we have no clue what's going to happen and we can never really be completely 100% sure. The only thing that is 100% guaranteed, is that you have this life on earth so live life to the fullest, do everything you want to do, and don't let people hold you back. "Do what you want while you still can" before it's too late.

2. I'm not sure if you should smoke less... or more...

3. I believe that nothing will happen once we die and that well just go in the ground and become fertilizer, but I heard that when you die large amounts of DMT are released; which could put you in some kind of dream state that feels like another life or something like that. Thats what I believe will happen, but I hope that people go to heaven and get to live a "after life"

4. Man I think about shit like this all the time. I mean life in general is a confusing ass thing haha. Especially when I'm baked man the shit I think about is usually so deep lol. but anyways I suppose no one's ever gonna know the answer right? haha

5. #26 bp4er, Mar 11, 2012
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbSCDgw4s7U]Rakim - After You Die (Full Original Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: Usually I'm just wondering When I'll die, not what happens when I do.
    I already know what happens when I die- I will finally know peace.
    I ain't gona commit suicide or nothing, but I won't run from death if it comes knockin on my door either.
    "Remember this face, save me a place, in thugs mansion" --Pac.

6. There is a short story that I think you should read about this.

I was high enough when I first came across it on another site to tear up after reading it for a while. It's from the author Andy Weir and available on his website in 31 different languages and is called The Egg.

I'm going to copy it here, but you should check out the source. Haven't read any of the other stuff.

7. Not sure about you guys but I certainly hope that their is not any type of afterlife. Being in a "heaven" for eternity would eventually become a hell. What would their be to do day after day. 1 life is enough for me and I am content with the idea of going to sleep and never having to worry about anything ever again.

8. #29 kingdomofmauri, Mar 11, 2012
    There is evidence in the same way there is evidence for global warming, it's scientific consensus and pretty much agreed upon that dark matter exists and that the universe is expanding and they are actually quite close to proving it, but if you don't 'believe' that's true then that's your decision. You are basically saying that you believe in what you believe in regardless of the outside world, which is fine you have to live how you have to live but you aren't using the logic that we all abide by in this universe which we consider to be real.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that with you, you clearly have a different idea of what a fact is than I do. I can only debate with you within the rules of what we know and what is considered fact and what has been agreed upon by the scientific community.

Personally, I am of the "i have no idea and will never have any real idea" faith, but I can't allow myself to apply false logic to one piece of life on one hand and then accept fact/science/evidence/etc on the other hand.

Yea totally, that was the point I made earlier in the thread about the born-blind people, but no almost anything isn't possible, that would be a chaotic world. We live in a reality of possible and not possible. We evolved everything, we evolved logic it serves a purpose, and we also have the ability to completely ignore that logical world we ground ourselves in because that also serves a purpose. At this point in time, to think we are beyond evolution is silly. Everything we are was evolved, for a purpose. But sure, 'anything' is possible in the grand sense. But we don't live in the grand sense that's insane.

edit; I should also add that quantum physics always existed no? Computers were possible, they simply weren't innovated in 1500. But I don't believe me turning into a dragon by eating mushrooms is possible and certainly won't be innovated ;D

9. surrogates and the matrix, we are all plugged in, this is all i will say. i took the red pill bitches

10. I think each lifetime is a dream that our "overworld body" had every night. Each night is a different lifetime, and perhaps between "lives/dreams" we can reflect on the memories from each life all at once and share our experiences as discovered truths with the others around us.

11. I used to believe in global warming as much as you. I still believe it is viable. But there are also a few key problems with it. When we look at the graphs over 600,000 years, we can see the temperature rising and falling almost in tandem with the CO2 levels in the air. However, when we look at the CO2 over the last 200 years, matching it with the temperature graph, the results are much less clear. Ive seen a book that shows 2 temperature graphs matches with 2 CO2 graphs, over slightly different number of years (less than 50 years difference) and the trend of the graph changed from a definite upward slant to a completely flat slant! Also, the temperature goes up in a linear motion with the rising CO2 levels, yet our CO2 levels have doubled, or tripled or whatever since we started polluting the world, yet our temperatures have BARELY increased, definitely not twice or three times the old average temperature. I believe there are external forces that follow a similar timeline as CO2 levels, but we havent connected yet which ones are actually changing the temperature.

Furthermore, the entire population of cockroaches on this earth puts out more CO2 gas than every human combined, including cars, factories, etc. Why aren't we killing off cockroaches?

That really shows how small our impact is on the CO2 levels.

12. Funny, I used to believe what you just described haha. Guess we flip flopped in a parallel universe. But no I'm with the scientific community, it's not looking good for mother Earth. What the consequences will be though, nobody knows, could be major or minor.. we'll find out when we get there, and I'm sure we will. The effects are already being observed on wildlife at both poles, they are QUITE dramatic I might add. Unless you think we're about to go into a natural ice age or something, personally I think it's us :smoke:

And for the thread I just want to add: I just wish people would admit they don't know, and that their instinct or gut feeling isn't a credible source.

13. Yes, I still believe in Global Warming, I just realised I dont want to be like a stupid Christian and believe everything because of the "experts" tell me. I dont want to be closed minded and think that Global Warming is definitely happening and I not even look into other possibilities.

14. [quote name='"IDKidea"']There is a short story that I think you should read about this.

I was high enough when I first came across it on another site to tear up after reading it for a while. It's from the author Andy Weir and available on his website in 31 different languages and is called The Egg.

I'm going to copy it here, but you should check out the source. Haven't read any of the other stuff.

[/quote]

Wow left me speechless......why did you guys high jack my thread and start talking about space and global warming? What's up with the fighting 2

15. when i think about the end of my life, i just become sad. i just dont think about it, because it will happen regardless.