The End of the Tunnel

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jörmungandr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Ongoing LST is attempting to recreate the impressive sprawl for the two fresh faces working in the shade of one of the most lush examples of my convoluted contortions.
    IMG_20220206_220316.jpg IMG_20220206_220259.jpg IMG_20220206_213352.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. First day of LST for the what was the weakest showing from my wave of starts from January. The bottleneck they've created only allowed four seeds to drop this month. Will be forced to advance a pair of the Jan crowd into short hours in a day or two (about two to three weeks ahead of schedule) just to give me some breathing room.
    Image531.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. It's a boy; shuffling outside tomorrow to make room for the next in line already on short hours in the main space.
    IMG_20220222_202326.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tight squeeze in extended veg for at least six weeks.
    IMG_20220226_014212.jpg

5. [​IMG]

Seedlings survived another long stretch unattended. I only have 2 more weeks to put some size on these before they go in the ground as the Spring set.

Shoved them all back in the shed under the lights. If we get more 80 degree days like it was yesterday they will start cranking.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. All three from the same batch of seeds at one month above ground but the more diminutive and tightly clustered specimen has been under a 90 w blurple UFO while the matching pair are riding it out beneath 70 w SMD panels offering natural light.
    IMG_20220310_035620.jpg IMG_20220310_024232.jpg IMG_20220310_024656.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Got a few more clones rooted and out of the cloner. Starting to get the Spring plants in the ground.

BNW

8. Will be forced to flower this baby in here since the new light will be tied up testing how well it brings along the upcoming wave beneath the spread of the gal already committed to the space.
    IMG_20220314_224629.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Coming on like gang busters in here.
    IMG_20220322_202855.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Yet another disappointment. Beginning to doubt the viability of flowering in this particular cabinet considering the string of promising efforts showing up as male following their initiation to short hours in here.
    IMG_20220325_205716.jpg IMG_20220325_205726.jpg

11. You could run clones and not keep having them pesky males taking up valuable real estate.
    :)
    An American Dream - White Picket Fences and Marijuana in the So Cal Sun
    Clones.
    BNW

12. Sage advice on involving clones but past failures have held my focus on seed based progression. Could you offer an opinion on possible sites to target for clipping on a specimen this far along or should I experiment with something that hasn't gotten this far?
    IMG_20220331_220214.jpg IMG_20220331_220227.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  13. First step in a brand new race.
    IMG_20220403_214254.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. You want your take cuts from veg stage plants the day you flip them to flower.
    The further into flower they are the less likely they are to root and then if they do root you get to wait out the reveg.

Do it like I do. Clone everything. Flower the original plants . Sort and discard the male clones. It takes a bit longer to do it like this but you get the best clones this way.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BNW

15. Aloe, honey, bananas, etc are touted as natural avenues to promote the process; wondering if you've ever attempted any of these options or do you just consider them homespun nonsense?

16. Try them all I say.. I know the Organic growers use fresh cut Aloe as rooting gel. I was having such miserable luck getting anything to root and one of the suggestions was to use an off the shelf rooting gel. It worked and I never dug any deeper into alternatives.

In fact something in the latest clones, I'm seeing their rooting up high at the top of the cubes where the act of me pushing the stem in the cube leaves most of the cloning gel. The next set I'm going to try cutting the cubes open and lay the dipped stem in place, close the cube and drop in the holder.

BNW